Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I'm assuming you can't figure out yett I don't care what non-Orthodox Jews think
Therein lies the problem, and why I normally avoid engaging people like you in debate... totally pointless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 12:04 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Ron Paul is in favor of school vouchers, against higher taxes, personally pro life (although he thinks it should be up to the states), in favor of abolishing the DOE (which would mean states would decide for themselves whether they want to teach abortion), and opposed to aiding nations like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia that support terrorist groups like Al Qaeda and Hamas. You should love him!
refuses to go gay marriage amendment

pro Hamas
H.Res. 34 (111th): Recognizing Israel

Ron Paul's policy regarding Iran is reminiscent of Roosevelt's (a decent foreign policy would have had foresight enough to realize their intentions) regarding Germany before 1939.

personally pro life (although he thinks it should be up to the states) I live in NY how exactly would that help anything

and school vouchers reason is mostly a issue in NY as opposed to federally thanks to the Blaine Amendment.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
As a librarian myself, I would actually deem those perfectly appropriate for the suggested age groups - and for the specific lessons, which you may or may not have noticed written along the top. Have you read any of those titles? I've probably read around 75% of them, and their content is in no way inappropriate for children.

FYI, elementary school doesn't generally have required reading lists... they only have suggested reading, and you're free to monitor which ones your child picks.
the title alone is inappropriate even if rest of the book has nothing else wrong. I would fight you strongly before my kids would ever see the title forget about the rest of the propaganda. Books like that are the reason why America has no morality.

If they would try to put that in a Yeshivas like some democrats are trying to force there would be a mass exodus from NY. Teaching that propaganda in schools is one of the reasons why dems are losing in NY recently.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Therein lies the problem, and why I normally avoid engaging people like you in debate... totally pointless!
the point being that whether or not Feinstein is Jewish or not is not up for debate.

there is no debate to be had on this point her mother's mothers not Jewish so she's not. What is there to debate, some people think she's jewish, so some people believe Obama was born in Kenya (no such luck), In both cases there's nothing to discus on the subject.

you want her to be Jewish get her to convert through a kosher conversion.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
FYI, elementary school doesn't generally have required reading lists... they only have suggested reading, and you're free to monitor which ones your child picks.
there was no opt in that curriculum.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
there was no opt in that curriculum.
Yes there was... read carefully, where it says "RECOMMENDED Reading List for anti-bullying topics." You might not understand the terminology there, but when we call something recommended that means it's optional. If a book HAS to be read by all students, we refer to it as a required reading list. Trust me, this is what I do for a living.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
the title alone is inappropriate even if rest of the book has nothing else wrong. I would fight you strongly before my kids would ever see the title forget about the rest of the propaganda. Books like that are the reason why America has no morality.

If they would try to put that in a Yeshivas like some democrats are trying to force there would be a mass exodus from NY. Teaching that propaganda in schools is one of the reasons why dems are losing in NY recently.
It's propaganda and immoral to write about boy penguins who adopted an egg (TRUE story), or to show how not all families look alike? Please read the books before spewing any garbage about them.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Yes there was... read carefully, where it says "RECOMMENDED Reading List for anti-bullying topics." You might not understand the terminology there, but when we call something recommended that means it's optional. If a book HAS to be read by all students, we refer to it as a required reading list. Trust me, this is what I do for a living.
this was the recommended list for the school board that did not allow an opt out not a recommended list for students.

proof of no opt out
from
D.C. mulls anti-bullying law - Washington Times
Quote:
And therein lies the conundrum in Alameda County.
Parents there staged a legal fight last year after the school board decided to add “LGBT Lesson #9” to its anti-bullying curriculum for grade-school students. Opponents complained when they learned first-graders would be taught about same-sex families.
Parents wanted to be able to opt out their children from the instruction, but the school board said no. They then sought legal relief, but a judge denied their request.
The board adopted more than 20 books for the reading list, including “Heather Has Two Mommies” and “And Tango Makes Three,” the book about the penguins.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:08 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,273 times
I don't know about Jews, but most Israelis love hard right, neocon FP. Obama has been a bit neutral about this.

However, as a Slavic Jew, I believe Ron Paul has the best FP. Israel is trouble and should be left up to their own devices.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:15 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy207 View Post
saying israel is trouble is a bit of an understatement, ya.
Our unabashed support of Israel was one of the three main reason why 9/11 occurred.

It is right in the 9/11 report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies