Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 11:58 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
He was talking to some random girl, it's not Trayvon's girlfriend and her story didn't come out until she was worked over by the race pimps who had an agenda.

To me it seems unlikely that Martin would have been chased down and shot by Zimmerman but somehow ended up on top of Zimmerman beating him before getting shot.

Actually, they were sufficiently close that when she learned that she was the last person to speak with Martin, she had to be hospitalized due to the trauma. If nothing else, she was a good friend. I don't know what "race baiters" are, nor what they would do to convince her to lie. She hasn't been interviewed by the media, and it seems that her family is shielding her from the spotlight.

Trayvon Martin: new evidence contradicts killer's self-defence claim, family says | World news | guardian.co.uk

Somehow the two met, and their resulting argument was heard by many residents before escalating into someone screaming for help. I don't believe that there was a dramatic chase scene, nor that Martin circled back...the truth is somehere in between, I suspect. And again, there are conflicting reports about who was on top; there are witnesses for both possibilities. I understand from your posts how hollow point bullets work;
wouldn't a chest wound have resulted in a great deal of blood spatter?
I'm curious, because there are major blood vessels as well as the heart and lungs themselves in the chest cavity. Had Martin been on top of
Zimmerman, would there not have been visible blood spatter, even though most of the damage was internal? It seems like the vast blood supply to the heart and lungs would leave some visible residue.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:59 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to change your words. I'm trying to keep up with the numerous insults on this board. I should have gone back to search for your post. I will go back and get the exact post.
No need, this is what I said...again I do know that hollow points are designed to cause significant injury, what I didn't know is they are also designed not to exit the target...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Wow interesting, thanks for posting. I've heard about hollow points, but I didn't realize that one of the purposes for using it was to avoid injuring an unintended target...

Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Okay, so you were talking about the fact that other types of bullets might stray. I see. I misread your post. However, what I wrote is still true about the damage they cause to the human body. They were banned over 100 years ago by international law and they are still banned in many other countries.

It's all good...it would seem we're all cross posting

Old 04-30-2012, 12:03 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Okay, I see now what I did. So you were talking about the fact that other types of bullets might stray. I misread your post. However, what I wrote is still true about the damage they cause to the human body. They were banned over 100 years ago by international law and they are still banned in many other countries.
They were banned for military use.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:08 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
They were banned for military use.
Yes, that's what I said "by international law." What else would I mean? I also said they were banned by use in the military in another post.

This kind of discussion is against the TOS on City-Data so I will need to stop responding to you, so I do not get an infraction from a moderator.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
It's all good...it would seem we're all cross posting
Exactly! I thought you said "to prevent damage" because the board was moving at record speed at that point and I was trying to catch up on all the comments.

Still, I'm old so I remember when hollow point bullets were in the news a lot back in the early 90s. Actually, that's not very long ago, is it? I guess it depends on one's age. About 20 years ago they were very controversial. No matter what another poster on this board claims, they were commonly called "Cop Killers." Whether or not the term was correctly used by the media or even Hollywood is irrelevant.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
At least you waited a few pages to get upset and throw down the obligatory race card, that's refreshing.
Bigotry and racism are two different things...it can include being intolerant of people who don't agree with you.

Bigot | Define Bigot at Dictionary.com

Old 04-30-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Bigotry and racism are two different things...it can include being intolerant of people who don't agree with you.

[url=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigot]Bigot | Define Bigot at Dictionary.com[/url]
Thanks. I don't remember using the word racism.

In this case I was referring to anti-gun laws. Funny, I have never once written that guns should be banned. I didn't even say anything about hollow point bullets except that they were designed to cause more harm to the human body and were often referred to as cop killers. All of that is true. In fact, there has been a lot of the same misleading rhetoric about the current administration. I've met people who think they're going to wake up one night to black helicopters landing on their rooftops to sneak into their homes to take away their guns.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And that is something GZ did not do, according to witnesses.
I've wondered about GZ not checking TM, however it could be attributed to shock, but I have to admit it disturbed me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I'm uncertain as to the importance of whether George Zimmerman had an official capacity or not in terms of the criminal trial; it may be of greater importance if or when there is a civil case brought by Martin's family. It's very clear from all posted sources that "Neighborhood Watch" means just that: You watch and report. As for it being Zimmerman's duty, being a neighborhood watchman doesn't fall under the Good Samaritan Act, as that specifically refers to rendering aid to someone who's injured or ill.
The Good Samaritan Act differs from State to State...

GZ is not an EMT, Nurse, Doctor, etc. so he does not have a "Duty to Respond" even if TM was ill or injured...

Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I don't remember using the word racism.

In this case I was referring to anti-gun laws. Funny, I have never once written that guns should be banned. I didn't even say anything about hollow point bullets except that they were designed to cause more harm to the human body and were often referred to as cop killers. All of that is true. In fact, there has been a lot of the same misleading rhetoric about the current administration. I've met people who think they're going to wake up one night to black helicopters landing on their rooftops to sneak into their homes to take away their guns.
You didn't mention race. It was attributed to you, however, and used incorrectly. I'm thinking that a good book sounds good about now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies