Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Untrue. It was the funeral director who said that. He (FD) was much discredited by the GZ supporters for saying so in a previous thread.

That video was in no way verified. ABC News, which posted it, called it "alleged".

The FD saw no scrapes or bruising on Trayvon's hands; I'd imagine it's difficult to viciously beat someone's head on concrete and have pristine hands when you're finished. As for the "vicious" beating that GZ's head endured, it's interesting that there were no contusions or "goose eggs"
to be seen.

Image Search Results for goose egg on head

Old 04-24-2012, 08:52 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Until that photo is 'verified,' who took it when, it has the same importance as the 'voice experts'--- zero.

I trust what the cop said in his report--- gz was bleeding from the nose and back of the head, appeared to have grass stains on clothes. For me, it's probable, not merely possible, not up to definite, that tm started the physical fight with a punch to the nose.
The police officer on the stand at the bail deal said he had two gashes on the back of the head. Neighbor had pictures of two gashes bleeding on his camera a couple minutes after the shot.
Probably was Zimmerman's head.
Also there was a report of the medical injuries given to the prosecution by doctors regarding Zimmerman.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
Quote:
Until that photo is 'verified,' who took it when, it has the same importance as the 'voice experts'--- zero.

I trust what the cop said in his report--- gz was bleeding from the nose and back of the head, appeared to have grass stains on clothes. For me, it's probable, not merely possible, not up to definite, that tm started the physical fight with a punch to the nose.
#1 The officer on the stand said there was no evidence that the voice was Trayvon Martin.
#2 The officer on the stand said there was lacerations to the back of the head of Zimmerman, there was powder burns from the gun showing close contact and so forth, all collaborating with Zimmerman.
#3 Officer on the stand says there was NO EVIDENCE that Zimmerman went after Martin after the 911 call. Closest thing to that for the prosecution was a renter in the complex who saw two unidentified shadows running by the rear window of their unit. (SHADOWS)...
Could have been from an Art Bell show...

The prosecutor's case was eviscerated at the bail hearing.

This is a show trial for two reasons, the woman bringing the case is up for election and they hope the blacks who are stirred up by Obama, Sharpton, Jackson, the New Black Panthers and others will calm down enough to not burn up their Section 8 rentals.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:01 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
What a difference in perception 40+ days and legal counsel can make.
This......exactly.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Also there was a report of the medical injuries given to the prosecution by doctors regarding Zimmerman.
Does anyone know when he went to the doctor?

The video of him getting out of the police car was taken less than 45 minutes after he was "beaten to a bloody pulp" and one head bang away from having to be spoon fed for the rest of his life and he looks pretty darn good - getting out of the police car with ease, moving around comfortably, clothes clean.

So, had he seen anyone other than the EMT's at that point? When did he see a doctor and get this medical report we're hearing about?

Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
#1 The officer on the stand said there was no evidence that the voice was Trayvon Martin.
#2 The officer on the stand said there was lacerations to the back of the head of Zimmerman, there was powder burns from the gun showing close contact and so forth, all collaborating with Zimmerman.
#3 Officer on the stand says there was NO EVIDENCE that Zimmerman went after Martin after the 911 call. Closest thing to that for the prosecution was a renter in the complex who saw two unidentified shadows running by the rear window of their unit. (SHADOWS)...
Could have been from an Art Bell show...

The prosecutor's case was eviscerated at the bail hearing.

This is a show trial for two reasons, the woman bringing the case is up for election and they hope the blacks who are stirred up by Obama, Sharpton, Jackson, the New Black Panthers and others will calm down enough to not burn up their Section 8 rentals.
The bail hearing was to determine basically a flight risk (GZ did have to turn in his passport) and if he was a danger to the community. GZ is forbidden from carrying a gun, using drugs or alcohol, and is under curfew. The bail hearing was not for the purpose of the prosecution presenting its case.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:22 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,013 times
Quote:
Are you sure Trayvon had a little/younger brother ? I know he had an older brother who from pics looks decent size himself.

I'll wait for the autopsy, not the funeral director. I can see how this will go. If tm had no bruises or marks on his hands, he probably didn't punch gz. If he has bruises or marks on his hands, he might have punched gz, but only to protect himself.

No blood on gz's clothes is an issue, if in fact there was no blood. Again, I won't go by the jailhouse video. More docs should be released soon, maybe shedding light on injuries/blood.
Actually, he wasn't Trayvon's brother, he was the 14 year old son of his father's girlfriend...

Here's the link for court documents that have been released so far...Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Courts - Brevard and Seminole Counties Florida also WFTV Channel 9 Orlando, Daytona Beach, Melbourne, Central Florida | www.wftv.com usually has the most current court documents and commentary for high profile cases...

Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,013 times
GZ's Notice of appearance, Waiver of Arraignment, Not Guilty plea, Demand for discovery and Jury trial...I'm thinking at this time the attorney is not seeking an immunity hearing, I'm sure that could change depending on the evidence...

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/n...n_vs_state.pdf

Part of the motion refers to this rule...

Pursuant to rule: 3.140 (n) Statement of Particulars. The court, on motion, shall order the prosecuting attorney to furnish a statement of particulars when the indictment or information on which the defendant is to be tried fails to inform the defendant of the particulars of the offense
sufficiently to enable the defendant to prepare a defense. The statement of particulars shall specify as definitely as possible the place, date, and all other material facts of the crime charged that are specifically requested and are known to the prosecuting attorney, including the names of persons intended to be defrauded. Reasonable doubts concerning the construction of this rule shall be resolved in favor of the defendant.

Interesting....

Last edited by tiluha; 04-24-2012 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: additional info

Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
The FD saw no scrapes or bruising on Trayvon's hands; I'd imagine it's difficult to viciously beat someone's head on concrete and have pristine hands when you're finished. As for the "vicious" beating that GZ's head endured, it's interesting that there were no contusions or "goose eggs"
to be seen.

Image Search Results for goose egg on head
Exactly! I don't understand it because if my head was banged on the concrete like he said I would want to go to the hospital to make sure there is no concussion or internal bleeding.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:05 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Sorry... to answer your question regarding the immunity hearing, O'Mara has stated he will make a decision whether or not to invoke a statutory immunity after he reviews all evidence...An immunity hearing can be a slippery slope for a defendant...
How so? Seems to me it's a good thing you avoid the crapshoot of a jury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.