Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/op...qc9pHuzTI3lwXQ

How is that foreign policy of endless wars working out for you? Oh, and let me guess - you have a pink ribbon sticker on your car which says "Support Our Troops". Yes, that should do it.
Let me fix that for you

How is that policy of CRIMINALLY UNJUST wars working out? We haven't started or participated in a war we needed to fight since World War 2

Our wonderful soldiers have been fighting and dying on and off the battlefield for the rich elite scumbags of America.... NOT to preserve freedom and liberty for the average American either

Another great American tragedy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 04:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Let me fix that for you

How is that policy of CRIMINALLY UNJUST wars working out? We haven't started or participated in a war we needed to fight since World War 2

Our wonderful soldiers have been fighting and dying on and off the battlefield for the rich elite scumbags of America.... NOT to preserve freedom and liberty for the average American either

Another great American tragedy
The US dollar has been tied to oil since the '70's that helps provide that liberty we enjoy. Perhaps take up our monetary policy if you want to see the mideatstern countries eat sand so to say. We got plenty here but just don't drill for it. Perhaps because we have to ensure that the world trade oil in US dollars right now.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:09 PM

958 posts, read 2,133,281 times
Quote:
Voting for the only candidate in the race who is for ending the wars - Ron Paul.
Since that's not going to work for you what are you going to do?

I ask because Like many on here I have family and friends who have served, are serving or on their way to serve.

My dad slept outside for six months after his second tour in Viet Nam because he woke up choking my mom.
He got the finger from the VA.
I was medically disharged from the Navy and got the finger from the VA.
For some the VA works and for others it's a joke and that's a fact.

So, now what?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:11 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The US dollar has been tied to oil since the '70's that helps provide that liberty we enjoy. Perhaps take up our monetary policy if you want to see the mideatstern countries eat sand so to say. We got plenty here but just don't drill for it. Perhaps because we have to ensure that the world trade oil in US dollars right now.
It seems we agree that we need to get off of foreign oil.... but I also wish we could have started integrating other sources of energy... renewable, cleaner sources earlier. Not saying completely switch over, but slowly shift toward it

Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
It seems we agree that we need to get off of foreign oil.... but I also wish we could have started integrating other sources of energy... renewable, cleaner sources earlier. Not saying completely switch over, but slowly shift toward it
On one hand, we subsidize Big Oil with $40 billion tax breaks and on the other hand, we pour taxpayer money into Solyndra-styled failed ventures, and then we wonder why we can't stop guzzling oil? How about stopping the tax breaks for Big Oil, not wasting taxpayer money on "green" technology, and just let the free markets figure it out? It's the government meddling that is hamstringing us. When we depend on the government to fund green technologies, all that is going to happen is them taking taxpayer money and blowing it on their political donors, friends and family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
Since that's not going to work for you what are you going to do?

So, now what?
How is that not going to work out for me? I am voting my conscience. And it's not just Paul. Over 200 Constitutional/Liberty/Anti-war candidates are running for office all over the USA. It will take time to purge the neocon contamination from our blood, but we can do it if we all try.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:56 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
What a fine stat to use for a recruitment tool.
Parents please encourage your offspring to choose a different career path.Stop feeding bodies into the military machine.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:25 PM

958 posts, read 2,133,281 times
Quote:
On one hand, we subsidize Big Oil with $40 billion tax breaks and on the other hand, we pour taxpayer money into Solyndra-styled failed ventures, and then we wonder why we can't stop guzzling oil? How about stopping the tax breaks for Big Oil, not wasting taxpayer money on "green" technology, and just let the free markets figure it out? It's the government meddling that is hamstringing us. When we depend on the government to fund green technologies, all that is going to happen is them taking taxpayer money and blowing it on their political donors, friends and family.

How is that not going to work out for me? I am voting my conscience. And it's not just Paul. Over 200 Constitutional/Liberty/Anti-war candidates are running for office all over the USA. It will take time to purge the neocon contamination from our blood, but we can do it if we all try.

So there has to be a waiting piriod and "purge the neocon contamination from our blood" before any good can happen.

Widespread help for vets will have to come from outside the VA system.
The American Legion has been working for decades for vets to receive help they need after returning from war. But it's an up hill battle fought on different fronts.
Veterans have been turned away from trying to register at VA hospitals because some dumbass clerk says their DD214 is a fake or the clerk doesn't believe the person has even served in the military.

It happend to my dad in three different states.
I was never in combat but the samething happened to me.
My father in law is retired from the Air Force where he lost a considerable ammount of hearing. He was able to register but it took fifteen years to get the hearing aids he needed.
For those who gets the much needed help from the VA I'm very glad.
But it's the VA that needs to be overhauld top down, not new politician/s put in office.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
It's America's don't care attitude.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Because those bumbling idiots think that their responsibility towards our troops is done if they show off a stupid ribbon on their gas guzzler.

If you really care about the troops, you would listen to their pain and anguish. They join the military to defend the Constitution, but instead are being sent off by our empty suit politicians to godforsaken desert lands to die in undeclared wars only so that the Military Industrial Complex could sell more weapons and indulge in war profiteering. Even if the troops don't die there, they return with enough trauma and psychological damage that they are unable to lead normal lives as civilians. (Did you miss the part where it said that veterans commit suicide at a rate of one every 80 MINUTES?)

If you really cared about the troops, you would vote the politicians out who push for endless wars and endless military intervention and put that money and lives towards rebuilding _this_ country, not some oil-rich mullah land.
Thank you for putting my thoughts into words. I work for the VBA and most people have no idea what these courageous men and women suffer both during and after war.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:06 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
The issue of WHY they're sent to battle is secondary to the issue of providing them with the support they need upon their return.

They did not ask the reasons why they were sent anywhere. They obeyed as their sworn duty required.

They deserve; respect, understanding, assistance and support. Firstly; give them the respect they deserve and it will be easy to provide the other items on the list. To deny them any part of what they deserve is to disrespect them. A major sin all of us should share responsibility for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies