Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 PM

168 posts, read 142,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Grow up.

When taxpayers are rolling out tens of millions of dollars, to pay for irresponsible people to have abortions, it IS our business.

And abortion is not an "unfortunate alternative." It is the murder of a pre-born child. But I guess it's too much to expect you to understand that.
Isn't there a commitee that audits PP annually hoping to find proof of this but never does?

Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Being a bastard myself, I don't see how it effects society. I believe in abstinence, but it is unrealistic to expect everyone to follow it.

In the words of Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock "It takes two to make a thing go right."

Did you skip biology or sex ed?
Or even the classic "When a man and a woman love each other" shtick from Mom when he was 5.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So you think it should be made a felony for people to indulge in sexual intercourse outside of marriage? But what if two 14 year olds are caught doing it?
reading is fundamental.You should try it instead of making up things i never said

Old 04-17-2012, 01:01 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
reading is fundamental.You should try it instead of making up things i never said
These liberal Democrats have a REAL problem doing that. They call it "truth," but intelligent people know what it actually is.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
These liberal Democrats have a REAL problem doing that. They call it "truth," but intelligent people know what it actually is.
When they can no longer argue a point they turn to making stuff up and calling it the truth

Old 04-17-2012, 01:05 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,369,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
When they can no longer argue a point they turn to making stuff up and calling it the truth
They've done it to me several times, on this thread alone. One makes up something stupid, then they all repeat it. Then they quote each other, and act like they're citing sources.

It's absurd, really. And hard to believe they actually do it - thinking all the while that they're pretty smart.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 PM

168 posts, read 142,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
All you've done here is to make excuses for your self-serving ways. I could care less about you personally. What I care about is the overarching affect that people such as yourself have on society by continuing to push forth the mantle of individualism no matter the larger cost. It's very clear to me that your whole attitude is "It's all about ME....everyone else be damned. I don't want to get married. Who cares what my child picks up from that!!" I'm sure your child is learning that very same attitude. We as society will be paying for it one day, but you could care less because its all about "you." And that's precisely my point in the original post that you quoted.

OH DEAR GOD NO!

My child won't want to marry! This means.....um....uh...my child will get to live their life the way they want? The church won't have a wedding?

Or am I missing the point entirely?

Old 04-17-2012, 01:23 PM

39 posts, read 18,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimzer View Post
OH DEAR GOD NO!

My child won't want to marry! This means.....um....uh...my child will get to live their life the way they want? The church won't have a wedding?

Or am I missing the point entirely?
I think the point was this... nutjobs think a marriage certificate makes a kid happy even if the parents are miserable, where unmarried people have unhappy kids even if it is a happy household ... stupid thinking.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:18 PM

464 posts, read 479,300 times
It's really creepy how antichoicers are obsessed with fetuses.

Abortion is legal. Time to build a bridge and get over it.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-17-2012 at 05:01 PM..

Old 04-17-2012, 02:30 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimzer View Post
Isn't there a commitee that audits PP annually hoping to find proof of this but never does?
Yeah.
But truth isn't something a lot of these people are familiar with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies