Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 09:37 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If a gun is difficult to retrieve from a holster it's not a very good holster.
George Zimmerman was carrying a Kel Tek PF9 9mm concealed handgun, it's a very popular, affordable concealable weapon that a lot of people carry. It's only available in double action and it's capable of holding 7 rounds in stock form.

Right, I just watched a youtube video about it...it's also very popular because it's lightweight and can be easily tucked into your waste-band...the only issue people have had is the mags falling out...

PF9 Kel-Tec - YouTube

Sorry if I'm going too far off topic...

Old 04-29-2012, 09:40 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
So long ago that it was in the initial thread on this subject, and that was thousands of posts ago. Those of us who've followed this case from the onset find it frustrating to have to continually explain our positions and look up links for newbies, or people who log in occasionally and make comments that are incorrect or just plain lies. Regardless, as you can tell by the link, it hasn't been a secret.
Honestly, the one doing that the most in this thread is you. And interestingly, Katina has already admitted that she knows some of the things you are posting are false, yet she has not taken the time to correct you, which I don't totally understand.
The toxicology report has not been released. End of story. You're completely wrong about that.

Quote:

It's worth noting that one officer wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter the night of the killing, because he was so inconsistent in his accounts of the events.
Here's a direct quote from the police about that:

Some news agencies have reported that Sanford's lead investigator, Chris Serino, wanted Zimmerman charged with manslaughter that night but Wolfinger's office put a stop to it. The city of Sanford issued a statement saying that is not true.
Serino said his investigation turned up no reliable evidence that cast doubt on Zimmerman's account – that he had acted in self-defense.
"The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman, and he says the decedent was the primary aggressor in the whole event," Serino told the Sentinel March 16. "Everything I have is adding up to what he says."
Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman: Trayvon Martin's family asks for Department of Justice review of State Attorney and police chief - Orlando Sentinel

Quote:
Exactly...how many "thugs" are still in school at 17, have no criminal record, play organized sports and are A-B students with the desire to go into areonautics after high school?
Also not true, the teacher who claimed he was an A/B student (which the blogs later changed to "Honor Roll") also claimed he was on a 5 day suspension for "tardiness." When, in fact, he was on a 10 day suspension for having a majiuana pipe and residue in his backpack.
Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

I understand that you made up your mind early and are not willing to consider any of the corrected information that has come out since, and that's your right. The ones above being just a few of many examples.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-30-2012 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: do not call another member a liar

Old 04-29-2012, 09:41 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
backspace, you may want to explain what DAO is...
Good point.

DAO or Double Action Only means that when the slide is pulled back to load a round the hammer is also pulled back and the gun is "cocked". A single action only hand gun means that you physically have to pull the hammer back to **** it for the first round, each round fired after that will automatically **** the hammer as it slides back ejecting the spent brass.

GZ's Kel Tek 9mm is DAO, based on what we know he was carrying it loaded which is the only real smart way to carry a concealed handgun as proven by this story specifically.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:44 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
It's not the smallest by any means but it's small enough to easily conceal carry, lots of people like it because it's a well built gun and it's not extremely expensive.
That gun in the hand photo looks small to me. Pictures of guns with no reference points always look huge to me!

So it's small, well built, and affordable. Thanks for all that info. It is very helpful when trying to visualize some of the technical things going on. I honestly thought Trayvon probably had a huge gunshot wound and could not imagine why there was no blood.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Right, I just watched a youtube video about it...it's also very popular because it's lightweight and can be easily tucked into your waste-band...the only issue people have had is the mags falling out..
Most people who regularly conceal carry a firearm aren't going to carry anything in their waistband, I've done it but it's not something I would ever trust. I have a number of holsters for my Sig P238, that's my daily concealed carry weapon and I can easily carry it in a pocket or in a holster without anyone ever knowing. I've carried daily for years and I've never exposed my concealed handgun unknowingly.

The Kel Tek is a nice weapon but it's on the cheaper end of the scale, it's a very nice beginner gun for someone looking for cheap protection.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so your answer is, you don't know, but are perfectly willing to take the word of what appears to be a blogger on some website no one's ever heard of.

No, I don't remember...there's a difference. Although the official toxicology report hasn't been released, it was reported that Martin's body had been tested. Apparently this blogger saw it just as I did; neither of us have a motive to create a narrative. It was posted early in the first thread.

i'm neither a newbie nor someone who 'logs in occasionally and makes comments that are incorrect or just plain lies.'
my goodness, i seem to have touched a nerve

Nor have you been a consistent poster in these 5 threads. I have no clue as to why you think that a nerve has been touched, but if it pleases you to believe that then go right ahead. I merely noted that the repeated
questions and requests for links can be tiresome for those posters who would prefer to spend their time learning more about the case and the legal system in Florida and in general.

just because i don't have the hundreds upon hundreds of trayvon posts that you have racked up by no means indicates that i have not been following these threads fairly closely. if you don't know when the toxicology report was released, or even if it actually was released, just say so

Again, apparently I'm not the only person to have seen that contention made; it's possible that it was included briefly on an official document; those haven't been widely published, but rather have been buried by all that is more current.

no, i can't tell much at all from anissa brown's story, which is hardly impressive. and i've looked high and low for an actual news story documenting this supposed release of information, but haven't been able to find it - although there are dozens and dozens of instances where they say it has not been released.

Other people have seen the same information, or it would never have been included in anyone's account of the events. Try searching this thread for a link to the official documents that have been released; maybe you'll find it there. It's unfortunate that you weren't "impressed" with Ms. Brown's work, but I doubt it will alter her career. She certainly wouldn't have made such a public contention without having seen the assertion, as I did.

so, if it truly hasn't been a secret, as you claim, it should be a drop-dead cinch for you to produce a story documenting this fact from a reputable source [i.e., not some blogger on HULIQ].

so, feel free to do so.
I'm not here as an instructor, I'm a poster. If you feel the need to know more, there is a wealth of information in this thread. There are at least 2
posts that include a link to a timeline of the incident that's written by an attorney and coordinates the Zimmerman call with other evidence; that's most helpful in getting caught up. There's also a good link to an article by the same author regarding Florida law and how it applies to Zimmerman.
It should be a drop-dead cinch for you to find them and give them a thorough reading...they weren't posted 2 months ago, but are closer to this point in the thread. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Honestly, the one doing that the most in this thread is you. And interestingly, Katina has already admitted that she knows some of the things you are posting are false, yet she has not taken the time to correct you, which I don't totally understand.
The toxicology report has not been released. End of story. You're completely wrong about that.
thank you.

makes this bit from evenstar all the more hilarious:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51
Those of us who've followed this case from the onset find it frustrating to have to continually explain our positions and look up links for newbies, or people who log in occasionally and make comments that are incorrect or just plain lies.

from the LA Times:
Quote:
The Volusia County Medical Examiner's office, the body that "independently, objectively and scientifically determines the cause and manner of death under certain circumstances," handled the autopsy.
For now, that report remains under seal, spokesman Dave Byron told The Times. It has been forwarded to the Seminole County branch of the Florida state attorney's office and won't be made public while the investigation is pending.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:49 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
That gun in the hand photo looks small to me. Pictures of guns with no reference points always look huge to me!

So it's small, well built, and affordable. Thanks for all that info. It is very helpful when trying to visualize some of the technical things going on. I honestly thought Trayvon probably had a huge gunshot wound and could not imagine why there was no blood.
Watch the youtube video I just posted it shows a good visual of the size...I didn't watch the whole vid it's pretty long, just enough to get an idea of what the gun is about...

Old 04-29-2012, 09:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Good point.

DAO or Double Action Only means that when the slide is pulled back to load a round the hammer is also pulled back and the gun is "cocked". A single action only hand gun means that you physically have to pull the hammer back to **** it for the first round, each round fired after that will automatically **** the hammer as it slides back ejecting the spent brass.

GZ's Kel Tek 9mm is DAO, based on what we know he was carrying it loaded which is the only real smart way to carry a concealed handgun as proven by this story specifically.
So, would he have had to have it loaded everytime he went somewhere for self protection? I mean if he just had the gun with him and it was not loaded, he would have to stop and "load" it before it would shoot, even though there may be bullets in the gun?

And when the gun is loaded, all he has to do is pull the trigger. But he could have the gun with him but not loaded, yet bullets would be in the gun. I'm confusing myself here.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

I carry a Sig P238 .380 which is a slightly smaller round than the 9mm that GZ carried.

This is what I carry daily, it's just a little smaller than a Kel Tek 9mm

98% of the time I carry it in a waist band holster on the inside my pants and hooked into my belt like this. With a shirt tucked in it's invisible, it's even better with a coast or jacket over it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies