Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 06:43 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,741,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Rueters has a new article about Zimmerman and neighborhood background. Looks like Blacks were terrorizing the neighborhood.

George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting | Reuters
You know, after reading that article, is it any wonder why Z would focus on and be suspicious of young black males?

Old 04-27-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Years ago my Irish friend who liked a good fight..was walking down a very public street...with myself and my girl friend at the time who was had been drinking and was lagging behind...She was a trouble maker and insulted a couple of leather clad thugs standing in front of a bar..

All we heard from behind was "That guy just smacked me"...we turned and a street fight ensued . Myself and my Irish friend rapidly beat the crap out of the two thugs...near the end of the battle my Irish friend could see cruisers arriving..He propped up his limp opponent...held him in a standing position and began to cry out.....HELP HELP SOME BODY GET THIS GUY OFF ME...

Detectives approached my friend and laughed...that the conqueror was playing the victim...anyway they took the two thugs away and set us free..

A shrewd person knows how to set things up...anything is possible.
Wow, you are really reaching a bit aren't you?

Old 04-27-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What was he attacked with that he needed to employ deadly force to defend himself?

He was stalking that kid with a gun after he was told by 911 dispatch "We don't need you to do that".

Did Trayvon shoot him with his skittles?
You are a little late to the disscusion, go back and read through the posts and update yourself. All you state has been disscussed already.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I still dont understand how GZ was allowed to carry a gun with this prior record.
Has anyone posted any facts on this, other than that sanford covered it up?

George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests | Rolling Out - Black News, Celebrity Videos, Entertainment, Business & Politics
Arrests are not prohibitive, convictions are.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,192,233 times
Today's media request hearing will also cover the 200K in GZ's paypal account...

Old 04-27-2012, 07:34 AM

2,118 posts, read 4,160,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Today's media request hearing will also cover the 200K in GZ's paypal account...
Interesting..hadn't heard that..does that mean GZ is a closet ebay shopper?

Old 04-27-2012, 07:40 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Believe it or not, I do. Zimmerman is a victim of this I got a gun bs machismo pushed by the NRA and every gun magazine that I pick up. If feel sorry for Zimmerman who allowed himself to morph into a gun toting vigilante who just didn't understand that taking a life is a whole lot different than fantasizing about it.
Dude, there is no one to blame for Zimmerman's actions except Zimmerman.

I think the "Stand your ground" law is irresponsible and a bit whacky, but that still doesn't put the onus on anyone other than the shooter.

I've owned guns for nearly my entire life. I've read lots of Guns and Ammo. I've been an NRA member. I'm a military vet (US Army Airborne Infantry unit). I've had LOTS of exposure to firearms and machismo.

I have never been anywhere REMOTELY close to considering chasing some kid (who was doing nothing illegal) down and attempting to question/detain him, let alone shooting him.

If Zimmerman is a whack-job, it ain't the fault of magazines, the NRA or even the silly laws of the State of Florida.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Interesting..hadn't heard that..does that mean GZ is a closet ebay shopper?
It's covered in this thread...//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...0k-online.html

Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 AM

Here is the PDF link of his arrests with the written and typed statements...

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_...t_redacted.pdf

Also, here is the link for the documents released so far...

Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Courts - Brevard and Seminole Counties Florida

The documents are not in any kind of order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You are correct. They were closed, not expunged. You can go to the Orange County Clerk of Courts and see the charges. The arrests were in Orlando. The third degree felony charges were reduced with the agreement that he would take an anger management class. That's the reason he was able to get the gun permit.

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

I edited my post because it was much too long, listing the case number, etc., but the charges are listed here

Then click on "All Case Records Search" and enter his name. Click on the case number for additional information.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Thanks.
In PBC FL resisting arrest is an automatic felony with jail time.

In that DV case on his prior I bet there would be info on how he got that charge reduced. Interesting.

He is an adult so "expunged" is NOT possible, or at least it shouldnt be....ever.
Records are only sealed or expunged for juveniles, or if the charges were completely dismissed, which was NOT the case for GZ.
I believe the charge was plea-bargained down to a misdemeanor, then he went to that anger management class as he was a first time offender. I don't know how these adult diversion programs work, but I know a couple of adults who had drug/alcohol arrests who did this and their records are supposedly clean.

The links about the plea-bargaining are in some of the other Zimmerman/Martin threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.