Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 08:24 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
More proof that Obama is a dummy.
Not really. It's proof that he's a hypocrite - just like Warren Buffett, the man who literally OWNS President Obama.

When they talk about higher taxes, they're talking about higher taxes FOR EVERYBODY ELSE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 08:26 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If the President is going to present it (the tax hike) he should know what he's talking about. I can see he doesn't know the difference in one paying taxes on capital gains (Buffett) or regular wage earners(his secretary).
Yes, and we have no evidence whatsoever that Obama is telling the truth. We have no details about these tax percentages. And since the tax tables tell us his secretary doesn't pay anywhere near 20% FIT, I think he is lying.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:27 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
No, an intelligent person wouldn't. The intelligent person takes advantage of all the law allows him/her to do. A stupid person is the one who doesn't do that.
A hypocritical person would make a campaign issue about the inherent lack of fairness in the tax code which would allow a secretary to pay a higher effective rate than her well paid boss and yet take every deduction and other tax subsidy (and we know they are subsidies in Obamaspeak) available to lower your effective rate below that of your secretary.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
And he is dummy because he is rich and doesn't pay his fair share?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
A hypocritical person would make a campaign issue about the inherent lack of fairness in the tax code which would allow a secretary to pay a higher effective rate than her well paid boss and yet take every deduction and other tax subsidy (and we know they are subsidies in Obamaspeak) available to lower your effective rate below that of your secretary.
Guess a lot of us are big hypocrites than. I take advantage of every loophole I can because I pay a LOT of freaking tax. I know the tax code is broken and needs revamping. I know that, due to these loopholes, I am probably chopping off some taxes that other people are unable to do.

I would be stupid not to get back the money that I can by deliberately not following the rules of the current setup. That does not mean that I agree with the setup.

I don't agree with some of the wars we have and I don't hold my tax dollars back.

I don't send my kids to public schools and I hold my state taxes back for that.

I think marijuana use should be legal but it's not so I don't smoke it. Ever.

I think the tax code is mind-boggling and weird, but I play by the rules, as everyone should.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 AM

994 posts, read 725,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
No, an intelligent person wouldn't. The intelligent person takes advantage of all the law allows him/her to do. A stupid person is the one who doesn't do that.
It's interesting to see the liberals applying this logic here while over on the thread about red states getting more government money than blue states, they are using the exact opposite logic.

So to the liberal it is cool for Obama to take advantage of the very same loopholes that he campaigns against, but it's contemptible for Republicans to accept the government payments they are legally entitled to and that their taxes go to fund.

The tone of the liberal posts is night and day between the two threads.

Obama should be leading by example. He should set a standard for ethical behavior. He's the leader of the free world for crying out loud. If he as President of the United States declares in nationally televised speeches to the citizens of America that the loopholes rich people use to pay little taxes are immoral, then he shouldn't be doing that exact same thing himself. Period. It shouldn't matter if you're a liberal or a conservative on this thing -- ethics are ethics.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:52 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I saw a discussion about the tax vote that happened yesterday today on ----FOX.

What is this idea that money made using your money to make it a second tax. The money used to make the second money is not being taxed again; it is the money you made using your money to make it. And who is buying this double tax idea. In my opinion it is an idiot idea. Income is income no matter how it is made. We are living off our investments, SS, 401K, pension. It spends just like our paychecks did, so it should be taxed just like our paychecks were taxed. All income should be added together, then enough money to live a fugal life should be deducted and then anything after that should be taxed at a flat rate. I can see those rich people scampering to get out of the United States right now.

I said that I would be glad to volunteer to help fix the tax mess and I really think I could fix it. The brain washing of the financially educated has no logic involved. All income should be taxed equally and no deductions for housing, etc. but there should be enough money deducted to feed the family. Why should a person living in a huge house or someone with two homes be taxed less than someone that rents. Special interests are bankrupting our nation. It is time for everyone to pay their fair share.

The only thing that really makes me angry right now are the illegals that moved here while paying nothing are collecting welfare for their families that is larger than the deductions of middle class families. Yes, middle class families are having money taken out of their income to pay the medical costs, housing, food, etc. of people our government is so lazy they will not deport as they should. Tell me what is right about that. If an illegal family of a certain size gets a certain amount of money to pay for them to live, shouldn't a family that works to get income at least have a deduction on their taxes that is equal to what the government is GIVING the illegal family. Our children are the future to this country and we are starving them in order to pander to illegals.

Yes, give me the opportunity and I could fix a lot of things that are wrong in this country.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 AM

294 posts, read 191,774 times
Quote:

How?

How would he make sure?

Lie? Commit fraud?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:56 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Obviously because it would merely be a meaningless gesture that failed to solve the problem.
Buffett is the only one that seems to think the government needs more money to give away. Possibly to those programs that keep poor people down and foreign countries that harbor terrorist's looking to destroy America.

Problem solved............. quit spending money that's borrowed from China and grow American jobs again. Quit sending jobs to China and other areas.

Last edited by wildflower82; 04-17-2012 at 09:31 AM..

Old 04-17-2012, 09:09 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Problem solved............. quit spending money that's borrowed from China and grow American jobs again. Quit sending jobs to China and other areas.
Aaaaah, so you hate capitalism?

Go figure!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies