Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 PM

31,955 posts, read 14,961,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You could say the same about the scientists who support the non-existent human global warming.

For them, it's just a job. If the money gets cut-off, then they don't have jobs, so they'll say anything to drag this out as long as possible and milk the cash cow.

Politically...

Mircea

I don't know. Why don't you organize Jump Day and we'll find out?

At a certain time of day, have everyone on Earth stop what they're doing and jump. Maybe it will cause a tsunami or an earthquake.

While I abhor litter, I fail to see how a Styrofoam cup lying on the ground causes glaciers to allegedly melt.

The topic is global warming and whether it is caused by humans, not environmental pollution.

Whether or not our globe is warming is irrelevant, and really none of your business, since you cannot control it, and humans have no impact.

Might I remind you that we are in an Inter-Glacial Period. Accordingly, I would expect it to warm up (especially as the Earth is closer to the Sun now than ever before in recorded history).

Reminding...

Mircea

For the record, exactly how many Inter-Glacial Periods have you witnessed or experienced?

See this....

[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i134/ningishiddza/Glaciers.gif[img]

....that is your Earth, 99.99% of the time.

The other 0.01% of the time it is like it is now.

Anytime your ready for 6 Billion people to freeze and starve to death, just give the word.

I also get the impression you are not familiar with Eccentricity. Here's a nice example:

Earth does not orbit the Sun in a perfectly circular orbit.

Earth is more or less "anchored" at a fixed distance from the Sun on its pseudo-apogee but the pseudo perigee is not a fixed point -- the Earth moves to and fro across a period of about 100,000 years.

And right now, the Earth is about to reach maximum perigee (between December 2012 and January 2013). Once that happens, Earth will begin moving farther away from the Sun and the Earth will very soon (in geologic terms -- not human terms) return to an Ice Age.

Here's a more exaggerated depiction:

Imagine Earth's pseudo-perigee moving between where Mercury is and where Earth is. Like I said, it's exaggerated, but it illustrates the point, namely that when you are closer to a source of heat...

...you get really warm.

And then there's the North Magnetic Pole which is moving about like a mole.

I won't even get into that, because half of it would go over your head and the other half would go way, way over your head.

Suffice to say that UV particles, protons, neutrons, gammas and X-rays are shunted at the North Magnetic Pole and that in part drives weather patterns on Earth.

Since the magnetic pole has moved, guess what?

Those UV particles, protons, neutrons, gammas and X-rays are being shunted to a different location than they were previously.

For all of you who wanted to know the $64,000 Question and why Tornadoes are appearing in places they never appeared before...

.....now you know why.

Scientifically...

Mircea

Why are you so defensive. Some of us believe we are destroying the earth with all the pollutants we put in the air and the ground. Seriously, how can that not affect us. Plus all the landfills that we have dumped trash in. They close and then we have to open new ones to accommodate our waste. I'm sorry but I can't be the only one to see that we need to do what we can to protect where we live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 09:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Do you even have CLUE as to WHY and HOW tornadoes form?
Apparently not.

Ken
Yeah, just what I thought.

Surely you must know even the credible warmists tell you that "climate change, AKA global warming" has nothing to do with tornadoes?

Please, start explaining how all those deadly tornadoes happened when there was no "warming".

this might help you understand;

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2011/04/...-a-joke-right/

Quote:
It is well known that strong to violent tornado activity in the U.S. has decreased markedly since statistics began in the 1950s, which has also been a period of average warming. So, if anything, global warming causes FEWER tornado outbreaks…not more. In other words, more violent tornadoes would, if anything, be a sign of “global cooling”, not “global warming”.
It is indeed a well known fact...just look at the lists. I know you don't want to, because that would burst the bubble of belief.

He also explains the conditions required for a tornado to form. Check it out.

Last edited by sanrene; 04-15-2012 at 09:53 PM..

Old 04-15-2012, 09:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why are you so defensive. Some of us believe we are destroying the earth with all the pollutants we put in the air and the ground. Seriously, how can that not affect us. Plus all the landfills that we have dumped trash in. They close and then we have to open new ones to accommodate our waste. I'm sorry but I can't be the only one to see that we need to do what we can to protect where we live.
Pollution and "climate change" are different.

Personally, I don't know anyone that wants dirty air, water and land.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:47 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
49 of how many? How many are scientists? How many have studied global warming? Who cares what an astronaut thinks on things like this. interesting, yet duplicate post, but why didn't you do more research?
How many of the top executives are scientists? How many of them have studied global warming? Who cares what a top executive thinks on things like this.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,282,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What do tornadoes have to do with "global warming"? NOTHING. I thought you KNEW this. Really, what does a defective computer climate model have to do with a tornado? I'm just dying to hear this, come on, tell us.

Why do the warmists continue to make this ridiculous claim?

NOAA : Tornadoes Not Due To Global Warming | Real Science

From a warmist, no less.

Of the 10 deadliest US tornadoes, only ONE outbreak happened after 1953.

What caused those outbreaks from 1840 to 1953?

Tornado records - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of the 25 deadliest tornadoes, only ONE happened after 1955.

Same question.
While it IS true that one cannot say that a single tornado or even a series of tornadoes is tied directly to global warming any more than one can say that a single flip of a coin will be - over the long run YOU CAN make such statements (both about the increasing frequency of such storms and - in the case of the coin flip the likelihood that out of 1000 flips, roughly 500 will be "heads") - and the GW theory DOES SO. The number and severity of such storms WILL increase - and we'll see more and more days like we did today.

Climate change could spawn more tornadoes

Regarding the death toll in the past - that's a silly comparison because back then there was NO WARNING SYSTEM - and warning systems SAVE LIVES.

Ken

Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry but that was just...wow. Not even on par with what Mircea just gave you.

Should we care about pollution and clean air and water? Of course. We humans do have the power to kill ourselves off so of course we should care but I think you were given a pretty darn good science lesson from Mircea. Why not research what they wrote?

Old 04-15-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm sorry but that was just...wow. Not even on par with what Mircea just gave you.

Should we care about pollution and clean air and water? Of course. We humans do have the power to kill ourselves off so of course we should care but I think you were given a pretty darn good science lesson from Mircea. Why not research what they wrote?
Science has proven to be wrong many times. They research one thing and say oh no we got it wrong, this is our new findings now. So I go with my gut and what I believe in. Why do I need to follow someone else when I have a mind of mine own.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Science has proven to be wrong many times. They research one thing and say oh no we got it wrong, this is our new findings now. So I go with my gut and what I believe in. Why do I need to follow someone else when I have a mind of mine own.
Ok, so you will dismiss the science that says global warming is not caused by humans but you don't dismiss the science that says it is...even though you just said science has proven to be wrong many times....is it only a certain kind of science that is proven wrong?

Whatever, this is pointless. SMH.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Ok, so you will dismiss the science that says global warming is not caused by humans but you don't dismiss the science that says it is...even though you just said science has proven to be wrong many times....is it only a certain kind of science that is proven wrong?

Whatever, this is pointless. SMH.
You are giving me a headache lol Why is this pointless, because we disagree?? I dismiss all scientists because they keep changing their findings about food, the environment and everything else they research. I go with what I believe in and there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:34 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,474,664 times
I do like how World Nut Daily and other anti-science, pro business propaganda pieces are working hard to label James Hansen Public Enemy #1, it shows they know how dangerous his opinion is to exposing what they are trying to so hard to conceal.

I imagine there are few industrialized countries that have such a large percentage of climate change deniers as the United States. I would expect to see it in China. So conservatives and communists are in agreement, how quaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies