Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 08:58 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times

Advertisements

VictoriaPunk, I think you need to get out more. Your characterization of Black american women is woefully inaccurate and only label a small portion of the black women born it this country.

You also haven't answered my previous question. Who is considered a pure black in America that hasn't had themselves or their parents get off the boat? about 90% of the Black people in this country are not pure and it shows.

Also, I'm curious, you said that your mother wasn't a good person? What happened?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 PM

191 posts, read 242,551 times
It doesn't matter what class of Black women that he is around. He's wrong for the fact that he thinks that he's superior to 'those kind of people'. If you have to go around stating that you are better than a certain class of people, then there's a problem within yourself.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
It's interesting that the big controversy is over the idea that he is not embracing his black side (not even true). Yet, there is never any controversy over mixed race people not identifying with their white heritage. Obama identifies as black even though he is half-white and raised by a white woman...I don't hear people ripping him to shreds because he's "ashamed" or neglectful of his white DNA. (they rip him to shreds for other reasons, but that's for another thread).

I've read some posts saying that it's only blacks who try to downplay their heritage. This is totally untrue, there are large numbers of white people who think their heritage is uncool, and try to play up any "ethnic" ancestry they have, even if it's 1/16th. Does that make y'all feel better?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:27 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
It's interesting that the big controversy is over the idea that he is not embracing his black side (not even true). Yet, there is never any controversy over mixed race people not identifying with their white heritage. Obama identifies as black even though he is half-white and raised by a white woman...I don't hear people ripping him to shreds because he's "ashamed" or neglectful of his white DNA. (they rip him to shreds for other reasons, but that's for another thread).

I've read some posts saying that it's only blacks who try to downplay their heritage. This is totally untrue, there are large numbers of white people who think their heritage is uncool, and try to play up any "ethnic" ancestry they have, even if it's 1/16th. Does that make y'all feel better?
Another person that doesn't understand what the real issue is. That's fine though.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Another person that doesn't understand what the real issue is. That's fine though.
If it's fine, why bother pointing it out?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Bc people deserve to know when they're oblivious. From there, it's in them to learn what they're oblivious about.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Bc people deserve to know when they're oblivious. From there, it's in them to learn what they're oblivious about.

I don't really care if VictorianPunk hates his black heritage or not...he says he doesn't so I'll take his word for it since this is an anonymous internet forum. Assuming VP is telling the truth, what specifically about my post is oblivious?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:44 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Uh, where is the anger? Who decided you were the thread watchman or thread-analyzer? Seriously? LOL "Diatribes" and "castigation?" LOL It's just a message board. Sounds like you are about to bust out a petri dish on us.

Dr. BruSan?
BruSan is right, and you and others are getting more hostile by the minute.

victorian's point has been made clear by the responses to his thread.

now would you please clarify what this is supposed to mean?
Quote:
Get out more ... I know so many Black women who would match well with Black men that have given up hope on finding a compatible Black woman.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:59 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
I don't really care if VictorianPunk hates his black heritage or not...he says he doesn't so I'll take his word for it since this is an anonymous internet forum. Assuming VP is telling the truth, what specifically about my post is oblivious?
Quick answer is american society can't tell the difference between mixed and light-skinned. there's a default assumption if you look the part. and when you look the part, but try to disown that part, everyone sees it for what it is.

Put it this way... You have some non-American side to you. what do you think if other Americans would think if you suddenly started taking with a scottish accent, wearing a kilt, and acting as un American as you could?

Old 04-13-2012, 10:10 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Because there is nothing wrong with bringing that to someone's attention because then MAYBE they will take it upon themselves to try to reread something and try to see why someone would say they aren't getting it.

It is also a way of saying, "You know what ... you might not be getting it ... but I'm not even stressing that."

So simple my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies