Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 01:01 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Does this make Romney ten times the hypocrite?
I don't know as he's not calling for all these buffet tax hikes like the orator is. If you want to talk about romney's taxes start a thread about it. This one is about the hypocrite in chief lying to all you swooners and watching you defend him. Oh and laughing at your usual "well everybody else does it" excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 01:02 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,077,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The Koch brothers give a very high amount to charity every year but they get no credit from lefties for so doing, although they probably do it for the same reason, to lower their income taxes. I am proud of people who give to charities even though most of it is to lower income taxes.
Have no problem w/anyone taking the deduction on their taxes if they're giving to charity. Both the charities (and by addition the people they help) and the individuals gain from the act(s).

Old 04-13-2012, 01:04 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
But it is about "fairness" and what is "fair." Obama is running on it. Cripes, the democrat senator from my home state of Missouri, Claire McCaskill, just went on a "fairness tour".

It's their issue, we should be entitled to explore what is "fair."

Is it fair that the Obamas, with income approaching $1 million, use federal tax subsidies to lower their effective tax rate to 20.5%?
Yes because that's the tax law. Until it changes what he and Romney did are fair.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
And yet you seem to forget every single speech/comment/event he's made saying the tax rates should be higher, INCLUDING HIS.

Nope. I am just wanting to see him lead us in the direction he wants us to go.

Lead is the operative word here.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The Koch brothers give a very high amount to charity every year but they get no credit from lefties for so doing, although they probably do it for the same reason, to lower their income taxes. I am proud of people who give to charities even though most of it is to lower income taxes.
Who cares about the Koch Brothers? What do they have to do with Romney or Obama other than they donate money? How is this relevant to the conversation? Are we now supposed to check on all donators to both campaigns?

Old 04-13-2012, 01:06 PM

7,443 posts, read 6,989,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
And yet you seem to forget every single speech/comment/event he's made saying the tax rates should be higher, INCLUDING HIS.

He could have made his rate higher now by not taking all of his deductions.

Obama Family Tax Shelter | Washington Free Beacon

Old 04-13-2012, 01:07 PM

9,134 posts, read 5,783,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Michelle 'African queen' Obama should pay an extra tax for making people look at her grotesque baboon-like face and tolerate her disgusting racism and hatred of America

Rep if u agree, I will rep u back if u leave your screen name in the rep comment

What the hell is wrong with you?

Old 04-13-2012, 01:08 PM

7,443 posts, read 6,989,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Yes because that's the tax law. Until it changes what he and Romney did are fair.
Good, I hope everyone is just as consistent, including Obama and his fellow democrats, who are making "fairness" a centerpiece of their campaign this fall.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Good, I hope everyone is just as consistent, including Obama and his fellow democrats, who are making "fairness" a centerpiece of their campaign this fall.
I though the GOP liked "fair"?

Old 04-13-2012, 01:15 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times
Quote:
LOL. Romney will be made into the most evil rich person to ever walk earth before the left and their spin masters get done with him. Obama will be made out to be a peasant barely getting along on his meager presidential salary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies