Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 09:04 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
So long ago that it was in the initial thread on this subject, and that was thousands of posts ago.
so your answer is, you don't know, but are perfectly willing to take the word of what appears to be a blogger on some website no one's ever heard of.

Quote:
Those of us who've followed this case from the onset find it frustrating to have to continually explain our positions and look up links for newbies, or people who log in occasionally and make comments that are incorrect or just plain lies.
i'm neither a newbie nor someone who 'logs in occasionally and makes comments that are incorrect or just plain lies.'
my goodness, i seem to have touched a nerve

just because i don't have the hundreds upon hundreds of trayvon posts that you have racked up by no means indicates that i have not been following these threads fairly closely. if you don't know when the toxicology report was released, or even if it actually was released, just say so

Quote:
Regardless, as you can tell by the link, it hasn't been a secret.
no, i can't tell much at all from anissa brown's story, which is hardly impressive. and i've looked high and low for an actual news story documenting this supposed release of information, but haven't been able to find it - although there are dozens and dozens of instances where they say it has not been released.

so, if it truly hasn't been a secret, as you claim, it should be a drop-dead cinch for you to produce a story documenting this fact from a reputable source [i.e., not some blogger on HULIQ].

so, feel free to do so.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What are anonymous's credentials?

Another analysis from a drunk I met in a bar, "Ya HAVE TO BE AN IDIOT TO THINK ZIMMERMAN IS GUILTY."
How would you explain how his body got to be like it was with Zimmerman's story?

Old 04-29-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
His job as watch captain might be to report suspicious activity but his job as a human being is to stay alive. When someone attacks you and gets on top of you then begins beating you then the "job" is to stop that person from killing you.

Zimmerman did what he had to do, it's not something he wanted to to do nor is it something that had to happen but that wasn't his choice.
He did what he wanted to do and now he is on trial for it.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Hollow point rounds are standard for any law enforcement and most people like myself who conceal carry for self defense. I want maximum stopping power with the least number of rounds as possible and I want to know that the bullet I fire in self defense doesn't harm any unintended person who might be in the area. A standard round nose target round would go right through a person whereas a hollow point won't.

This is a .40 hollow point round before/after.
I hate to be a nag, but are those hollow point bullets easy to buy at any gun supply store?

Now, I have a much better mental picture of what the scene looked like in terms of blood. I was thinking that the wound would have been large because it was so close.

Also, had Zimmerman been using just a regular bullet, is it possible the bullet could have just gone through Trayvon and not killed him, if, of course, it didn't go through his heart or any major arteries?

Old 04-29-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, these injuries were so severe he did not need stitches.
or a bandaid!

Old 04-29-2012, 09:17 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Zimmerman wanted to survive being attacked like most people would.

He's on trial because the typical race pimps want to use his situation to push their agenda.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:19 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Quote:
Hopefully !!

Old 04-29-2012, 09:20 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times
Quote:
Hollow point rounds are standard for any law enforcement and most people like myself who conceal carry for self defense. I want maximum stopping power with the least number of rounds as possible and I want to know that the bullet I fire in self defense doesn't harm any unintended person who might be in the area. A standard round nose target round would go right through a person whereas a hollow point won't.

This is a .40 hollow point round before/after.
Wow interesting, thanks for posting. I've heard about hollow points, but I didn't realize that one of the purposes for using it was to avoid injuring an unintended target...

I just asked the question if CCW license holders were required to holster their guns, but I found out it's not required, just needs to be hidden from view. I also asked the question about how his weapon worked, but I also found out that it could be pre-set (correct term?) to fire...

GW did have a holster and I'm curious if he did initially have it in his holster how difficult would it have been for him to retrieve it while in a struggle?

Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I hate to be a nag, but are those hollow point bullets easy to buy at any gun supply store?

Now, I have a much better mental picture of what the scene looked like in terms of blood. I was thinking that the wound would have been large because it was so close.

Also, had Zimmerman been using just a regular bullet, is it possible the bullet could have just gone through Trayvon and not killed him, if, of course, it didn't go through his heart or any major arteries?
Hollow point bullets are pretty standard ammo available anywhere you can buy ammo or guns. The entry wound of a bullet fired at close range is going to be pretty small, it's moving at it's fastest and it never has a chance of getting thrown off spiral by wind or anything like that.

If Zimmerman had been using a regular bullet it's possible it would have entered and exited without doing life threatening damage but it's a crap shoot. A non hollow point bullet can still sever a spine or destroy a heart/lung causing death. A normal bullet could also go through a body and easily kill another person, that's one of the main reason for hollow point rounds.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
or a bandaid!
His neighbors reported seeing him with bandages and bruises a couple days after the attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies