Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 04:21 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I think this pattern is pretty common. I recall talking with my gay boss about this over a beer once. I have had three gay female bosses. Anyhow, she said she was always raging against homosexuality as a young woman, and eventually she learned why... Great person. Love her to death.

I recall not once, but several times being hit on by gay friends. Honestly, in all cases, it caught me off guard. Funny thing is, I just said no thanks and it never bothered me much. I was surprise how low key it was. As simple as " no thanks, I don't care for Shiner Bock, I prefer Sierra Nevada" kind of thing.

Getting all worked up over it seems to me to say something about one's knowledge of and comfort with one's self.
So if someone really rails against a smoker smoking , they really really want to smoke. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 04:39 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Let's just tell the truth here.

The word homophobe has no power at all. It is a buzz word invented by the gay community to say that there is something wrong with straight people who do not accept homosexuality as normal..

The gay agenda wants to of course use anything and inventing words to fit their agenda to promote gays. Even this thread to trying to make straight people who do not accept homosexuality as normal as saying they are really gay.. what a con . No power in that statement either. This thread is bogus beyond belief.
I was a teen in the late 80's from a small town and had no exposure to gay people and at the time media on the news of the limited TV channels rarely mention anything gay.
Homophobia is the fear or to discriminate against gays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yeah, you probably found him cute, which led to homo feelings for him. You resented what he was doing to you. So you took it out on him by picking on him. But apparently you have grown up from that.
No, he definitely not cute lol not then and not now. I would call him the F word (the software of CD will censor it).
I at the time was in denial similar to the ones mention in this thread.
It wasnt til 5 years I had to come out due to an ex boyfriend outed me at the job I had then.
Bottom line homophobia is fear of gays and to deny them equal rights.
I dont care about what society considers normal, I just want to be respected that I am not much different.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,344,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You might in due time. But have you at least met people who are afraid of homosexuality? Or, are such people non-existent?
I can honestly say not that I know of. no doubt somebody is, I do know a woman who is scared of people in general, there are some people who have fears of different things, heights, dogs, cats and such but just because a person doesn't agree with something it doesn't make them afraid of it.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:14 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
The idea of "choice" is key. Such people, being labeled homophobes by the study tend to be believers in being gay as a choice. I don't see that applying to KKK.

If I didn't come across with the mentality that accepting gay people as being normal would make non-gay people become gay, I would have tough time giving any credibility to such studies.

You are very correct Einstein'sGhost!

Not everything is a choice.

Sometimes nature has the last word by imprinting our DNA with unchangeable behavioral characteristics we carry with us from the cradle to the grave.

Who can say someone is wrong because nature made them a certain way?

"Schaller and colleagues (Faulkner, Schaller, Park, & Duncan, 2004; Park, Faulkner, & Schaller, 2003; Schaller & Duncan, 2007) have argued that over the course of human evolution, people developed a “behavioral immune system” that functioned to shield them from exposure to novel pathogens or parasites. Individuals belonging to unfamiliar groups, especially those who engaged in unusual practices regarding food, cleanliness, and sex, posed a higher risk of carrying novel (and therefore particularly dangerous) infectious agents. Perceiving such individuals would thus activate the behavioral immune system and cause avoidance behavior and the accompanying emotion of disgust. It is important to note that this argument does not assume that all or even most of these outgroups actually did pose a risk of infection. But because risks of failing to detect a contagious individual (serious illness and possibly premature death) greatly outweighed the cost of wrongly identifying a harmless individual as contagious, one would expect the behavioral immune system to display hypervigilance (Schaller & Duncan, 2007). This hypervigilance may be especially acute in those individuals who are especially sensitive to disgust, the emotion that drives the behavioral avoidance system."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...w2PhnJNTi4vo1Q

I find homosexuality disgusting.

Don't like it?

Take it up with nature!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:19 PM

37,162 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Yes we knew it all along lol:

Is some homophobia self-phobia?
In other news: Water is wet, researchers say.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
There wouldn't be a gay agenda for normalcy (it is human nature to be accepted as any other), if not for the homophobes who push for criminalization or at least defining it as being abnormal.

I thought we covered this...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...w2PhnJNTi4vo1Q

Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Definitely agree with this. I always suspect people who rip gay people of being suppressed gay's themselves. These people carrying signs about banning gay marriage ect. They could be such happy people if they would just come out of the closet.
We've frequently seen evidence of this. From prominent clergy. Politicans. People who attack strongly often have the same skelaton in their closet they want to keep there. The best defense is a good offense.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,683 times
Very egotistical and self-serving. Dream on with the homophobe cliche too, that insists that one fears gay people merely if you don't agree with homosexuality. Ok sure and based on that same logic, maybe I fear white people since I don't wish be white?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:45 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The gay agenda will always push for their accepting of homosexuality as normal , to young children in the class room and to Washington legislation.
A few questions:

1. Do you have a copy of the "gay agenda"

2. Can you post it here on CD forum

3. What did you have to do to obtain it?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
You might in due time. But have you at least met people who are afraid of homosexuality? Or, are such people non-existent?

I don't think people are afraid of homosexuality.

Vampires maybe...

A gay vampire could be scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies