Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 07:34 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What I find ironic is that while pro-Trayvon supporters are busy trying to minimize his suspensions. His own father was so concerned about his son's troubles that he made his son stay with him during his latest suspension.

I think he had good parents but like I said earlier a lot of these black boys from good homes are attracted to this thug life or persona. It may have been just a phase for him, I guess we'll never know.
Three suspensions, defacing property, drugs, jewelry and a burglary tool seems more than a phase to me. I call that a pattern of behavior suggesting Trayvon wasn't going to follow his big brother's example in doing well and going to college.
Lord knows what drugs already might have done to this kid's brain.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:50 PM

32 posts, read 24,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbaby View Post
it doesn't matter what we all say about this case. the bottom line is zimmerman, a grown ass man, shot and killed a child for no other reason than the fact that he (zimmerman) is a poor ass racist who is pissed off with the rest of the country because he was born not of the elite, just like dale cooper's poor ass. what kind of people raised them?

LOL
Here's another one throwing that stupid race card So Zimmerman has never seen a black guy in his life, TM was the first and he shot him because he was black........are you for real

By the way, you wouldn't have been somebody sharing that pot pipe that TM was caught with would you? Just checkin.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:01 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What I find ironic is that while pro-Trayvon supporters are busy trying to minimize his suspensions. His own father was so concerned about his son's troubles that he made his son stay with him during his latest suspension.

I think he had good parents but like I said earlier a lot of these black boys from good homes are attracted to this thug life or persona. It may have been just a phase for him, I guess we'll never know.
I can't count the number of students I taught over the course of 37 years, right here in Trayvon's Miami, that had similar high school records, yet they we're not 'thugs," just immature, dumb kids.

I am pro-investigating a questionable death before deciding that the shooter is innocent. The "good parents" of this 17 year old deserved better. Zimmerman's trial is not to make you or me feel that our opinions have been validated. It's to give Trayvon's family the satisfaction that their son's death has finally been investigated and adjudicated.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:50 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I can't count the number of students I taught over the course of 37 years, right here in Trayvon's Miami, that had similar high school records, yet they we're not 'thugs," just immature, dumb kids.

I am pro-investigating a questionable death before deciding that the shooter is innocent. The "good parents" of this 17 year old deserved better. Zimmerman's trial is not to make you or me feel that our opinions have been validated. It's to give Trayvon's family the satisfaction that their son's death has finally been investigated and adjudicated.
All this "Trayvon is a thug" stuff is a way for these people to convince themselves that Martin is at fault in whatever confrontation occurred.

We all know that even if George Zimmerman had paid no attention to Trayvon Martin and had minded his own business and gone home that the "thug" Trayvon Martin would have dragged him out of the truck in his driveway and beat him to a bloody pulp.

We all know that the "Thug" Trayvon's sole intent in going out to the 7-11 that night was to find somebody to beat up. Poor George (the innocent, diligent neighborhood watchman) fell into the evil Thug Trayvon's trap.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:58 PM

43 posts, read 37,739 times
i would say i can't believe how stupid some people are but i would be kidding myself if i were to say it. fact truth of the matter is, zimmerman is a liar and has been lying ever since that night he killed that child. his pitiful brother is also a liar and had the nerve to go on tv trying to make people see obvious facts about the case his way (of course in his brother, the murderer's favor). zimmerman's dad should have chose to do what he is doing now and that is stayed his lying a$$ home from get go. talk about scum of the earth "always" being in denial about everything right. zimmerman tracked that boy down that night and killed him. his poor a$$ should pay for the dumb sh#t he did that night. Trayvon's life may not mean much to you all but a life was lost that night, a child, a human being. zimmerman should have mind his own dam business or took an a$$ beating and let everybody go home to see another day. they say he's scared, his PUNK a$$ should be. DAM sissy!

Old 04-20-2012, 12:07 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbaby View Post
Trayvon's life may not mean much to you all but a life was lost that night, a child, a human being.
He'd still be alive today selling weed, stealing jewlery and spray painting walls if he hadn't screwed up and attacked a man who carried a gun for self defense.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:17 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
If Zimmerman had any sort of injury..they would have transported him by ambulance. I am not sure..but it appeared that he had a hood on in the first part of the clip. The last thing you would do with scull lacerations is pull up a dirty old hood over the wounds..He looked like he was walking pretty steady for a guy that should have been assisted if he was hurt...I don't get this whole thing...what a mess.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post

Truancy and lateness suspension; weed baggie and pipe; holding a dozen items of women's jewelry for an unidentified friend and what every student has in school, a screwdriver; writing what the f on a locker; being in unauthorized area.

I agree, not a thug, but worse than an 'immature dumb kid.' Perhaps the acceptance of that type of record as normal or typical is part of the problem.

Most importantly, irrelevant to the night he was shot.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:39 AM

32 posts, read 24,019 times
Found this in article from Miami Herald, "“He had been so looking forward to going to his junior prom, and he had already started talking about all the senior activities in high school,’’ his mother, Sybrina Fulton, 46, said in a voice hollowed and somber. “He will never do any of those things.’’
Read more here: Trayvon Martin: a typical teen who loved video games, looked forward to prom - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com.

OK, so he's looking forward to senior activities in high school. See, lying responses like these are what gets people upset. Why was he suspended for trauncy if he liked school so much? Doesn't make sense, now does it?

I've known kids in HS that played hooky and cut classes, but NEVER knew anybody that got suspended for it. Just shows it must have been numerous times! So if you were looking for great things to do in school, why weren't you going?

Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Photo is out.

George Zimmerman Case: Exclusive New Photo Shows Bloodied Back of Head - ABC News

A VERY bloody head.

Quote:
A new photograph obtained exclusively by ABC News showing the bloodied back of George Zimmerman's head, which was apparently taken three minutes after he shot and killed Trayvon Martin, gives possible credence to his claim that Martin had bashed his head against the concrete as Zimmerman fought for his life.
That smell is the race baiters (media, jesse, al, the Left) narrative going up in smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies