Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:49 PM

146 posts, read 350,089 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many people weighing in on this issue have some kind of coherent ethical framework to work in, or if they're basing their opinions on this issue with no cohesive structure behind them.

I'm not calling anybody stupid, so I'm pre-emptively discouraging anyone from trying to pull that on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphKNS View Post
I wonder how many people weighing in on this issue have some kind of coherent ethical framework to work in, or if they're basing their opinions on this issue with no cohesive structure behind them.

I'm not calling anybody stupid, so I'm pre-emptively discouraging anyone from trying to pull that on me.
What are you looking for?

The law is what it is.

The mom can legally starve them to death.

She's looking for a more humane way to put her kids out of their misery because she wants them out of their misery. Why is starvation the only way to do so and considered more humane than other options?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:25 AM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
GuyNTexas; your post describing your experience duplicated one I had involving my father back in 1988.

Upon diagnosis of liver cancer (spots visible on outside of the liver) he and I along with mum talked at length about his determination to fight this as he'd handled every other confrontation in his life. As a WWII vet who saw action in North Africa, France, Belgium, Holland, Liri Valley and Ortona in Italy and finally in Germany he knew what a fight was and how to prepare mentally for it.

The medical profession had other ideas and immediately started with the morphine protocols on the assumption pain would be unbearable. That stuff made him so darn nauseous he simply resorted to refusing it. His treatmnents were predicated on his cancer being detected while still not invasive but further tests revealed the liver spots were actually evidence of total invasion from within the liver emanating from the primary source, the pancreas.

He was now told he was terminal and the morphine protocol was "most strenuously advised" by hospital staff. He was adamant that his wishes be adhered to in his refusal of morphine until he could no longer stand the pain because he wanted to remain lucid and communicative with us till he could no longer stand it.

In short, his last days were sullied with him having to fight the very people who were tasked with making those days as comfortable for him as possible. They were simply adhering to the 90% rule of treating him exactly as the bulk of other patients; get them sedated, calm and pliable which ultimately makes their nursing work-day day easier and in terminal cases may hasten the end but they're terminal anyway, right?

You have been very charitable to all who engage in this practice but in my mind you were spot on in your assessment that euthanasia IS being practiced and has been for decades, they simply call it medicating!
I think you have the situation measured and decoded pretty well, but believe me, I've maintained a level tone, but I have no charity for those involved, as I consider them serial killing ghouls that should be behind bars, or worse.

Taken one step further ... here we have a situation where a mother wants to put an end to her children's long term entrapment in a vegetative existence, and people want to cry foul based on some twisted distortion of personal morality and ethics, and yet right out in the open, with only the thinnest of veils, we have mass euthanasia occurring, particularly as it relates to the elderly, and no one seems to give a rat's rear end.

But if the whole truth be told, the ENTIRE mainstream medical establishment is a gigantic disease machine, with it's weapon of choice, pharmaceutical drugs, that more often than not actually cause or exacerbate the conditions they are used as treatment for. But it's even worse than that, as this cabal of criminal conspirators have their squad of goons at the FDA protecting their monopoly by outlawing the use of effective natural treatments that actually could cure many of the diseases people suffer from.

And I make these declarations with a great deal of evidence and supporting research that confirms those facts.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:38 PM

37 posts, read 84,165 times
Honestly, I side with the mother here.

And frankly, I would probably end a pregnancy if I learned that my baby would be severe mental problems like ones in this video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies