Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 08:06 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Although this certainly has become a big political story, I doubt if that's the reason the victim's parents desperately looked for help when they couldn't get answers to why their unarmed teenager was shot to death while taking a walk. I don't care if he was White with blue eyes and a scholarship to Harvard. Justice is supposed to be blind.

Just to be clear, IMHO Zimmerman is the victim here. Justice is blind, unless a black person that can be used to further the hate is involved. The responders & initial DA looked at the facts & evidence & let him go. Then his parents aided by every black hate group imaginable got the media involved, they marketed this as a killing of a boy by useing a picture several years old, manipulated the 911 call & created enough of a scene that justice went out the window in favor of the debacle that is soon to follow. The answer as to why is the same today as two months ago. Its because he didnt simply stop & explain, instead he ran & then went on the offensive, not exactly the acions of a good kid. But good kids dont get suspended for bringing pot to school and further good parents dont just let such a young man do as he pleases, Its obvious that he lacked sorely needed supervision. His parents, if they should be called that, need only look in the mirror to point fingers of guilt.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:06 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
If so he was the agressor & the shot justified. Theres a difference between being aware & assaulting people. If Trayvon was aware, and I think he was. He was aware that Zimmerman was on the phone, likely to the police, he was aware that Zimmerman was likely a concerned citizen & he thought he was aware he could teach him a lesson. Or maybe he was aware of nothing & just decided to attack. One also has to wonder why a person being stalked at night didnt call the police himself....
You think you KNOW what Trayvon was thinking? How do you do that? Are you 17 years old and have the same life circumstances as Trayvon?

Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You think you KNOW what Trayvon was thinking? How do you do that? Are you 17 years old and have the same life circumstances as Trayvon?
I, unlike Trayvon, was not a scumbag at 17. Does not mean I cannot recognize one.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This is from CNN along with comments. So you need to separate the comments from the actual testimony. Let me know if I missed something. I only was reading the actual testimony, since I can't use my memory to prove what was or wasn't said. I remember when he (the investigator) said there was no evidence showing who started the fight, but I don't remember the investigator saying Zimmerman was not in pursuit of Martin as you claim. I also don't believe that the prosecution wanted to reveal everything during a bond hearing, which is only to determine bail. After all, most people get bail unless they're considered to be flight risks or dangerous.

CNN.com - Transcripts Exactly! Although this has nothing to do with eyewitness testimony, I worked in retail for several years. Once a sales associate who was 5'4" with dark brown hair helped a man find a chair. He came back a week later and insisted I was the woman who assisted him. She walked out of the back room and said "Hello, how are you today?" He looked at her and said, "That's the lady." I'm 5'6" (and shrinking) and have platinum blonde hair. Go figure.
As for eye witnesses, there have been many studies done over the years regarding the unreliability of the memories of such witnesses.

"According to a study published earlier this year in the journal Law and Human Behavior, false eyewitness testimony contributed to 77 percent of the 230 wrongful convictions exposed by DNA evidence over the last decade (the number of exonerations has grown since the study was conducted). These of course are only those cases for which DNA testing was available, which are usually murder and rape cases—crimes for which, generally speaking, there is also usually other evidence available. In crimes where investigators are more likely to rely only on eyewitnesses, robberies or muggings, for example, it’s likely that the problem is even more pronounced."

Eyewitness Testimony on Trial - Reason.com

Even wikipedia has something on this issue because it is so common:

The Innocence Project, a non-profit organization which has worked on using DNA evidence in order to reopen criminal convictions that were made before DNA testing was available as a tool in criminal investigations, states that "Eyewitness misidentification is the single greatest cause of wrongful convictions nationwide, playing a role in more than 75% of convictions overturned through DNA testing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyewitness_identification

Old 04-28-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I, unlike Trayvon, was not a scumbag at 17. Does not mean I cannot recognize one.
It seems to me you may be mistaken about your powers of perception. We all have our biases.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Yes, or a space alien could have done it.
Is this the same space alien who created his web site? A quote from his web site "The Real George Zimmerman" created April 9.

“I have created a Paypal account, solely linked on this website, as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and to ensure that any funds provided are used only for living expenses and (my) legal defense, in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment. I will also personally maintain accountability of all funds received.”

So which is it, please? Did he lie to all the supporters to whom he was so grateful or lie to the judge? He is either accountable or he's not. He only wanted enough to pay for his "inability to maintain employment." So he was making over $200,000 a month? Strange that he's so broke.

Gosh, this man can do nothing wrong, can he? He can say in writing that he personally will maintain accountability of all funds received but then say he didn't have access to the funds or was unaware of its contents. He also said (and I quote) that the money was for his "legal defense" which means bail, doesn't it? Guess he didn't understand what bail is.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Justice is blind, unless a black person that can be used to further the hate is involved. .
What does that mean? And are you blaming his parents for having a black child?

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 04-28-2012 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Wow whogo! Your calling someone a scumbag who you don't know? What has Trayvon done to hurt you? Why are you so angry?

Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post

No proof he was pursuing him. In fact he was retreating to his car when he was confronted by Martin who doubled around the buildings to attack him.
It is not a fact that he was retreating. It is what he said and of course the kid he killed can't talk. Just because Zimmerman says so doesn't make it so.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Yeah, maybe rolled off of him was not the best term, but witnesses after the shooting said Zimmerman kind of moved him away, rolled him off is either the impression I got or what I read from a while ago; and being he was half knocked out and thought Trayvon could have a gun, he never tried to do CPR (not that I know he was trained for it).
Big, bad gun toting NW captain doesn't know CPR? Shame on him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies