Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,783,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Your lost all credibility when you said blacks won't respect you when you speak proper English. Hang with your racist buddies who see you as son type of trophy black and move on. Do you, I don't think anyone cares.

You have the same mentality aa racist whites towards blacks.
I read some of your posts,and you soud racist towards blacks too,esp black women.
Some of you telling the OP about his blackness are married to white women.
Oh,the irony.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:27 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,558,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm confused about race.

Australian aboriginals and Papau New Guineans have black skin but are considered of the Caucasian race.
Yet,if they were to come to the Usa they would be treated as black.
That has never been true. I don't know where you got that from.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
I see a lot of Italian-Black intermarriage in Nj,and a lot of mixed race people of Italian- black heritage.
I see more Black female/Italian man couples more than the opposite though.
Italians in Nj don't seem to have mixed much with other Europeans. Its either Puerto Rican or black.
We had a discussion about this in the history section.
Italians in NJ, like others in NJ, have mixed with lots of people of many different ethnicities, be they European in origin or not. You can't go 10 feet in any direction without running into Italian-Irish people (such as Govs. Christie and Florio), for instance.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Yes you are right. I spent my high school years in the Bronx where there are huge multi-racial populations like Dominicans so many New Yorkers have already come to terms with this class of people but I suppose there are some who haven't. Much of the rest of America will need to realize census categories have already taken note of the existence of multi-racial America and at some point they'll have to stop pretending that black comes in all colors.
Simply hilarious.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:47 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,398,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The white posters have an ulterior motive. If you think for a minute that white people give a damn about black racial identity, you're fooling yourself. As a practical matter, white folks don't even give it a thought. If the OP were to commit a crime, these same white posters would paint him as black as a tire if it came down to it....just like they did O.J.

For purposes of this thread, backing the OP is a chance for the white posters (who happen to be nearly ALL conservatives) to do what they see as poking black folks in the eye. Telling the OP that he doesn't have to be solely black dilutes whatever smidgen of black political power or unity that they THINK exists. Now they aren't poking me, because i don't give a damn about the issue for the most part. People can be whatever they want to be as far as i'm concerned. That's why i opened with my comments about my feelings that the OP was just seeking attention.

As far as i'm concerned, whites don't even get a say so in these matters where it involves black people. As i've pointed out, they've already screwed up the whole racial dynamic and are completely responsible for things being what they are already relative to race and racial identification and classification.

Besides, even if i was looking for backup by whitefolks to bolster my argument and my own idea of self identification, i'd still have to turn off my computer eventually and deal with black people on my own terms if i'm the OP....and white folks are powerless to help him in that situation. Completely powerless. So all that backup is a waste of time anyway.
Here you go again; presuming to define whatever reasons white posters might have in posting on this thread as negative and 'ulterior motivated' in nature. "Backing" (as you so "high-schoolishly" put it) the O/P has nothing whatsoever to do with poking a stick in your eye but everything to do with identifying ALL kinds of racial disparity so it can be dealt with in a compassionate and understanding manner rather than this stupid "it's us or them" mantra preached by the hatemongers among you.

Here's a comment for you to really get your teeth into; while whites in the U.S. may have screwed you folks up in a big way; they've had less and less affect on your progress as the years have gone by. The folks who are doing you injustice and defining your future on your behalf in a very negative way today are your own brethren. Your narrow focus on a colour barrier does you more harm than good.

Even you must acknowledge there are "good" honky's out there who just want to see us ALL prosper TOGETHER. It cannot work any other way unless you're prepared to eliminate one entire race of beings to pave the way for your type of "we are all powerful" utopia.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:39 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,461,789 times
Oy. Just a couple of things.
First the "black" people or "African Americans" in this country are basically a mixed race. That really isn't an arguable point.
Second, I wonder what is really going on in the mind of the OP when he attributes negative stereotypes that he has found in his hood to the masses of the "black" people in this country.

1) Your educated "black" folk are still most likely to be democrats or independents like myself. They are not going to look at you and think that if you speak "proper" that you shouldn't be respected.

2) We are all mixed, some more than others. Personally, I would have preferred if we were all just call American. I'm "black" and? If I was in Brazil I'd be Pardo. If I was in South Africa I'd be called Coloured or whatever. If I went to the middle east, I would blend in just fine if I keep my hair short lol. My family comes in all colors because we have more than just African blood running through us. Hell, my son is lighter than me and my wife is as dark as they come. Big whoop, who should care? Maybe instead of focusing on race so much, maybe you should focus on race not meaning so much...

Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,126,441 times
That is some video Hitler would have been proud if it was anti-everything with the exception of white Germans. I was around when the original Black Panthers, the Weathermen and the Mason Family were oh so busy causing violent reactions to anything and everything. Manson's murderous rampage was to incite a race war. If anyone thinks that change will come about with violence it has already been proven that it doesn't. The greatest change was achieved by Martin Luther King and his followers by taking a non-violent approach to integration
Don't think I'm blind to the injustice of what happened in Florida. Zimmerman should have been arrested that very night. It would best if we all pray for justice and a peaceful resolution.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 AM

2,441 posts, read 3,420,397 times
Im not sure I get it either. Are you hereby proclaiming the advantages of not being black? As everyone black or white, is not already aware? What a blessing that you actually get to choose. And you're wailing as if you dont? How about you just consider yourself fortunate, shut up and enjoy your new life?

Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,054,673 times
Quote:
I really don't get why Desertdetroiter is debating with you about not wanting to be called black only. His wife is white and his child is biracial. I don't understand that poster.
My being here isn't solely for the purpose of being understood by you.

My wife and son aren't a part of this discussion...nor are they relevant to it.

Moreover, i didn't debate with the OP about wanting to be called black only. If you can find where i did, post it.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,778,685 times
Quote:
I read some of your posts,and you soud racist towards blacks too,esp black women.
Some of you telling the OP about his blackness are married to white women.
Oh,the irony.
No irony here and I don't know where this black women hate came front. People have opinions but when you generalize a group of people as all the same that's what u consider racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies