Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 12:48 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,128,575 times

Advertisements

FYI dolphins are mammals not fish - just saying
Oops that is true there is more than one dolphin - the fish and the mammal - I just assumed (ass/u/me) we were speaking of the mammal since the video was clearly of the dolphin mammal.

Last edited by PJ1252; 04-16-2012 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: omission
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 02:48 PM

867 posts, read 497,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
FYI dolphins are mammals not fish - just saying
Oops that is true there is more than one dolphin - the fish and the mammal - I just assumed (ass/u/me) we were speaking of the mammal since the video was clearly of the dolphin mammal.
I think we are referring to the flipper kind. Yum!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2012, 03:02 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
I wish to show how important it is that we preserve and cherish our marine life and oceans. There are many activities out here that may seriously impact these incredible animals and we need to pay close attention. Here's the video.

Dolphins.wmv - YouTube
For once I actually agree with you although I was expecting something horrid in that video. Or was the point that boating makes dolphins swim near you because if that was it, dolphins have been doing that since we've put boats and ships in the water, it's what they do.

Nonetheless, I do agree that there are some activities that may harm them and we do need to be paying attention...especially the people who try to make money off of these animals or those ******** who catch sharks, cut off their fins and then throw them back in the water to die, or those ******** "fishermen" who take dogs, put gigantic hooks through their snouts, drop them in the water to "fish" for sharks...yah, we absolutely DO NEED to be paying attention to that and stop that barbaric activity.

What we do to animals is sickening.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
For once I actually agree with you although I was expecting something horrid in that video. Or was the point that boating makes dolphins swim near you because if that was it, dolphins have been doing that since we've put boats and ships in the water, it's what they do.

Nonetheless, I do agree that there are some activities that may harm them and we do need to be paying attention...especially the people who try to make money off of these animals or those ******** who catch sharks, cut off their fins and then throw them back in the water to die, or those ******** "fishermen" who take dogs, put gigantic hooks through their snouts, drop them in the water to "fish" for sharks...yah, we absolutely DO NEED to be paying attention to that and stop that barbaric activity.

Have you happened to take note of what animals do to animals? I heard rumors that some animals actually eat other animals, and do so while they are still alive. Imagine that, devouring another animal without first killing it cleanly. Animals are such....,well,....... BEASTS!!!!! Now pass me another T-Bone of Flipper with some clam sauce.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:28 PM

30,226 posts, read 23,649,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
Have you happened to take note of what animals do to animals? I heard rumors that some animals actually eat other animals, and do so while they are still alive. Imagine that, devouring another animal without first killing it cleanly. Animals are such....,well,....... BEASTS!!!!! Now pass me another T-Bone of Flipper with some clam sauce.
I've heard that same tired argument before. And I find no humor at all in extremists who think the abuse of animals is funny.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I've heard that same tired argument before. And I find no humor at all in extremists who think the abuse of animals is funny.
It's only funny until one of them gets hurt - then its hilarious.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:39 PM

23,667 posts, read 23,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
I know that the Libertarian and Republican "freedom' screamers will send hate mail to me, but I really wish their were more restrictions on personal boats and other watercraft

Why? What's the problem with them? I used to go boating off the coast of Southern California all the time, and the dolphins would actually play with us. As you can see in the video thumbnail, they lead boats and other craft in a very playful way. They're not afraid, and seem quite interested in what's going on. My only complaint is that they scare away the fish. Other than that, they're awesome.

My girlfriend absolutely loves dolphins. For her birthday last year, I wanted to get her into the Mirage "Trainer for a Day" program, but it's a little pricy. I'll probably do it this year, though. It'd be a dream come true for her.

As for the OP, WTF?? Was there a point to the video and/or your post? Yes, dolphins are great. And?

Old 04-16-2012, 03:39 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,474,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
and even more attention paid to clean up our rivers, lakes, estuaries, bays etc.

Over 8 million gallons a yr of raw sewerage dumped into Lake erie alone. But hey , who cares, We have to worry that the world may be 1 degree warmer 100 yrs from now.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:12 PM

23,667 posts, read 23,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Over 8 million gallons a yr of raw sewerage dumped into Lake erie alone. But hey , who cares, We have to worry that the world may be 1 degree warmer 100 yrs from now.
That's one sixteen millionth of its volume. 0.00000625%.

I'm not saying that pollution is good or anything, but geez, man, get some perspective. Do a little research about the "facts" and figures that various groups throw at you before preaching/parroting them in public.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:21 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,969,904 times
Quote:

Dogs to catch sharks? Not a bad Idea we use baby kittens on big treble hooks to go for the big river flatheads. They work sometimes when nothing else does. Toss em in live and they wiggle around a bit to attract the fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies