Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 01:03 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Right...there's article after article in my local paper about these lefties trying to skirt the First Amendment somehow. No, wait...it's always right-leaning groups that seem to be doing that. And come to think of it, these laws against murder are always used to go after those who kill people, never the ones who get killed. Talk about your one-way streets...
I challenge you to present one article then...

BTW, opining that what someone said appears to be helping the enemy is in no way, shape, or form an attempt to take away their first amendment rights... it is simply stating an opinion, which is protected by that same first amendment..
the entire point of most of this thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 01:11 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Well, I do cheer for the enemy, since I consider you the enemy. The enemy of logic, rational thought, adherence to the United States constitution, and the American way of life.

This post that asserts that a person who disagrees with the topic starter is anti-American is much the same as childish rhetoric that Nazi's used. neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. - Hermann Göring

Shouldn't you be roasting hotdogs on a book burning somewhere?
It is always the leftist in this country that cry hate speech if anyone has a different opinion, surpressing free speech. It is always the leftist that try to control speech, surpressing free speech. It is the leftist that try to take over parental rights, surpressing free speech. You are confused about what it means to have some respect and loyality when there are those in danger which does not hinder free speech. That is the enemy of logic, rational thought, adherence to the United States constitution, and the American way of life.

Last edited by citigirl; 09-16-2007 at 01:19 PM..

Old 09-16-2007, 01:17 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
HOLLYWOOD TRIES TO RESCUE THE TERRORISTS FROM THE SURGE
HOLLYWOOD TRIES TO RESCUE THE TERRORISTS FROM THE SURGE

Get ready to be drowned in the Hollywood's choice awards for favorite military.

Yet so many Americans support these Hollywood, anti-America military, anti-American Celebrities.

These celebrities have every right to use their Free Speech. But you also have your rights to free speech. And if these movies and American-paid-celebrities upset you, please use your free speech as well.

You will be getting people in this thread joking and making light of these movies. But please think how our troops in the field will feel, when these movies just boosting the morale of America's terrorist enemies again.
Hollyweird can kiss my rear end. Who cares what those vapid, air-headed cretins think? They're paid millions of dollars for make-believe, dressing up and posing for cameras as people they aren't. Some of them never even finished school.

And yet, whenever the Rosie O's or Alec Baldwins or Susan Sarandons or Woody Harrelsons or Barbra Streisands of the world open their yaps to opine about public policy...people actually listen?!

Not me. No thanks. Screw these traitors. Not a penny for them from my pocket...

Old 09-16-2007, 01:19 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
It is always the leftist in this country that cry hate speech if anyone has a different opinion, surpressing free speech. It is always the leftist that try to control speech, surpressing . It is the leftist that try to take over parental rights, surpressing free speech.
Amen, Sister! To all those Libs that constantly preach tolerance to the rest of us, I always wanna say "Hey, be tolerant!"

Old 09-16-2007, 01:21 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
If those films could help at all to get our poor soldiers to stop being policemen in the middle of the Great Iraq Civil War and help get our finest out of that death zone, I would say God Bless Them.

But our prez has his big ears stuck so far up his ass, worried about his place in hostory, any amount of protest now by the People or the Congress or the World obviously does not change a thing. Those poor guys are stuck over there until 2009 and beyond.

Last edited by bily4; 09-16-2007 at 01:31 PM..

Old 09-16-2007, 01:21 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
It is always the leftist in this country that cry hate speech if anyone has a different opinion, surpressing free speech. It is always the leftist that try to control speech, surpressing . It is the leftist that try to take over parental rights, surpressing free speech. You are confused about what it means to have some respect and loyality when there are those in danger which does not hinder free speech. That is the enemy of logic, rational thought, adherence to the United States constitution, and the American way of life.
Citigirl, you were far more to the "Leftist" side of the political spectrum than I, in fact more than double.

According to your test results you scored: Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.62

Who woulda thunk it.

I am not hindering or even complaining about free speech and I challenge you to show me where I am. Anyone on here is free to say whatever they like, as am I. The manner in which this thread was phrased and worded was completely ignorant, inflammatory, and appeals to pin heads who are emotionally driven and steeped in the ignorance that disagreement with ones personal position equates generalized hate... "YOU" silly leftist

Old 09-16-2007, 01:29 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Citigirl, you were far more to the "Leftist" side of the political spectrum than I, in fact more than double.

According to your test results you scored: Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.62

Who woulda thunk it.

I am not hindering or even complaining about free speech and I challenge you to show me where I am. Anyone on here is free to say whatever they like, as am I. The manner in which this thread was phrased and worded was completely ignorant, inflammatory, and appeals to pin heads who are emotionally driven and steeped in the ignorance that disagreement with ones personal position equates generalized hate... "YOU" silly leftist
Are you obsessed with me or something? Are you compiling some citigirl file? LOL! You actually take some silly internet game seriously? I think our responses will determine who is to the right and who is to the left.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:34 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,147 times
Default Anybody here actually upset that US Servicemen commited rape?

I really haven't heard anyone refute those charges, just get mad that they are talking about them. I don't know if a movie really needs to get made about it (call me crazy, but I go to movies to have a good time, and a film about "rape" isn't exactly my idea of fun, especially when it is a true story), but it is their right to do so (just as complaining about it is a right too). I just find it odd that some folks view the people who are reporting about a crime (with the film being an unorthodox method of reporting) being worse (or at least complained about more) than the people who actually did the brutal act.

And please don't get indignant that it is "distorting the image of what is really going on there"... because please, that is the bread-and-butter of some folks on the right. How many times has the "$15,000 for a statue of Jesus in the artist's urine!?" line been used to try and end the National Endowment for the Arts (which spends only about 1% of it's budget on 'controversial art').

Old 09-16-2007, 01:35 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,310,854 times
I'll be damned... I actually agree with BO for once.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:40 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I challenge you to present one article then...
Google Rank v. Jenkins to read any number of articles about the degree of respect that the right-leaning Bush administration -- sworn as it is to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States -- has for the First Amendment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
BTW, opining that what someone said appears to be helping the enemy is in no way, shape, or form an attempt to take away their first amendment rights... it is simply stating an opinion, which is protected by that same first amendment..the entire point of most of this thread...
I have seen sharp disagreement with <citigirl>'s sentiments. No calls for her to be silenced. She, on the other hand, being right-leaning at the least, has repeatedly stated that there are entire bodies of opinion and patent political speech with which she disagrees that should not enjoy the protection of the First Amendment. Go figure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies