Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:58 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times

Advertisements

He is buddies with Carter.........
Oh and are you inflating your tires to get better gas mileage as obama suggested.....
because that will make a difference at the pump!

Under the Carter administration, gas prices increased by 103.77 percent. Gas prices since Obama took office have risen by 103.79 percent.
No other presidents in recent years have struggled as much with soaring oil prices.
Under the Reagan administration, gas prices actually dropped 66 percent.

When Bill Clinton was president, gas prices grew by roughly 30 percent, and under both Bush presidencies, gas prices rose by 20 percent.

Obama Now Exceeds Jimmy Carter on Gasoline Price Increases | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
So OP who are you going to vote for that will lower gasoline prices? Romney? You actually believe your vote could help lower the price of gas you pay?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:11 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
You know if gas prices are the major problem with Obama then things have gotten much better since 2008.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:13 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
So OP who are you going to vote for that will lower gasoline prices? Romney? You actually believe your vote could help lower the price of gas you pay?

Obama is an idiot who never should have been elected. He has never ran anything in his life. Voting present most of the time as a senator even not capable of taking responsibility to the people in his district or state to take the time to review and cast a vote that matters but he chose to vote present. Except for when it came to gang members using guns during crimes and how he was against a heavier punishment for them.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:22 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Obama is an idiot who never should have been elected. He has never ran anything in his life. Voting present most of the time as a senator even not capable of taking responsibility to the people in his district or state to take the time to review and cast a vote that matters but he chose to vote present. Except for when it came to gang members using guns during crimes and how he was against a heavier punishment for them.
Thought as much. You don't have ANY evidence that Obama effects gas prices. It's just more rhetoric you get from AM radio or FOX. Now you going off on some tangent about gang members....LOL

Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,098 times
Quote:
He is buddies with Carter.........
Oh and are you inflating your tires to get better gas mileage as obama suggested.....
because that will make a difference at the pump!

Under the Carter administration, gas prices increased by 103.77 percent. Gas prices since Obama took office have risen by 103.79 percent.
No other presidents in recent years have struggled as much with soaring oil prices.
Under the Reagan administration, gas prices actually dropped 66 percent.

When Bill Clinton was president, gas prices grew by roughly 30 percent, and under both Bush presidencies, gas prices rose by 20 percent.

Obama Now Exceeds Jimmy Carter on Gasoline Price Increases | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
Sigh, I think I went over these in about 5th grade, but I'll post this here to help you out.

You're confusing cause and effect. It's a rather basic, grade school type debating error. That A and B happened at the same time doesn't mean that A caused B.

For example, it's sunny when you wake up in the morning. You waking up didn't cause the sun to rise. Alternatively, you could use your argument as another example.

Here's a list of others so you don't make this rudimentary mistake again.

Fallacy: Confusing Cause and Effect

Old 04-18-2012, 05:37 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:

The POTUS has to be a citizen and 35 years old, and get elected. You may not like it, but he was elected. It happens frequently. The USA has several political parties. Not all can win every election. Sometimes, individuals have a representative that they did not vote for. Due to where I live, I have never voted for a candidate who won. My state rep, state senator, Congressman or Senator completely ignore the opposition party. I voted once for a candidate who was elected POTUS. If you try, you can get used to being on the outside looking in.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:11 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Didn't you get the memo? Your hero the zero thinks he can affect gas prices.....

Obama wants to target oil market manipulation - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/04/17/3559534/obama-seeks-to-confront-oil-market.html - broken link)

Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 AM

749 posts, read 947,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The POTUS has to be a citizen and 35 years old, and get elected. You may not like it, but he was elected. It happens frequently. The USA has several political parties. Not all can win every election. Sometimes, individuals have a representative that they did not vote for. Due to where I live, I have never voted for a candidate who won. My state rep, state senator, Congressman or Senator completely ignore the opposition party. I voted once for a candidate who was elected POTUS. If you try, you can get used to being on the outside looking in.
[SIZE=+1]What really determines elections is who counts the votes, and who counts the votes is somebody you probably didn't know.[/SIZE]

Old 04-18-2012, 11:02 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Sigh, I think I went over these in about 5th grade, but I'll post this here to help you out.

You're confusing cause and effect. It's a rather basic, grade school type debating error. That A and B happened at the same time doesn't mean that A caused B.

For example, it's sunny when you wake up in the morning. You waking up didn't cause the sun to rise. Alternatively, you could use your argument as another example.

Here's a list of others so you don't make this rudimentary mistake again.

Fallacy: Confusing Cause and Effect
I am not sure you are allowed to stop the spread of propaganda on this site, someone is bound to claim you are off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies