Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:55 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,133,152 times

Advertisements

The other 27% are iillegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 06:55 AM

77,032 posts, read 47,378,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Why thank you roy! and someone told me to my face, in 2010 while having additions and remodeling done to my home. An illegal of course that he voted for Obama in 2008, was smug about it i could of slaped his mug, and his ass got in trouble, because i ratted on him and my ass-whole of a contractor.
Did you ask him how he voted if he was not a registered voter? Your name must be found in the database at the polls, or you will not be allowed to vote.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,355,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Why thank you roy! and someone told me to my face, in 2010 while having additions and remodeling done to my home. An illegal of course that he voted for Obama in 2008, was smug about it i could of slaped his mug, and his ass got in trouble, because i ratted on him and my ass-whole of a contractor.
Don't believe it, no reason to lie, and infact it pissed me off so bad, that i became obsessed with getting these people in trouble.

I can tell you this, the people in question were looked into, because i had gotten phone calls, of thank yous, and it is people like you, who want to see things done right.
And i would do it again in a freaking heartbeat!

The thing i became obsessed with, is how, and why! and who helps these people get by with this, that is what literally drove me bonkers.

With online help i knew what outlets to go to. What did i get, thank you for being a concern American Citizen.
So you people can play games and think it does not happen, it does!
One party, don't think so, voter fraud is not subjected to one party anyone who feels it is, is pure and simple ignorant.
"These people" again! Do you know how many legal voters lie about voting? After Watergate, the number of people claiming to have voted for Nixon, who won the presidency, plummeted.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,471,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Inasmuch as you can't prove a negative, that's a little difficult. However, having been on these threads for some time, no one has ever proven that there IS a problem of any magnitude, either.

Talk about wasting government money!

I would like to ask all of you who are so in favor of draconian ID laws, have you ever been turned down to vote b/c someone else voted in your name? If this were a huge problem we should be hearing all sorts of stories, and we're not.
Draconian -- Excessively harsh and severe.

Just imagine the horror of having to show an ID at the polling place. If Democrats find this so unacceptable - they can stay at home on election day.

15 states may have Photo ID laws in place by Nov.

All states may follow suit eventually. Then what ?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Do you know how many legal voters lie about voting?

Just a question.

What do you mean by this ?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:11 AM

77,032 posts, read 47,378,297 times
I guess these kinds of National ID / Verification mandates are just another inevitable step towards full government control and a one world government.

The question is: is it constitutional? I don't think it is.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:11 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,355,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Just a question.

What do you mean by this ?
The guy california-jewel turned in may not have voted at all! People sometimes even lie to themselves. He may just have been bluffing.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 AM

302 posts, read 579,243 times
Some countries in the middle east require voters to stick their finger in ink that takes a couple of days to wear off. Pretty easy to tell who voted and who didn't...

Old 04-19-2012, 07:27 AM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,059,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I have expired photo ID and have never had a problem using it for cashing a check, going thru TSA, etc.

Will it work for me at the polls?
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
It would cost me $30 to get ID and I live at poverty level. How is that free?
You complained in another thread about your lack of a formal education preventing you from being paid anymore than minimum wage.

So... how old are you, where do you live and what do you do for work?

And you're on this message board pretty actively these days, complaining about your life, so how are you connecting to the internet? Connecting to the internet costs $$$ unless you are on a family member or friend's device or... a public library. And you're on the internet instead of working or looking for another or better job.

I think that your lack of having a valid photo ID is costing you opportunities for job advancement. And $30 is only half a day's pay for you (just guessing). So for a start, why not invest in yourself and get a valid photo ID? Then get rid of that huge chip on your shoulder and start believing in yourself. If you aren't the academic type, so what? Surely you have some other skills and talents that could be developed.

Otherwise, start spending your free time in the closest public library to you and just start reading and learning what you can. BTW from the way you post, you are plenty literate.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I guess these kinds of National ID / Verification mandates are just another inevitable step towards full government control and a one world government.

The question is: is it constitutional? I don't think it is.

All that matters here is that the Supreme Court thinks it is.

Almost all states have laws concerning voting aside from the Photo ID thing. Should all the existing laws also be declared unconstitutional ?

Democrats want to regulate EVERYTHING.

All of a sudden this is objectionable ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies