Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 12:13 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,970,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is a choice.
LOL

Trust me, it's not. Educate yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 01:19 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Well, the culmination of a sexual attraction is celebrated by the activity of sexual intercourse. Sexual intercourse is an action.
Ehh, you might be surprised to know that not all gay men like anal sex.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:31 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Being disgusted and repulsed is a fear based reaction?.
Yes.

Quote:
I am fairly disgusted and repulsed by the sight and smell of roadkill. Roadkill phobic? I am disgusted and repulsed by thrash metal music. Headbangaphobia? I am disgusted and repulsed by gas prices. Petrolphobia?
Apples to oranges comparisons.

Quote:
It has long been a tactic of the homosexual community to label any disapproval of their actions as a "phobia".
I'll agree that it's overused. But it's an appropriate use of the term in your case. (Of course, homophobes never think the term should be applied to them!)

Quote:
Disinterested and Indifferent? Well trained and PC.
There's a difference between being disinterested/indifferena and repulsed. If you don't want to see the difference, it's because you don't want to, so you throw the "pc" label at me to defend yourself.

Quote:
See, the thing is, I am not opposed to gay marriage. I believe in equal rights..
Glad to hear it!

Quote:
But to say that someone who finds the action disgusting is more attracted to the action is absurd doubletalk with a clear agenda. At best it is a sweeping label given to attempt intimidation towards anyone who is at all opposed.
What is "the action" you're referring to? (No, I'm not trying to be sarcastic.)

Quote:
I suppose if I were in the same boat, all is fair in love and war, but it is very transparent..
Say what?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:25 AM

269 posts, read 255,896 times
I will address GeorgiaFrog in a second, but wow. I have seen few people be as arrogant. And prop themselves on some pedestal as if people actually take seriously or really even care why you're seemingly obsessed with male anal sex. And then you say others have agendas.

None of this is heterosexual behavior, BTW. Mentally healthy HETEROSEXUALS do not think this way.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:43 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
People are afraid of or hate parts of themselves all the time.
Phobias are fears.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
They couldn't care less, because it's really about total acceptance and even participation. If you accept Henry's repulsive sexual urge, then maybe you should give Henry a little sumpin sumpin to prove you aren't a homophobe. The pool needs participation, not support.

See 101flyboy above as confirmation.
Right. Because, you know, that's what all gay folk want, to turn everyone gay. That's what the agenda is all about. And the straight folk who are for gay rights, we've converted them, and they're brainwashed. Now they're on the hunt for fresh meat, trying to convince their friends to take a ride on the wild side. You sure did expose all of our secrets, Steven, you're really so smart, we can't fool you.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oh yes, and we see from previous posts how scientific studies are embraced by the left when disgust with homosexuality is shown to be a natural and normal part of our innate behavioral immune system.

When it is shown that this revulsion to gay sex is something people are born with and cannot change, the accusation then becomes that these people have learned this behavior even though that directly contradicts the science they claim to embrace.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...ZtZFzzjU4qdZ2g
Um, the study specifically states these feelings of disgust are based on intuition and bias. For you to say it's about natural aversion to something I guess you believe is wrong is basically 100% spin, and the fact there are BILLIONS of STRAIGHT people who do not have any of these issues surrounding gay sex proves this. If it were natural to feel disgust towards homosexuality in general, why are there straight people who don't feel this disgust? And what exactly is disgusting about homosexuality? Care to tell us? What makes homosexuality disgusting? Because if you're going to basically say intuition tells you this is disgusting, that means you DO NOT have a logical reason to back up your views. Not one. That's the basis of irrationality. It's one thing to say, my mind tells me ___________. I have done ___________ and didn't like it. No. What you don't seem to realize are instincts are SHAPED and not inborn. Instincts are feelings. Feelings can be shaped at any given moment. It's like saying, my instincts tell me I'm gonna have a bad day. So, do you have a bad day? Do you allow your instincts to dictate your emotions and your thoughts? People who are actually, you know, healthy, don't do that.

There is no such thing as homosexuality as a solitary trait. There are sex acts that same and opposite sex couples engage in. The same things straight people do, gay people do. That's what makes homophobia and feelings of disgust irrational.

Now, I just read the study 100% all the way through, it even says people who feel disgust towards homosexuality feel that "explicit" displays of same-sex activity are intentional, they are significantly more likely to be morally opposed to homosexuality, to look down on gay people. It says a large part of the feelings of disgust are based on a thought that gay people are violating cultural and human norms. Which TRIGGERS the behavioral immune system (aka instincts, based on distinctions and insecurity, which are fear based traits). Which leads to people avoiding homosexuality, gay people, and condemning it as negative because your INSTINCTS (note: not inborn mental trait, not your mind, your instincts) tell you this.

There is zero, zero in the study you just highlighted that says being anti-gay is inborn. The opposite, in fact, is said. Instinctual bias leads to feelings of disgust which leads to homophobia.

Now, before you lie again, it would be nice of you to answer my question. Have any legitimate reason to explain how homosexuality is somehow disgusting? By the way, don't dare say "it's unnatural" which is also false (and also proves your homophobia is natural lie as false as well).

Old 04-19-2012, 05:33 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
I can do a study that will "prove" that gay people are mental rejects.

So what?

Old 04-19-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
To seperate male homosexuality and anal sex is ridiculous.
Is it? I don't think it is. Since, you know, not all gay men engage in anal sex. You seem to think they do, though. In fact, why you think about it at all is the real question.

Quote:
With that being said, I think it is clear that the two relate. The thought of male homosexuality equates with the thought of anal sex.
OK, well the thought of male heterosexuality equates with the thought of anal sex for me. Since there are more heterosexual men engaging in anal sex in absolute numbers.

Quote:
That is the only reason why the issue is pushed constantly. The two are equated, and the two are inseparable. And they are pushed constantly.
Gay=anal sex. Got 'ya. So when you see, hear, think of the word gay, you think of two men f*cking in the a**. Whatever suits you, I guess. But I guess your obsession with male anal sex makes sense now.

Quote:
I have never seen any instance of gay sex. Never said that that was what was pushed on me, but that that was the culmination of te gay agenda.
That gay male anal sex is pushed on everyone? Interesting. How could it not be pushed on you if you say the gay agenda is being pushed on everyone?

Quote:
Want to give me a medal? Your attitude and agenda makes me less of an ally with your cause, and makes me less likely to vote with you on any possible upcoming legislation.
Am I supposed to care? Who do you think you are? Am I supposed to grovel to you, am I supposed to just be nicey-nicey so you can like me? Trust, you care more about me than I do what you think about me. Get over yourself, you're not special, and gay rights are not about you. You're not an ally anyway, so you may as well get off our bus, you're really not welcome, you're a bigot.

Quote:
If you are typical of people who I am voting to protect perhaps I should think again given your hostility.
My hostility, huh? Or maybe it's just me realizing you're completely ignorant, clueless, and quite frankly, stupid? That's not hostility. Again, you're not that big of a deal. I'm not that into you.

Quote:
You think I don't understand you? You don't understand, and have underestimated me.
LOL. Oh please. OH please. When you've taken yourself off the pedestal you're standing on, I'll be willing to extend this conversation beyond this post.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I can do a study that will "prove" that gay people are mental rejects.

So what?
Your study would be a lie, and based on bigotry. This study is based on something that has been seen both in real life as well as consistently proven to be true scientifically.

That's "so what". So what is that gay folk are being discriminated against by people who are either insecure in their sexuality, in sexuality in general, or flat out self-hating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies