Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Spoken like someone whom has never experienced the Southwest...

[PACE]"New York City?!"[/PACE]
It was spoken as factual.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Zimmerman's mother was from Peru, not Mexico and his father was Jewish so I don't get it.

Of course not because most people wake up having an opinion on something they know jack crap about.

ZIMMERMAN TELEGRAM

Old 04-18-2012, 02:03 PM

487 posts, read 382,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
Mexicans, Spaniards, Indians, Jews, Brits/Germans etc.,Aren't you all Caucasian? Some of you are darker or lighter than others and speak different languages but ... Is this some kind of" white status" ranking system? Can't you all just get along?

The most commonly-used definition of "white person" is "a person with a visible degree of European ancestry."

Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Yeah, the coward's way. Violating our borders and breeding like rabbits while we have to foot the bill for our own genocide.

Would you like a hankie!

Old 04-18-2012, 02:07 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
But except for a few radicals and racists I assume most Mexicans go to the US for other reasons, the same reasons people have migrated all over the planet for thousands of years.
Having borders and telling people they may not migrate here and there is a relatively recent thing.
There have been borders since time began.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:07 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
The way I see it there are more non-Hispanics whining about Mexicans than Mexicans whining about California or Guatemala. After all, the Hispanics are gradually conquering the US anyway and they know it...
How many times do I have to repeat that non-hispanics are only opposed to illegal aliens whether they be Mexican or not before the other side gets it? Hispanics are conquering the U.S. via illegal immigration and via anchor babies. Why shouldn't any country's citizens object to a takevover in that manner? It isn't lawful, acceptable or desirable. How many times do I have to ask the question that if Mexico was being overun with millions of illegal Chinese wouldn't they object also? Would they we called anti-Chinese for that? Of course not, because of the hypocricy and double standards of these ethnocentric Hispanics.

As for Guatamala your analogy doesn't make any sense. I asked why are Mexicans whining about losing parts of the southwest but not whining about losing Guatamala. As usual, I get no answer to that one either.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
But except for a few radicals and racists I assume most Mexicans go to the US for other reasons, the same reasons people have migrated all over the planet for thousands of years.
Having borders and telling people they may not migrate here and there is a relatively recent thing.

New as in the last 5000 years.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
How many times do I have to repeat that non-hispanics are only opposed to illegal aliens whether they be Mexican or not before the other side gets it? Hispanics are conquering the U.S. via illegal immigration and via anchor babies. Why shouldn't any country's citizens object to a takevover in that manner? It isn't lawful, acceptable or desirable. How many times do I have to ask the question that if Mexico was being overun with millions of illegal Chinese wouldn't they object also? Would they we called anti-Chinese for that? Of course not, because of the hypocricy and double standards of these ethnocentric Hispanics.

As for Guatamala your analogy doesn't make any sense. I asked why are Mexicans whining about losing parts of the southwest but not whining about losing Guatamala. As usual, I get no answer to that one either.
They are not whining about it because they would like to isolate their own Indian population at the Yucatan.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:12 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
More so, south west Texas. It wouldn't surprise me to see Hispanics making up the majority in Texas in a few years. I believe there is less than 10% separation between non-Hispanic white and Hispanic population in the state.
You are probably on target with probably 2030 being the last. Texas is about to undergo some major political and demographic changes. I'm been saying on this site for a long time by 2020 or 2024 Texas will be swing state. When that happens all hell in going to break lose with Republican Party. Texas is basically the lynch pin that holds any Republican presidential candidates aspirations in the balance. Simply put there is no way a Republican can win the White House without winning the State of Texas.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What the past does tell you, is that even 150 years later there are American Spanish speakers in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida etc.. and in many of these areas the non-Hispanics have learned to adapt and speak Spanish as well. Being bilingual is a fact of life and many are ok with that.

So if many of these state residents want to be bilingual what can you do about it? Nada!
150 years have passed and our country's national language is English but many Hispanics still refuse to use it as their primary one? Doesn't sound like assimilation to me. I don't care if anyone is bi-lingual but why not speak this nation's language out in mainstream? You are missing the whole point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies