Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,389,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The investigative officer for the prosecution said there was none while under oath.
They are going for race baiting, smoke and mirrors.
You're saying the SA Investigator testified that they had no more evidence than is in the probable cause affidavit, that they basically didn't have a case? Is that what you think his testimony was?

WHO is going for race baiting, smoke and mirrors?

Old 04-24-2012, 05:09 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,474,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
[snip]People who were defending Zimmerman before the photos were released, and we only had the police video, were posting that serious head injuries aren't necessarily bloody. One member said he/she didn't expect to see blood if his head was slammed into a sidewalk. Now we're getting comments like "See? His head was bloody!" Did the police always have these photos? If so, it's strange that the prosecution didn't consider them when charging Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder. As I already said, we'll find out when this goes to trial or if the case is dismissed by a judge.
people who convicted gz based on the 1st pics of him and tm and their colors/ethnicity denied that gz had any head injury and some still claim he whacked himself in the head.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,259,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Except that they both hadn't seen George Zimmerman, had they? I didn't watch the videos, since I saw/heard Zimmerman's brother on TV a couple of times and I also heard his father, who was in silhouette. Both were asked if they actually saw George on the night of the shooting or even the next day and they said "he's honest." I never said he wasn't but, unless his father and brother were eyewitnesses, it's hearsay.
They had communication with George, but that is here-say compared to statements given!

If he was almost knocked unconscious there is also reason to believe he would not have been 100% normal while talking with the police. They did not take him to the hospital and that may come back to haunt them. Especially if with a head wound they did an interview without a lawyer present IMO.

The dumb thing that the prosecution hopes George Zimmerman does is go on a computer and to start commenting or communicating with family in any way about this case.
If they want to prove some pre-set racism in this man despite him being a community organizer for blacks and tutoring black kids for free they would be confiscating his computer for a witch hunt at some point if not already.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
some still claim he whacked himself in the head.
They are thinking about what they would do or have done I guess.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You're saying the SA Investigator testified that they had no more evidence than is in the probable cause affidavit, that they basically didn't have a case? Is that what you think his testimony was?

WHO is going for race baiting, smoke and mirrors?
The race baiting is publicly coming from the New Black Panther party, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Mr. and Mrs. Obama.

The smoke and mirrors is the prosecution and their shadow type of evidence where some other renter thought they might have seen two unidentified SHADOWS running near their back area about the time of the altercation.
The inspector officer on the stand under oath wouldn't answer easily any direct question form Zimmerman's lawyer, but he got unzipped and went on record with weapons for the defense after he was done agreeing with Zimmerman's lawyer.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:25 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,359,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Oh, please. A quote from your link:

"Unless there is additional evidence, Dershowitz believes the second degree murder charge is baseless. Dershowitz added that he does not see any justification for the prosecution to withhold evidence.'

That's a BIG "UNLESS"........of course there is more evidence!

I don't know what Dershowitz is doing saying something like this.....He well knows that the State is not required to turn over their evidence to the defense until 15 days after a demand for discovery by the defense!! The prosecutor is doing nothing out of the ordinary by not putting all their evidence out there in the public at this time.

Maybe he (Dershowitz) just wants payment for an appearance on Beck's show, so he is pandering to the right wingers.

It's not just Dershowitz but prominent lawyers across the spectrum. How can you have a charging documents with no mention of anything to do with the immediate run up to the act itself?

Dershowitz opinion conformed with mine. I was flabbergasted that they only listed "struggle". If they had slam dunk evidence they wouldn't withhold it even in the charging document. They would hint at it. This case is being heavily scrutinized and she knows 2nd degree gives the appearance of over charging. Bringing in catch PC terms like 'profiling" which is not illegal is simply not going to cut it.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:26 PM

179 posts, read 156,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
The night of the killing, one LEO wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter but was overruled. On the police report, Trayvon Martin's
cause of death had 4 answers, the first being "homicide" and the last being "excessive force." It is not as cut and dried as you've assumed.

As for the head wounds to Zimmerman, the posters include at least 2 working nurses and a former nurse; the experience and knowledge brought to the discussion are valuable. Since Zimmerman's defense is that he was,
as his brother put it, beaten almost to the point that he'd be left in a diaper and spoonfed for the rest of his life, if the nature of those wounds isn't germane to the case, exactly what is?
As has been repeated ad nauseum on here, you cannot guage the severity of a head wound by appearances. My friend almost died falling off a bike at low speed (skull fracture), and he looked visibly fine.

The relevance of the photos is not how badly he was or was not banged up. Although honestly it looks pretty brutal to me, and I've seen quite a few fights. The relevance is the injuries *completely* support his story of what happened, and support a reasonable fear of imminent death or serious injury. If a dude is on top of you hitting your head in the ground, you're one solid blow away from going from perfectly fine to lifelong diapers. This is indisputable.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:27 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,190,586 times
FYI: GZ's father (Robert Zimmerman, Sr) testified UNDER OATH that he saw his son's injuries the NEXT DAY...Someone mentioned that it isn't so much the injuries sustained that GZ has to prove, but if he was "in fear for his life or serious bodily injury" to support his self-defense claim. (I agree) Eventually the documents will come out that contains GZ's 3-5 statements as well as the witnesses, EMTs and officers on scene, which may or may not clear up some questions.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:27 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,860,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
The night of the killing, one LEO wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter but was overruled. On the police report, Trayvon Martin's
cause of death had 4 answers, the first being "homicide" and the last being "excessive force." It is not as cut and dried as you've assumed.

As for the head wounds to Zimmerman, the posters include at least 2 working nurses and a former nurse; the experience and knowledge brought to the discussion are valuable. Since Zimmerman's defense is that he was,
as his brother put it, beaten almost to the point that he'd be left in a diaper and spoonfed for the rest of his life, if the nature of those wounds isn't germane to the case, exactly what is?
I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, from what I've been reading about the law, the defendant's perception is more important than reality. Do you remember the words used by the reporter when interviewing Mark O'Mara on March 15? I don't know if he'd use the same words now, since he's being careful (of course) not to say anything that harm's his client. However, he admitted the law is absurd.

To other members: [URL="http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Family-of-Trayvon-Martin-wants-FBI-investigation/-/1637132/9326686/-/1x4rcvz/-/"]here is the video.[/URL] Disregard the headlines about the FBI Investigation, since the video is about the "Stand-Your-Ground" law. Mark O'Mara answers a reporter who asks if this is a law that gives people "a license to kill." Listen to his response. Keep in mind that this was on March 15 before he represented George Zimmerman. He was giving his opinion as a Channel 6 legal analyst.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,154,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
two reasons maybe.

#1. He was a very big kid.
#2. he died, the heart stopped and maybe there was no blood flow to the hands to leave things like bruising and swelling?

I don't exactly know or that it is inconsistent.
He wasn't a very big kid in any stretch of the imagination, if his height and weight have been accurately reported. He was tall and lanky.

GZ was big for his size, if his height and weight have been reported accurately.

Your second suggestion is laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies