Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 08:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
We'll have to wait for the initial statement to find out what GZ's says happened. Also, Trayvon's clothing will tell a tale, from what I heard GZ's clothing was not taken/tested (which I find appalling if true).

I can think of a few scenarios of how/why the gun was fired...

I haven't seen anything that substantiates that an officer didn't buy GZ's story, again we'll see...
Ahh, here it is. It was the lead homicide investigator. By March he backed off his claim, but the Special Prosecutor said that a capias had been issued.

According to ABC News and other media organizations, multiple sources had indicated to them that Chris Serino, the lead investigator for the Sanford Police on the night of the shooting, stated in an affidavit that he was unconvinced by Zimmerman's version of events.[57] Based on Serino's affidavit, police sought an arrest warrant for Zimmerman. That request was denied by the Office of the State Attorney for insufficient evidence.[57][58][59]
On March 16, 2012, Serino told the Orlando Sentinel that his investigation turned up no reliable evidence that cast doubt on Zimmerman's account, that he had acted in self-defense. "The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman, and he says the decedent was the primary aggressor in the whole event, everything I have is adding up to what he says."[59]
When special prosecutor Angela Corey was asked by the Miami Herald to confirm that the Sanford Police recommended a manslaughter charge, she stated, "I don't know about that, but as far as the process, I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning; We're through with our investigation and here it is for you." A capias is a request for charges to be filed.

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Ahh, here it is. It was the lead homicide investigator. By March he backed off his claim, but the Special Prosecutor said that a capias had been issued.

According to ABC News and other media organizations, multiple sources had indicated to them that Chris Serino, the lead investigator for the Sanford Police on the night of the shooting, stated in an affidavit that he was unconvinced by Zimmerman's version of events.[57] Based on Serino's affidavit, police sought an arrest warrant for Zimmerman. That request was denied by the Office of the State Attorney for insufficient evidence.[57][58][59]
On March 16, 2012, Serino told the Orlando Sentinel that his investigation turned up no reliable evidence that cast doubt on Zimmerman's account, that he had acted in self-defense. "The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman, and he says the decedent was the primary aggressor in the whole event, everything I have is adding up to what he says."[59]
When special prosecutor Angela Corey was asked by the Miami Herald to confirm that the Sanford Police recommended a manslaughter charge, she stated, "I don't know about that, but as far as the process, I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning; We're through with our investigation and here it is for you." A capias is a request for charges to be filed.

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks....Interesting... Looks like this could work in Zimmerman's favor...

Old 04-24-2012, 08:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Depends on your situation. I think GZ was trying to figure out what the non resident was doing there.
Yes, I agree that he was curious, but he said it was very dark, right? How did he know he was a non-resident? Do people check in with George Zimmerman when they buy a townhouse or sign a lease? The woman Trayvon Martin and his Dad were visiting has lived in the same home for over 4 years. Does anyone know if Zimmerman has met her? Has there ever been a newsletter sent to community residents to check in with George Zimmerman when they have overnight guests? If not, doesn't it mean anyone except the residents he knows by sight is a suspicious person?

There are 263 townhouses in the community. Even Zimmerman admitted he couldn't give his exact location when he was asked for it by the police dispatcher. I doubt if he knows everyone who lives there. If so, why aren't there 200 or 300 people coming to his defense? Just using very conservative estimates, if a neighborhood has 260+ homes, there are probably 500+ people living in it. So far, the only person we've heard from on his behalf from the Retreat at Twin Lakes is Frank Taaffe. I'm sure Nancy Grace, Jane Velez-Mitchell, Dr. Drew and all those media (skip word! lol) would love to interview someone who lives in the Twin Lakes community.

I want to stress, as I've done many times before, I am not posting comments to convict George Zimmerman. I don't know the man or what was in his mind on Feb 26. I don't know what happened after the 911 call ended. This is only a discussion board, has no effect on his case, and sharing ideas is what people do on forums like this.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,497,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Hate to be bringing out my nurse's hat but teenage boys that get into fights often hit their heads on surfaces or by another's hands and don't seek medical attention. They tend to shrug it off unless there are stitches needed or internal injuries. I worked in an ER and have volunteered over the years in high schools. I now do pediatrics
I agree about young kids but Zimmerman is 28.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:24 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Bingo. He wasn't scared but mad at getting caught. He lived a few feet away he could have easily avoided Zimmerman. That's the only logical explanation for is violent response.
You're into Trayvon's head? You got a ouija board channelling heaven?

Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,233,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe, in addition to all his other mighty abilities, he's also clairvoyant.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,192,233 times
Quote:
Don't you remember the press reporting that one of the officers who responded to the scene the night of the incident questioned Zimmerman and recommended to the State Attorney (the first one) that Zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter, and the State Attorney said there wasn't enough evidence and refused? That was why the original SA in the Sanford Circuit ultimately bowed out. I'll google it and see what I can find.

Would you be willing to share some of those scenarios regarding the gun, other than it going off accidentally? I guess my mind may be closed because I can't think of how you could be struggling over a gun with someone and still be able to aim and be certain that the shot would not hit you. Do you think they were struggling and then Zimmerman got control of the gun and had time to aim and shoot before Trayvon could grab for the gun again? Honestly, I can't think outside this box.
I have a theory on how they ended up in the physical altercation, but I'll just skip to the gun part, my theory is that they both had their hands on the gun (on the ground, TM on top), but GZ was in a better position to get his finger on the trigger, (this would very much depend on the trigger action ?? of his gun) I don't think he "per se" aimed the gun, I theorize that the gun was in-between them (chest high) TM would not let go and was gaining more control over that weapon and GZ was able to press the barrel up against TM's chest and pull the trigger. At the hearing it was revealed that TM's sweatshirt had stippling on it confirming a close contact shot...

Old 04-24-2012, 09:34 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
Quote:
Oh, please. A quote from your link:

"Unless there is additional evidence, Dershowitz believes the second degree murder charge is baseless. Dershowitz added that he does not see any justification for the prosecution to withhold evidence.'

That's a BIG "UNLESS"........of course there is more evidence!
This is a very common practice on this forum. It happens when people quote other member's posts as well.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Travon is taller with a longer reach. If Zimmerman does not know how to fight, he would be no match for Trayvon. Trayvon would steady wail on him from a distance. The only way Zimmerman could stop him is lunging in to tackle him or something

This is really all semantics and will have little bearing on the case.
I think where it will have bearing on the case is the part about if you're in fear for your life you have to exhaust every reasonable effort to escape rather than using lethal force. I think the size of each individual, whatever evidence there is from the autopsy as to the position of the gun when it was fired, and as someone else pointed out whether either of them had health issues, or whether Trayvon had alcohol or drugs in his syste, etc., etc., will be explored in trial if it goes to trial.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nope just stating an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.