Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of The Black Panthers in general?
Equal to the KKK. 40 36.04%
WORSE than the KKK. 30 27.03%
Proud of the ORIGINAL Panthers while denouncing the New Black Panther Party 15 13.51%
Proud of the NBP while denouncing the original Panthers 0 0%
Proud of BOTH original and new Black Panther Party. 3 2.70%
Don't care all. 23 20.72%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:07 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

“If you are having any doubts about getting suited, booted up and armed up for this race war that we are in that has never ended, let me tell you something, the things that’s about to happen to these honkies, these crackers, these pigs, these pink people, these mother****er cripple people, has been long overdue, “ said Michelle Williams, Tampa Chief of Staff for the Panther Party.

“I am for violence, if non violence means we continue postponing a solution to the American black man’s problem just to avoid violence. It’s in me to fight, it’s in me to raise up soldiers, it’s in me that every time my feet touch the ground in the state of Florida these crackers are scared,” added Williams. “This could not happen in LA, because them brothers up there are not scared to riot. This could not have happened in St. Petersburg, Florida because the black man over there ain’t scared to kill a cracker.”

not very nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 04:18 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
The original black panthers actually served a purpose (somewhat)

The new black panthers are a tool for the left to restart a race war in America that most of us thought was over in the 1980's and 90's

Thanks Democrats for your hate...... why can't we move on from the hate? Why won't you let us move on from the hate?

Old 04-16-2012, 04:20 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
“If you are having any doubts about getting suited, booted up and armed up for this race war that we are in that has never ended, let me tell you something, the things that’s about to happen to these honkies, these crackers, these pigs, these pink people, these mother****er cripple people, has been long overdue, “ said Michelle Williams, Tampa Chief of Staff for the Panther Party.

“I am for violence, if non violence means we continue postponing a solution to the American black man’s problem just to avoid violence. It’s in me to fight, it’s in me to raise up soldiers, it’s in me that every time my feet touch the ground in the state of Florida these crackers are scared,” added Williams. “This could not happen in LA, because them brothers up there are not scared to riot. This could not have happened in St. Petersburg, Florida because the black man over there ain’t scared to kill a cracker.”

not very nice
Great links.

Now tell us about all the innocent whites who where beaten, lynched, and killed while the Black Panther Party roamed during the 1960's.....

(This is sarcasm, btw)

Old 04-16-2012, 04:24 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
I know nothing much of the NBPP except that they have sullied the reputation of the really Panthers and due to that, I do not like them.

I voted I was "proud" of the black panthers because it was the closest choice that I had to what I feel about the, but I really am not "proud" of them. I do think that they were an organization with a purpose and I do feel that in certain locations they were very much organized and did a good job in promoting the positives of black people, the need for blacks to organize and protect themselves against police brutality, and promoting community service via breakfast programs, educational programs, and health screenings.

I also feel that most people now a days and the majority on this site do not know much about the original Panthers.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:34 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Great links.

Now tell us about all the innocent whites who where beaten, lynched, and killed while the Black Panther Party roamed during the 1960's.....

(This is sarcasm, btw)
you mean this?

The Zebra Murders

wups, that was the good ol' nation of islam. never mind.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:55 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Sooooo much hatred coming from the BP party and I have to wonder if our beloved Janet Nappolitano has listed this group as potential home grown terrorists?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:36 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Well, so far it's mostly people saying that the Black Panthers are (both the Original and NBP) are just as bad or worse than the Klan.

Two things about this:

- Those saying that they are as bad or worse than the KKK aren't really making it clear if it's BOTH or just the New Black Panther Party that they're refering to.

- Also, no one's really making it clear WHY they're as bad or worse than the Klan....

Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
I wouldn't mind seeing the two clash. I think I know who would be running away...

Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
The original black panthers actually served a purpose (somewhat)

The new black panthers are a tool for the left to restart a race war in America that most of us thought was over in the 1980's and 90's

Thanks Democrats for your hate...... why can't we move on from the hate? Why won't you let us move on from the hate?
Hilariously, democrats have mostly ignored the NBPP, because they're obviously a small group of fools. It's republicans who insist on giving them mainstream attention - Fox News has been bringing them on for interviews for years now.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:39 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Original BPP was fine for the most part... they just wanted to protect black Americans. Not necessarily a fan of their view on separation vs integration but oh well.
The Black Panther Party was not separatist, for that you need to look towards the Nation of Islam, and the Republic of New Africa.

Quote:
NBPP is just silly, a bunch of kooks advocating violence and extermination that makes them no better than other hate groups.

NBPP is just silly, I used to think it was silly but now I'm a bit more concerned seeing how the media insists upon giving then undeserved exposure. Kooks, without a doubt but even kooks can morph into dangerous idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies