Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 02:43 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,957,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
I wasn't addressing anything you said specifically

As to your comment about him following him - you have no evidence of that either. He told the non emergency dispatch that he lost sight of Trayvon, and you can tell from his breathing and the wind that he stopped running. Btw, he was running to keep him in sight, no to chase him down.

As to more evidence they might have, the state already admitted at the hearing they had no evidence showing Zimmerman's story about how the fight started was false. I doubt something magical will come out of the woodwork now.
I've always agreed that unless the prosecution has more damning evidence, the case is very weak. I can't count the posts in which I've said this is only a message board and what I think or you think doesn't count when it comes to the law. I believe everyone was surprised when the charge was second degree murder. I don't work in the legal system, but there are only 2 reasons I can think of why Angela Corey would do this.

She is running for re-election and wants to please everyone. So she charged Zimmerman with a serious crime, had him arrested, and will blame it on the law when if he gets immunity. She is not an idiot, quite the contrary. However, Rick Scott appointed her and, if you live in FL, you know he's not very popular. Even when many Republicans were winning just because they had pulses, the 2010 election was very close. So he wants to make this case about the SYG law, since he just appointed a review board to make him look concerned.

or....

She really does have a mound of evidence that hasn't yet been revealed and hopes he will plea down to manslaughter, save the taxpayers the cost of a trial, and everyone will go home happy (except for Zimmerman of course)

Old 04-22-2012, 02:45 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Did the judge say that (in bold)? Please provide a link if so.
Is that your answer for everything?? Go find the link yourself...Judge Lester's comments were pretty clear...

Old 04-22-2012, 02:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Is that your answer for everything?? Go find the link yourself...Judge Lester's comments were pretty clear...
You said it, you support it. That's how it works on CD. I'm guessing you don't want to b/c that's not what the judge really said.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:49 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,971,126 times
Actually, Edward, the one shown so far to be making statements inconsistent with his other statements and the physical evidence at the scene is Zimmerman himself.

[quote=EdwardA;23975673]A wannabe thug IMHO. The girlfriend has a reason to lie or embellish the truth. She was also brought to the attention of authorities by the family attorney. We'll see how well she holds up during cross if the case goes to trial.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I wish you would not type your comments in bold. It makes it difficult to quote you. It's also very childish. I have to remove the [b] so I can highlight what I am quoting, so it's too much work. So, unless you stop doing this, I will need to ignore your comments. I've requested this before. When posters frequently use bold text, upper case, and colors, it's like shouting and saying "look at me" or "what I'm saying is right." It also makes it much more difficult to quote because members can't tell who is saying what. You've even included your personal comments inside my quote when you've used one in your posts, which is wrong. It's tantamount to changing a person's comment. Thank you!
What I find annoying is your constant editing of your posts, sometimes to the point that it does not even match your original post...

Please....Ignore my comments if they cause you such distress....

TY

Old 04-22-2012, 02:57 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,957,689 times
Quote:
IMO, your post implies that GZ was MUCH larger on Feb 26th and somehow lost so much weight in such a short period of time that he looks drastically different...
Well, I guess that's your opinion, but say it when you post. I definitely didn't say he lost 75 pounds, however. Those are your words. I said he was 185 at the time of the booking, according to police records, his family/friends said for over a month that he recently lost a lot of weight due to stress, so it's possible he weighed over 200 lbs on Feb 26. I cannot possibly see how anyone can then post I highly exaggerated and said he lost 75 lbs in 6 weeks. It's not honest. You not only used bold this time, you used bold and upper case when you typed the word "much." Do you shout a lot when you're talking to someone to prove you're right?
Quote:

personal attacks about what style I choose to use in my posts...if the boldness bothers you so much don't read it...
Not a personal attack. In fact, I thought I was being very polite. I even added this emoticon to show that I was simply trying to help. I'm probably not the only person who has given up answering your posts because they are too difficult to follow. Generally speaking, highlighting is used when quoting someone. Otherwise it is impossible to know what specific words I am answering without removing the [b] Also, nobody wants to type a comment and then see it quoted incompletely or with words added by someone else. AFAIK, it's also in violation of the TOS to type words inside another member's comment. That's why we have the quote feature. The only time I ever revise a post by another member is to highlight a word so others know to what I am specifically responding.

I won't reply any more to you. Sorry, nothing personal.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
You said it, you support it. That's how it works on CD.
Please provide the proof...

Old 04-22-2012, 02:59 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,440,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
From Carl Hiiasen's Sunday column on the Zimmerman/Martin case:
Is this Carl guy a lawyer?

Old 04-22-2012, 03:01 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,440,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Actually, Edward, the one shown so far to be making statements inconsistent with his other statements and the physical evidence at the scene is Zimmerman himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A wannabe thug IMHO. The girlfriend has a reason to lie or embellish the truth. She was also brought to the attention of authorities by the family attorney. We'll see how well she holds up during cross if the case goes to trial.
Please list these inconsistencies, thanks.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:05 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,969 times
Quote:
You said it, you support it. That's how it works on CD. I'm guessing you don't want to b/c that's not what the judge really said.
In an earlier post you said that tm's gf said that tm dropped his 'phone' and someone pushed him against a 'fence.' Should I have asked you for a link, following your rule of 'You said it, you support it' ? I don't think eithet 'phone' or 'fence' is accurate.

The judge said--- "The injunction was somewhat mild compared to the injunctions that I'm familiar with and so really what this revolves about is the facts of this particular situation as presented to the court."

CNN.com - Transcripts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies