Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 01:14 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
Maybe it's because she personally identifies herself as being Black??

And if she identified as white, how would she be received?

Quote:
I think we all know what the problem is,but I hope that at some point that you will come to a realization. The realization is this- just because you read 500 word books on the regular, that doesn't make you better than anybody else. People have said that you need to expose yourself to a different group of Black people,but that's besides the point. If you're going around thinking that a certain group of people are beneath you and you feel the need to express that the way that you have,then there must be something within yourself that needs to be worked out. People can sense that type of attitude and that's the main reason Blacks don't take to you(allegedly), not because you're mixed.

I do believe I am superior to ghetto trash and trailer trash. I never said I was superior to black people, only that MODERN BLACK AMERICAN CULTURE is disgusting and I want no part of it. I love Africans and have some Ethiopian friends...and guess what? They can't stand American black culture either.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:17 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

So, if you are living in an upscale, affluent area of Seattle then you should not even have a reason to be concerned with "ghetto" Black people. The residual anger regarding name-calling from your childhood just does not add up to the vitriol being spewed by you today.
Because, again, black Americans have a tendency to revert to ghettodom least they stop being "authentically black." Even in adulthood they still think they have to embrace that vile culture least they stop being true to themselves. I see it here in Seattle too, but there are less American blacks so it's not as bad.

Quote:
So, here's a little Black (Grace Bumbry)/Italian cultural expression (opera) to help calm your nerves...

Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix (Samson et Dalila) - Grace Bumbry - YouTube

I have nothing against blacks, as in people of African origin or Afro-Italians. I am simply opposed to the modern black American culture. I am not racist...but I am culturist as one can be and I am unashamed to admit as such.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:56 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
After reading this, all I can really recommend the OP to do is move somewhere where the black culture isn't "ghetto minded" and where the whites don't equate blacks with ghettoness. Even though the OP comes off as emotional, many of the black respondents (who are probably from militant black communities and have been the beneficiaries of the current pitiful state of the black culture) are giving equally narrow-minded replies, using the "it's how the black culture be" rationalization hamster to justify the hatred victorianpunk has received. This is the dangers of a mob mentality in that no matters who's right in the world of reason, the mob has the final say. Not to say that the OP is completely right in thinking all blacks are like the ones he/she interacts with daily.

Only thing I can recommend is that if the OP is in school, get a degree that is marketable to ANYWHERE in this country (Pre-Med, accounting, and especially STEM degrees), and then make your plans to get the Hell out of Dodge.
I think victorianpunk did that; he's from Jersey but is now in the Seattle area.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Well the KKK exists in every part of the country!
Yeah. The KKK is everywhere and very weak but MOST Blacks are killed by other Blacks, not by anglos or even Hispanics.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
But the vitrol, unfounded hate pure blacks have for mixed race people who have black in them is perfectly okay?

Press release: Outright discrimination against Coloured community nothing new

Kanye West: mixed race women are “mutts” and exist solely for music videos | Racialicious - the intersection of race and pop culture

Thank you for letting us all know where you stand...
Uh; what happens in South Africa ain't the same as the US. Remember whites are the majority here but SA it's dark skin Blacks.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:05 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
Quote:
After reading this, all I can really recommend the OP to do is move somewhere where the black culture isn't "ghetto minded" and where the whites don't equate blacks with ghettoness. Even though the OP comes off as emotional, many of the black respondents (who are probably from militant black communities and have been the beneficiaries of the current pitiful state of the black culture) are giving equally narrow-minded replies, using the "it's how the black culture be" rationalization hamster to justify the hatred victorianpunk has received. This is the dangers of a mob mentality in that no matters who's right in the world of reason, the mob has the final say. Not to say that the OP is completely right in thinking all blacks are like the ones he/she interacts with daily.

Only thing I can recommend is that if the OP is in school, get a degree that is marketable to ANYWHERE in this country (Pre-Med, accounting, and especially STEM degrees), and then make your plans to get the Hell out of Dodge.

where they do that at? Do these same whites your speaking of realise and know there are whites who are also ghetto/poor. Or is ghetto reserved for non whites only nowadays?

You have a mob mentality yourself, GTFOH

Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Well if you're in Seattle, then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU COMPLAINING! It should be damn easy to avoid the (few) ghetto blacks that live there, and break into circles with Whites, Latinos, and Asians due to how Seattle is one of the most racially integrated cities in America, as well as non-stereotypical blacks who have their heads straight (ask many black transplants the REAL reason why they moved to Seattle).

Man I wish I was in Seattle! You may have some ghetto fools who think they "run da block" but in reality, they barely run jack ship! Try living in cities where ghetto blacks have social control (Detroit, Newark, Camden, etc.) or even worse, cities where bourgie blacks with a bit of money act ghetto (Atlanta and DC).

I'd wish some ghetto fool in Seattle would try that "you ain't black enough" line on me! I'd tell him straight up "Get out of my damn face and take your walking minstrel ass Hoodlanta or DC somewhere before I go UFC on your, brah" while wearing my Affliction T and playing Motley Crue! And if they try to jum you, call on your White, Asian, Latino, and non-ghetto black friends to get your back while sending them a message.

You may have been in Jersey (according to the vid you linked), but now that you're out of that craphole, time to let go of the anger for your own sake.
I couldn't rep you again but bravo! I see where victorianpunk come from tho. Maybe cause he a dude and "Black" women face less racism from whites, I don't know.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
And if she identified as white, how would she be received?

I do believe I am superior to ghetto trash and trailer trash. I never said I was superior to black people, only that MODERN BLACK AMERICAN CULTURE is disgusting and I want no part of it. I love Africans and have some Ethiopian friends...and guess what? They can't stand American black culture either.
what is this ghetto black american culture your speaking of? The entertainment? Please explain!!

You know its even more funny when any Africans say they cant stand American black culture..i mean we can say the same thing about what they do over there with no end SERIOUSLY LMAO so do you or them really want to go there. Your not black american your not black/white- american, your not white, your not american so really why do you even care. MOVE ALONG

Last edited by city414; 04-29-2012 at 10:33 AM..

Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
The cool thing about being an adult is that you can be and/or do whatever you want. Ignore those idiots, white, black, italian. Surround yourself with people of your choice.

Finally, regarding the confrontation in the bar. In the future, I would not try seek any valuable information from a bar or even try to understand a comment in a bar. Did you honestly think that an intelligent comment would come out of a bar??? Your smarter than that!

Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I suppose you have data to back up this statement.

Quite funny that person don't think she or he is racist, and clearly is and the even funny part he or she isn't American and how she/he became an scholar on american culture or black american culture in general is laughable to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies