Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 PM

60 posts, read 44,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Huh? The whole point of Law Reviews is to publish and distribute those editions so the legal community or anyone else can read them.

If you want to read the Harvard Law Reviews for the years when Obama was editor, please take a trip to any law school library near you. They are sure to have the editions that you want. Or, you can order them below:

Harvard Law Review

Harvard Law Review: Past Issues

As for paying to keep his academic records private... what is there to pay? Release of academic records by default requires the permission of the student. Hell I can't get my kids records and I'm paying the tuition. It is federal law.
His articles are not released nor can you get them to review. Why is that?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,693,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Knowing that he graduated magna c um laude from Harvard AND was the editor of the Harvard Law Review doesn't tell you enough?

Also, after two separate releases of his birth certificate, the birther trolls haven't gone away, even though they got what they wanted. I see no reason he'd want to feed the trollage any further.

PS - there's nothing wrong with wanting. You just have to realize that you are not entitled to other people's private documents, and you likely will not get what you want in this instance.
Who claimed anyone was entitled to anything? It is simply curious that he is spending such a large amount of money keeping something secret that in all probability should be an asset. It makes no sense.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:07 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,259,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I seem to remember the MSM tripping over themselves trying to dig up information about Bush. Every year of his life examined. Even to make up phony letters. The Obama past, ahhh no big deal. They don't care. They're not interested.
Bush is not the president. We can't talk about him or compare him to Obama. That's what the RWNJs said at 12:05 PM Jan. 20, 2009.

Obama does not have to spend one cent to keep his Harvard transcripts from being released. They are protected by the same privacy laws as everyone else's. Of course, the majority of the Obama haters who post here on CD have not even gone to college so it seems. One recently referred to a transcript as a "report card".

Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 PM

60 posts, read 44,492 times
Quote:
Knowing that he graduated magna c um laude from Harvard AND was the editor of the Harvard Law Review doesn't tell you enough?

No it is not. Just by saying something like 'look the man graduated and that should be all you need to know' is not good enough. Wouldn't you want to read the articles he did to get a mindset of his thinking and know specifically what his grades were? We all saw Bush Gore and Kerry's grades and the media sure made a issue out of it. We got to see what subjects they excelled and didn't excel in.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:18 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,577,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Why is insane to want to know the academic record of the President? More importantly, why the desire to hide the academic record?
If his transcript was good enough for the University of Chicago to hire him as a professor, then it's good enough for me.

He isn't hiding them. They are private by nature. Has every college-attending president released all of his academic records?

The fact is is that he was already elected once without releasing them, so obviously it didn't make a difference one way or another.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,245,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Who claimed anyone was entitled to anything? It is simply curious that he is spending such a large amount of money keeping something secret that in all probability should be an asset. It makes no sense.
He doesn't have to spend a penny to protect those records; federal law protects his same as it protects yours and mine.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:21 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,577,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Party Ted View Post
No it is not. Just by saying something like 'look the man graduated and that should be all you need to know' is not good enough. Wouldn't you want to read the articles he did to get a mindset of his thinking and know specifically what his grades were? We all saw Bush Gore and Kerry's grades and the media sure made a issue out of it. We got to see what subjects they excelled and didn't excel in.
What articles did he supposedly write? He was the editor. Editorship is different from authorship.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
If his transcript was good enough for the University of Chicago to hire him as a professor, then it's good enough for me.

He isn't hiding them. They are private by nature. Has every college-attending president released all of his academic records?

The fact is is that he was already elected once without releasing them, so obviously it didn't make a difference one way or another.
I never claimed it made a difference, I only made the observation that it is curious. You would think it woud be something to boast about, not hide.

You can't be President and private at the same time

Old 04-12-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
He doesn't have to spend a penny to protect those records; federal law protects his same as it protects yours and mine.
Kerry's and Bush's were made public. Why isn't he throwing it out there? Presumably it would be a positive.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:27 PM

58,545 posts, read 26,845,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It probably shows he was a sub par student of radical leftist leanings. Basically nothing we already didn't know. Nothing to see here folks.
There is nothing to see because he won't release anything so we can see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies