Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 04:51 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times

Advertisements

My son told me that a kid at school told him that his father lied about his income just so he can get free lunch. The kid is not black or Mexican...some people are so fixated and obsessed with every dollar of some social program that a minority gets when the majority of the money does not go to minorities. Based on all these stories abuot how some black or Mexican woman is buying lobsters with food stamps and driving away in a luxury vehicle, you'd think there are no white people on public aid or gaming the system, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:56 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
If I were her, I'd be on the phone to the police station, making a report against the bigoted stalker who went out of their way to follow me to my car.

You've got some nerve. It's very hard not to be sensitive by this government waste when you live in so calif. All around, there are immigrants (legal & illegal) that take advantage of our generous system while we must pay for everything that we need plus theirs.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:00 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmarsam View Post
I also think that it is so easy to judge but have you ever thought of how it might be for her. She has to struggle to get food for her kids. She may have trouble speaking the language because there are people who judge her instead of trying to help her learn the language. No one is born knowing every language of the world. Have you ever thought how it could be living in a foreign country, not knowing the language very well, and having to take care of her children. Probably not. But i can tell from my own personal experience that it is hard HARD. so stop judging. if you are not willing to help her leave her alone. you don't know her so you don't really know where the car came from.
Why would a foreinger move here and have to go on food stamps and welfare to survive? That makes them a burden to our country. Shouldn't they at least have a working knowledge of English and be able to take care of themselves to come here? It is just a fact that many of these foreigners collecting food stamps and welfare are illegal aliens and they are geting these welfare benefits through their anchor kids. I know many legal immigrants that have been here for over 20 years and still can't or won't speak our language. Are these the kinds of immigrants that we need?

Old 05-26-2012, 12:47 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
You've got some nerve. It's very hard not to be sensitive by this government waste when you live in so calif. All around, there are immigrants (legal & illegal) that take advantage of our generous system while we must pay for everything that we need plus theirs.
Once again let me point out handicapped parking spots are right in front of the store's door. No need for stalking, just walking out of the store and there she is. And if the local P.D. is called I will show them my badge and we will have a good laugh.
I am not referring to you wehotex but rather the person you responded to.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-22-2012 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmarsam View Post
I also think that it is so easy to judge but have you ever thought of how it might be for her. She has to struggle to get food for her kids. She may have trouble speaking the language because there are people who judge her instead of trying to help her learn the language. No one is born knowing every language of the world. Have you ever thought how it could be living in a foreign country, not knowing the language very well, and having to take care of her children. Probably not. But i can tell from my own personal experience that it is hard HARD. so stop judging. if you are not willing to help her leave her alone. you don't know her so you don't really know where the car came from.
First of all, why would she come to a country if she can't learn the language? Is she so stupid that she didn't realize the USA is an English speaking nation?

Second, why is she having kids if she can't afford them? And where the hell are the fathers of these kids? Why isn't he at least supporting them?

Of course it is hard but it's not very hard. Come here, refuse to ever learn the language, have children you cannot afford, not here nor even back home and you can expect a free pass around the immigration laws and just about every kind of welfare handout we provide. Why should it be easy?

T

Old 05-26-2012, 10:24 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,492 times
There are too many unknowns. You are jumping to conclusions. What people buy or how they pay is none of your business. If you want to talk about people "gaming the system" in general or have some evidence about a specific case then that is fine. Lastly her enthicnity is not relevant to the story otehr than to say "damn that *insert minority group here*".

Old 06-22-2012, 02:55 PM

39 posts, read 74,272 times
Default Agree with OP!

Yeah, Gizmo, that's the B***H of it all. THEY DONT HAVE TO BE CITIZENS!!Go home, and let your own government take care of you! And as far as all of the exec's benefitting off of government bailouts, y'all will have to ask you Uncle Obama about that.............
Urban legend??? No, sir. i see that every day. Latest cell phone, nails done, jewels to beat the band, late model vehicle,and 3 rugrats under the age of 6. Why should I pay for their kids????? Why do we reward people for having children that cant afford to take care of them? I liked Silber's ideas on all of this. Anyone remember him?
Before the LBJ "great society" , the family, the church and the neighborhoods took care of their own. Before government replaced all of that. And, it was SHAMEFUL to have a child out of wedlock, not a badge of honor. As it should be.
WIC, food stamps, free insurance, housing, all a lifestyle, not a hand up till you can get on your feet, like it was originally intended................

Old 06-22-2012, 05:05 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
That's your opinion, to which you are entitled. I stand by my opinion stated in my post (which was repped 35 times). It's one thing to be outraged. It's quite another to assume fraud based on bias and unfounded speculation.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:28 PM

39 posts, read 74,272 times
Oh, no, Rayne.
Here in Massachusetts, this was about 10 years ago, if you owned a car worth more than $2500, you were ineligible for welfare. If the woman owns this car, she should sell it, and get one more within her means. If she is going to take from the state, er, US, in fact, she should be accountable to the state's rules. Rules like that should be in place. If she is making payments on said vehicle, well, that just shouldnt be. She should be using the money to care for the babies she created at OUR expense. It's not a right, to have other people care for your own dependents.
That being said, the car is probably owned by the baby's daddy, who lives at the welfare apartment she and kids live in, while he supplements all their freebies, at his whim. Like I said, it's a LIFESTYLE. You can not refute statistics!!!
Get a grip. This was not how our founders intended this country to function. Do a little reading, please!!

P.S. Spain is broke.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:42 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,116 times
Ok here is another example of abuse of the system. Today on our local channel K-Cal 9 they did a piece on handicap placard abuse. The DMV along with the L.A.P.D. conducted an operation on several areas with parking meters. People with handicapped placards do not need to pay for parking.
Out of 15 people they checked 13 were bogus and cited for a $1,000.00 fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies