Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 03:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Being a RN you would also understand the definition of "Consent", if GZ was coherent enough to answer questions, LEO and/or EMT's would not have been able to "haul him off" without his Consent...Now, if he was unconscious or had an altered level of consciousness that would be considered "Implied Consent" and then he could have been "hauled off"...
There are ways to encourage "consent". If he had been injured as badly as his brother professes, he would have had an "altered level of consciousness".

Old 04-24-2012, 03:29 PM

179 posts, read 156,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Oh, please. A quote from your link:

"Unless there is additional evidence, Dershowitz believes the second degree murder charge is baseless. Dershowitz added that he does not see any justification for the prosecution to withhold evidence.'

That's a BIG "UNLESS"........of course there is more evidence!

I don't know what Dershowitz is doing saying something like this.....He well knows that the State is not required to turn over their evidence to the defense until 15 days after a demand for discovery by the defense!! The prosecutor is doing nothing out of the ordinary by not putting all their evidence out there in the public at this time.

Maybe he (Dershowitz) just wants payment for an appearance on Beck's show, so he is pandering to the right wingers.

Only problem is Zim's lawyer got the investigator to admit on the stand that they had no evidence to contradict Zim's account for how fight started. So the affidavit was false when it said "Zim confronted Trayvon. That alone supports a perjury charge.

Also, you're making a big assumption this magical other evidence will come out. The prosecution pushed hard for higher bail at the bond hearing and likely would have used explosive evidence of guilt if it had it.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:39 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There are ways to encourage "consent". If he had been injured as badly as his brother professes, he would have had an "altered level of consciousness".
Obviously they were not able to "encourage" him to "consent" and he did not have an altered level of consciousness. Injuries do not always lead to an altered level of consciousness...I believe what Robert Zimmerman stated was George was in fear for his life or of receiving incapacitating injuries...

Old 04-24-2012, 03:44 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
Only problem is Zim's lawyer got the investigator to admit on the stand that they had no evidence to contradict Zim's account for how fight started. So the affidavit was false when it said "Zim confronted Trayvon. That alone supports a perjury charge.

Also, you're making a big assumption this magical other evidence will come out. The prosecution pushed hard for higher bail at the bond hearing and likely would have used explosive evidence of guilt if it had it.
good point

Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
You're generalizing too much. The investigator (not officer) answered only what he had to answer, he did not elaborate, and he revealed as little as possible during his testimony. THAT is not unusual and is the way hearings and trials work. The entire reason for the bail hearing was to explore the flight risk which Zimmerman posed and the danger to the community or to himself. That's why the question about whether or not Zimmerman started the fight was asked; that goes to Zimmerman's propensity to violence and his anger. It was not about self defense. The State may well have other witnesses or physical evidence which shows that Zimmerman was the aggressor, even if Zimmerman is the ONLY PERSON saying that Trayvon started the fight.
Still the investigative officer was under oath and it is part of the trial record.
He stated the injuries of George Zimmerman was consistant with George's story and that there were no witnesses to combat the testimony of George with the exception of some witness who maybe thought they saw two shadows running past their window in the night about the time of the incident.
The investigative officer said there was no evidense George stalked Trayvon and that the injuries to the head was consistant with possibly getting his head hit on the ground with concrete.

They filed this for two reasons.
#1 the woman is up for election.
#2 they want the blacks to settle down (though Obama, Sharpton, Mrs. Obama, Jackson and the new Black Panther party won't let that happen for money and politics). They are trying to prevent a riot of their section 8 housing.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:49 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
So many people have complained that the State has such a weak case based on the Probable Cause Affidavit, seems important that the affidavit itself clearly states that it does not contain all the information the state has about the case.
Excellent point. I don't know if you watch CNN, but Mr. O'Mara was interviewed briefly by Anderson Cooper yesterday, and Anderson mentioned all the criticism of the prosecution and that news commentators, many of them legal analysts, claim the prosecution's case is weak.

As always, I was impressed with O'Mara and his demeanor. He seems like a thoughtful, cautious & strategic attorney who isn't looking to win an Oscar for best actor.

Anyway, his answer concerning the prosecution's case was that he hasn't received all of the prosecution's records and needs time to review the evidence.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Oh, please. A quote from your link:

"Unless there is additional evidence, Dershowitz believes the second degree murder charge is baseless. Dershowitz added that he does not see any justification for the prosecution to withhold evidence.'

That's a BIG "UNLESS"........of course there is more evidence!
The investigative officer for the prosecution said there was none while under oath.
They are going for race baiting, smoke and mirrors.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Amen!
He was cleaned up at the scene and for what ever reason they thought he was fit to be interigated for hours instead of going to the hospital that is true.
They could have killed Zimmerman if his brain swelled or something else from the head being slammed on the ground.
Maybe Zimmerman has a case to sue the police after this is over for not taking him to the hospital.
How much in your right mind can you be after your head was bashed in, really? Should have taken him to the hospital I agree 100%.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
They filed this for two reasons.
#1 the woman is up for election.
#2 they want the blacks to settle down (though Obama, Sharpton, Mrs. Obama, Jackson and the new Black Panther party won't let that happen for money and politics). They are trying to prevent a riot of their section 8 housing.
Your post might have some validity in it or worth a second look if you didn't mention Obama and the New Black Panthers in the same sentence. Obama has never gotten involved in this case, not once. He avoid it until a reporter pressed him on it, so he answered solemnly and compassionately.

Funny that, when asked about Obama, even Zimmerman's attorney said he found nothing offensive about his remarks, but you do.

Riots? Please show me where Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson once talked about rioting or taking any action that wasn't peaceful and legal?

Yes, Angela Corey is up for re-election. Rick Scott appointed her however, and he isn't. However, it's always about politics once politicians get involved, but it doesn't mean she'd charge a man with 2nd degree murder to get votes. It's possible she has enough to get a manslaughter conviction and, in the State of Florida, a jury can convict on the lesser charge. If you recall, they even had that option during the 1st degree murder trial of Casey Anthony. We just have to wait to see how this case progresses.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
The mods should shut down comments and possibly ban people who keep questioning whether Zimmerman's head injuries were "serious enough." It's rude, dishonest, and frankly insulting to any number of people who have been assaulted or suffered a head injury. Its bordering on trolling and is derailing the conversation, which at this point should focus on the possible legal consequences against the prosecution and Zimmerman's legal remedies against the news media.
Nobody knows how serious they were, and we won't until we get a medical report. It's interesting that you don't want to believe the girl the victim was on the phone with, but you want to take the word of a neighbor who claims he took those photos. (is there one of his face?) When these photos are entered into evidence, only then will they be authenticated. Were they mentioned in the bond hearing? Was the EMS report released?

I realize you specifically aren't targeting my comments, but I could ask the moderators to remove your remarks too, but I don't, as long as you aren't in violation of the TOS. Even then, I usually look the other way most of the time. If not, there are hateful posts on these threads that would have been removed, even jokes about a dead teenager. What it sounds like you are really saying is that, if people do not agree with you, their comments should be edited or removed. Do you also feel people who have a certain income, religion or race don't have the right to vote?

By the way, I guess you never read the post I wrote about the several stitches required when a golf club was accidentally swung into my head. There was blood everywhere, even in my eyes. It looked a lot worse than it really was, however. I still have the scar 50 years later. If Zimmerman had serious wounds that required stitches, he will still have scars.

In 2010 (you can even find the posts I wrote after my release from the hospital) I was in an accident and spent 5 days in the hospital. My pelvic bone was fractured and, although my head hit the floor, it wasn't severely injured. In both cases, I never thought about shooting the person who injured me.

I do not know what happened that evening after the 911 call ended and neither do you.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-24-2012 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: fix typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies