Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 02:47 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Wait a minute! You telling ME about a plantation?

Here I am enjoying life in beautiful sunny southern Arizona, and some dude from a dump that he wants to leave but can't afford to is giving ME advice? Really?

When you can GTH out of a dump like PG County, then talk to me about "plantations." You don't even know what the sun looks like....when have you last seen it?
You've got NOTHING to say to me.

LMAO...please. Go play somewhere....I'm busy.
So you're calling the most affluent majority black county a dump. Where's your black pride?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:48 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I feel sorry for you, for real. I want to think that this is a joke thread, but I know that it probably isn't because I've met Black people like you (whoops, sorry, I called you "Black").

You are just like all the rest of them: you are WEAK and you have fallen victim to society's pressure on you because of our race-related issues.

I'm Black and I have been all over the world, I DO speak Italian, I love my BLACK family, I am part-Native and European as well. But you know what, I don't need to deny the fact that I'm Black or try to distance myself from the reality that I am majority-Black. You and people like you do. I don't need to go around trying to make myself the "Unique Negro." You and people like yourself do. I know that I don't have to impress people with the fact that I am Black and don't match the stereotypes, I'm just happy with who I am.

You know, I've heard people say, "You can't change being Black, you are always going to be Black in other people's eyes." I never liked that because it made it seem like someone else's opinion about who people are matters. But, I kind of agree with that theory. You can try to be "less" Black, but you are always gonna be Black whether you like it or not.

That's the funny and joyous thing about Black people who are ashamed of being Black. It is comical and funny to know that all the way to their deathbed, they are going to have those moments in life when the rest of society and events in daily life remind them that they are indeed Black and no matter how much they try to avoid it, they can't escape that.

There's a psychology in that. People like yourself are trapped and you are torturing yourself with these desires to be something other than what you are. Congratulations.

It would do the world and the great nation of the United States of America good if Black people knew more about their blood, their history and their ancestors so that they could be proud instead of so afraid, bitter and confused on being Black.

By the way, I consider myself a pretty nice person, I don't seek to argue with people, but if I was out and about and heard you talking like you say you talk, then as a Black person I would look at you pretty crazy as well. There is a reason why those Black people have approached you like that or looked at you in such ways: because they are the real ones and you are the fake one. Real recognizes real and you aren't real. You probably sound like nonsense when you spew such things with your friends in public. Did you ever think that YOU are the problem and not the Black people that are staring at you or calling you out? You are the Black person that always goes out with non-Black friends and because you think you are not Black, you think that you can share your non-Black ideologies about Black people and being Black with your non-Black friends. I have seen this happen SO many times and it is always hilarious. I know White people who have Black friends like that and the White people are my friends, so they share with me just how WEIRD, CONFUSED and CRAZY their Black friend sounds when talking about being Black. They laugh at the Black person that does that ... you know why? Because people really don't give a damn about your Black confusion. They don't accept you more just because you have denounced being Black. When Black people such as yourself realize that your efforts really don't make much difference, the better you and everyone else will be. It doesn't make a difference what music you choose to listen to or whether you decide to only date Blond white women. They don't care because like I said above, you are still Black.

The problem isn't that you want to "learn Italian." You're dumb for even thinking that someone would be rude to you because you want to learn Italian. You need to start being honest with yourself about what is really going on when you say you want to learn Italian. That's not all that people are noticing. They are also hearing the other things you say. It's very stupid for you to even try to say that people don't like you because you are Black and want to learn Italian. You are reaching too far with that one.

Also, you are not in South Africa, so stop trying to use that as an excuse.

You also say, "Once they FIND OUT that I am mixed." No one should have to "find out" that you are mixed. Do you go around proclaiming that you are mixed? Sounds to me like you are one of those color struck Black people. I met a young man yesterday who has a Mexican father. He says to me, "Yeah, I don't look it, huh?" He didn't seem to upset with that. He just was himself. He didn't need to remind people that he was "mixed" with something to make himself "special." So many Black people try to do this and you sound like one of them. If people don't know you are mixed just by looking at you then oh well, boo hoo, deal with it. You don't have to help them in finding that out about you. Which is even more reason why it is ignorant for you to try to deny being Black. If people can't tell that you are mixed or don't care enough to notice then what makes you think your denial of being Black is gonna work?

Black people in general love Jimi Hendrix and are proud to know that one of the most well-known rockers and legendary guitarists was considered Black. Everyone views Jimi Hendrix as a Black man and Black people don't isolate him because he rocked out. No, they are proud of that.
Blah blah he can define himself as he pleases why are you so threatened by that? He wants nothing to do with you people and for good reason. Leave him alone.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:52 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
DNA is not imagination, it is a science. I am 50% Italian, about 8% Native American and 5% English. So, I am only 42% sub Saharan African. Obama is also 50% white. Hence, neither of us are black.
Plus, how many black people grew up surrounded by Italian family and know something about Italian culture?

Point is black people can be just as racist as whites, if not more so. But they get a pass...why?
Boy, you probably got the calculator out for your DNA break-down didn't you? Don't you realize how sadly obssesed you are with your racial makeup? It's not healthy bro'. You want to know what is funny about us as Black people being obsessed about trying to prove how little Black we have in us? The funny thing is that you don't see any other race or group of people doing this? You know why? Because we have been so fed with bull about who we are and our history that we find anyway to hide from it. You are a victim to that, don't be. It's so sad man and you are making it worse by contributing to the list of victims.

Someone needs to start a group called "Stop Self-Hate" or something. Also, what makes you think that Obama's mother was completely white? You say he is 50% white. I'm going to assume his father was 100% African, but do we know that?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Blah blah he can define himself as he pleases why are you so threatened by that? He wants nothing to do with you people and for good reason. Leave him alone.
Who said I was threatened? Maybe you are threatened by my post? Why respond? Don't be so typical. I would say that I am amused, not threatened.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So you're calling the most affluent majority black county a dump. Where's your black pride?
Ooooh! So now for the sake of THIS argument, its "affluent" (as if I didnt know that), but every other time you post about it, its a horrible place by your own admission, and you want to leave when you can! But if I go along with your own sentiments, then I have no black pride ( as if you're qualified to admonish me on that issue).

Give it a rest. Again, when you've got the balls to improve your own lot, then you can tell me about plantations. Until then....

Old 04-12-2012, 02:56 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
people are always trying to put black
people in some sort of negative
category on this stupid site.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:58 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Maybe you should pull your head from the sand which it is currently buried.

Remember Bill cosby and the way he was treated when he spoke the truth?

Why are inner city drug crime and gang issues never adressed by the Dems?

Why is ebonics being recognized as the correct way of speaking by some school districts?

If you think everything is fine and dandy with the direction of black america then you are no better than any kkk member back in the day because you look the other way and are oblivious to the truth

You should either educate yourself or get involved in your community directly so you don't appear ignorant
LOL...please

There was an uproar from a certain group of blacks at Bill Cosby's words. They were the folks he was complaining about...no surprise there. The truth hurts for most folks. Not my problem...I had no problem with what he said.

I don't know why drug crime isn't not addressed. I think the best way to do this is to legalize drugs. What are your suggestions?

I don't know of any school districts that accept ebonics as an acceptable form of language. I know there was once a push for it, but it was abandoned and rightly so. FWIW, I have no problem with ebonics because I see it as a form of dialect from our ancestors. I also don't have a problem with patois...do you?

Don't recall saying anything about anything being "fine and dandy". Get over yourself.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
you are still black because you don't know how to use paragraphs.
lol

Old 04-12-2012, 02:59 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's because you are the bold above. So you are certified as an "official" black person. So I don't know why you are making a big deal about not being a UT.
Oh...so your political party is checked before you're called an UT? Ahhh..gotcha.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:04 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
blacks will never be white and whites will
never be black, so blacks will always have
a black accent.
imagine if all whites had to speak totally
african. it would be impossible. see the
double standard here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies