Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 02:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Its hard for me to see anyone liking Obama more compared to 2008... the only exception are die-hard liberals like some of the people on this forum... its obvious to everyone that Obama has taken a plunge since 2008 in every group of Americans... the media can spin it any way they want, the truth is obvious... however, with that said, I still think he has a good margin to win 2012 elections...
So you don't think that the only stupid people in the nation are those lefties who write here? There are plenty more who have been bought out by Obama entitlements so I guess you may be right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 02:57 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
The military is far more conservative then the overall population so I’m not surprised about these results. And this doesn’t reflect anything serious just the natural partisan split in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
It was in a March 26 article called “Anti-Obama Marines that the paper reported, “Stein is not alone in his disdain for the president. Published in early March, the most recent Military Times survey of active-duty service members shows the lowest approval ratings for Obama’s job as commander in chief since he took office in 2009: 25 percent, down from 35 after Obama’s first year on the job. And rank-and-file Marines are hearing considerably more anti-Obama talk on the job than they noticed in the past.”

How about them Marines - smart people 4 sure!

Old 04-15-2012, 06:26 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So you don't think that the only stupid people in the nation are those lefties who write here? There are plenty more who have been bought out by Obama entitlements so I guess you may be right.
And with you, evil and those of your ilk posting here we all know that the lefties have no monopoly on stupid.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:45 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
This is joke but here goes!
I would want a Marine in the battlefield.
I would want a Marine in bed!
But I certainly wouldn't want one in the White House!

Old 04-15-2012, 08:40 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,500 times
Certainly are different, the US military encouraged to take a full part in politics including criticising their head of state.
If I had criticised my head of state I would have been in the glasshouse.

Interesting situation though, would some conservatives be in favour of a military coup and a junta government ?

Old 04-16-2012, 01:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Its not just the enlisted. The majority of top ranking officers in all branches have the same opinions of Obama and rightly so. When the majority of our military has no confidence in the Commander In Chief and they start showing disrespect ... we have a Presidential crisis. This is unpresidneted ... even worse than when President Carter was in charge. This speaks volumes about Obama.
....and yet they haven't resigned their commissions, have they?

I don't give a damn what the top officers think. If they don't like it, then resign. But they're not doing that, so i must assume that they like their jobs and nice fat government benefits.

So again, i have no sympathy for their views. They can vote just like everyone else. Why weren't they b*tching when Bush was simultaneously losing Iraq and Afghanistan and doing so in a horrible fashion? (actually...many were i'm sure)

But the Military's opinion of Obama carries no more weight than anyone else's opinion.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:50 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,194 times
The armed services exist to protect democracy, not practice it! You do what you are ordered to do or face the consequences.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:55 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Marines, great warriors but not real bright mostly. Politics are way over their heads.

My old man was a Marine, but I guess maybe it was his generation but no matter who was the president he would never say a bad word about them. He also raised his flag every day and took it down at night.

Veteran of Guadacanal, Peleliu, Bouganville and Okinawa. He died at 88 years old and buried with honors with a thank you from the POTUS, and that was Barack Obama.
Great way to insult the people who protect our country. So because you disagree with them, then they're stupid?

Old 04-16-2012, 02:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That's your right as a citizen, but Marines are serving at the behest of the Commander in Chief. So they should shut the hell up until they are discharged IMO.
Hmmmmmm shut up while I ask you to die for me?????????
marines earned the right to gripe provided they do it correctly.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:04 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
It was in a March 26 article called “Anti-Obama Marines that the paper reported, “Stein is not alone in his disdain for the president. Published in early March, the most recent Military Times survey of active-duty service members shows the lowest approval ratings for Obama’s job as commander in chief since he took office in 2009: 25 percent, down from 35 after Obama’s first year on the job. And rank-and-file Marines are hearing considerably more anti-Obama talk on the job than they noticed in the past.”

How about them Marines - smart people 4 sure!
Maybe they're still pissed about the repeal of don't ask don't tell. I don't the guys in the infantry want to go to war with a bunch of daffodils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies