Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:18 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,731,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Hahahahaha......so the children of straight parents never end up gay?
Nah, never... don't you know you can only catch the gay from other gays? Then you have the mental geniuses who don't understand the difference between inherited and genetic, so they believe gayness will die out if all the current gay people are gone. No big surprise most psychologists (and most other types of doctors) are liberals, since it seems the right has some trouble understanding and/or accepting even basic science.

Quote:
With your thinking then a "traumatic" experience as a child is justification for decisions made in life. Molesting a kid is fine as long as the perp was molested when young? Assault is okay as long as the perp was assaulted when young? So one alleged incident as a child made Chaz Bono choose to switch genders?
If that were true, wouldn't we have a HUGE number of transgendered folks? Unfortunately childhood sexual abuse is very common, and not everyone develops gender or sexual identity issues as a result... and on the flip side, not all TG people were abused at any time. It seems to be a random anomaly, for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 10:06 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,409,910 times
As far as Dr. Joseph Nicolosi's findings go it is caused by absent fathers so any broken family where the father is missing or not emotionally there you will have kids who are at risk. Kids being raised by single mothers as well. That family dynamic is epidemic now so we may have more and more boys growing up to be gay. Not a certain, but a risk. If the mother is critical of her son showing roughhousing, etc. the things boys do, then they get the message they will be dismissed for being male. Girls need fathers just as much.

So if a gay household supports the boy and has a man who can father him or be a role model and they accept him as a male, he has a better chance of growing up straight. I read some lesbian households do not like men or maleness so those boys would be in trouble. All kids need to be accepted the way they are born. Their gender should be celebrated, never put down.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,029,361 times
Quote:
Congratulations. You just took home the homophobe of the year award.

Why do you actually care if someone is gay?
I don't see anything homophobic in my post at all. Homosexuals have been hoping for decades that scientists will figure out if a "gay gene" exists and/or where in the human physiology it comes from. I merely replicated that stance, and no malice towards homosexuals was implied.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:18 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,950,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

In any case, gays are mostly nice people (as long and they stay away from tolerance training in schools IMO, too many activists doing the wrong thing there for me to TOLERATE that).
They deserve the right to work and live mostly in peace.
Like I said, most are nice folks.
BUT, we are going to follow the adopted children and that is going to perhaps give the greatest view regarding gays effect on children and society at large.
I hope there is no change and everything stays good. We'll see!
Why THANK you!! I've been waiting from validation from you for my entire time here on City Data!! Now I can live my life happily now that I "deserve the right to work and live "mostly" in peace."

No words.

Quote:
That family dynamic is epidemic now so we may have more and more boys growing up to be gay. Not a certain, but a risk. If the mother is critical of her son showing roughhousing, etc. the things boys do, then they get the message they will be dismissed for being male. Girls need fathers just as much.
It's really funny that you think this. Or sad. I'm not sure which, but I'll let you know.

Quote:
If that were true, wouldn't we have a HUGE number of transgendered folks? Unfortunately childhood sexual abuse is very common, and not everyone develops gender or sexual identity issues as a result... and on the flip side, not all TG people were abused at any time. It seems to be a random anomaly, for the most part.
They estimate that 1 in 4 woman will be sexually assaulted at some point in their lives. 25% of the female population are not lesbians - more like 2-5%. Shoots that theory out of the water.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:52 AM

994 posts, read 722,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Why THANK you!! I've been waiting from validation from you for my entire time here on City Data!! Now I can live my life happily now that I "deserve the right to work and live "mostly" in peace."

No words.
It's a free country. You're allowed to live how you want but so is everyone else. Meaning nobody is required to accept you. And nobody guarantees your life choices won't have consequences should you choose a lifestyle that is outside societal norms.

Quote:
It's really funny that you think this. Or sad. I'm not sure which, but I'll let you know.
It's either sad or funny that he thinks little girls and boys need fathers in their lives? You're about a decade and a half too late. That sort of radical feminist thinking that men don't matter in childrens' lives other than for financial support was debunked years ago.

Quote:
They estimate that 1 in 4 woman will be sexually assaulted at some point in their lives. 25% of the female population are not lesbians - more like 2-5%. Shoots that theory out of the water.
I read about that study. They arrived at that stat by asking college age women if they ever had a sexual encounter they later regretted. Anyone who said yes was counted as having been date raped/assaulted. It's completely bogus and does a disservice to people who genuinely are victimized.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,906,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
[b]I don't see anything homophobic in my post at all. Homosexuals have been hoping for decades that scientists will figure out if a "gay gene" exists and/or where in the human physiology it comes from. I merely replicated that stance, and no malice towards homosexuals was implied.
"I don't believe it's right or normal."

Telling someone the way they naturally feel is wrong and not normal is malicious in my book and again I ask. Why do you care?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:21 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,029,361 times
Quote:
"I don't believe it's right or normal."

Telling someone the way they naturally feel is wrong and not normal is malicious in my book and again I ask. Why do you care?
I believe the male and female anatomy explains quite clearly who is supposed to be doing what to each other. An appendage and an orifice. A male and a female. Procreation. The rest it outside of bounds.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,566,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The crap if at all will hit the fan with all the adoptions of children by gays IMO, that is where the action will be, not this.

As these children are followed in their life we are going to see how many compared to the past follow traditional lives and how many want to change their bodies, have mental problems or try and kill themselves as half the transgendered people attempt to do.
We know Chastity Bono was assaulted by a Lesbian as a child and we see what happened to her down the road.

Cause and effect IMO in most cases and the interesting study and science will be in the honest reporting of what happens to the children adopted by gays.
That IMO is where the action is in the future.

If there is a gay gene, would they take a DNA shot to repair themselves?

In any case, gays are mostly nice people (as long and they stay away from tolerance training in schools IMO, too many activists doing the wrong thing there for me to TOLERATE that).
They deserve the right to work and live mostly in peace.
Like I said, most are nice folks.
BUT, we are going to follow the adopted children and that is going to perhaps give the greatest view regarding gays effect on children and society at large.
I hope there is no change and everything stays good. We'll see!
thanks for letting me live 'mostly' in peace, i'm honored. i don't know what us 'gays' impact on society is, but i do know that we are a part of society and i don't understand how a sexual orientation could affect the raising of children.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:43 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,566,669 times
Quote:
I believe the male and female anatomy explains quite clearly who is supposed to be doing what to each other. An appendage and an orifice. A male and a female. Procreation. The rest it outside of bounds.
well, i guess you don't know the definition of a sexual orientation and know that it's not chosen. so apparently it's not out of bounds to God or Nature, since I exist.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:45 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,906,923 times
Quote:
Reproduction and sexual orientation are two different things. A gay man can impregnate a women without having sexual feelings for her right?

And you still haven't said why you care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies