Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Since nobody has figured out how to read minds yet, there is no proof he lied about anything. When you are not directly asked a question, how could you lie?
Got it...zimmerman thinks he's 22 years old.
Peter Pan syndrome, maybe?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:09 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
But, zimmerman did NOT say 'late teens, early twenties', did he?
A few years younger than him would cover that wouldn't it? Man, you guys are splitting hairs here. A court caes of this magnitude would never revolve around such grade schooling tactics.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Got it...zimmerman thinks he's 22 years old.
Peter Pan syndrome, maybe?
Just admit it, you are completely desperate here.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:10 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Well the trial hasn't even started yet and Zimmerman is already proving to be a liar.

While testifying recently in court, Zimmerman decided to "apologize" to Martin's parents. During his "apology" he said- "I didn't know how old he was, I thought he was a little younger than me". Zimmerman is 28.

Depends on your definition of a little.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
A few years younger than him would cover that wouldn't it? Man, you guys are splitting hairs here. A court caes of this magnitude would never revolve around such grade schooling tactics.
As I said before...perponderance of evidence...

How dumb does one have to be to even think that would be the strongest evidence?

Who has stated that the trial will REVOLVE around this particular part of the 911 call? (other than you?)

Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I don't understand how could he be walking back to his car when the body was found between two buildings. This means that he was still following Trayvon between the buildings and trayvon was not stalking him
Here's an interesting read:

Walking While Black: The Killing of Trayvon Martin | Common Dreams

[quote] Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee has defended his department’s decision not to arrest Zimmerman. They bagged Martin’s body and took it away, labeling him a “John Doe,” even though they had his cellphone, which anyone, let alone law enforcement with a shooting victim, could have used to easily identify a person. They tested Martin’s corpse for drugs and alcohol. Zimmerman was not tested. Neighbors say that Zimmerman loaded things into a U-Haul truck and left the area. [end quote]

Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
If delusional semantics and a strict personal definition of the term "a few years younger" is all you have against George Zimmerman he's going to remain a free man just like he should.

George Zimmerman did what he had to do to save his own life. If you're old enough to get on top of someone and beat their head against the ground you're plenty old enough to take a 9mm round to the chest and pay for your mistakes.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
As I said before...perponderance of evidence...

How dumb does one have to be to even think that would be the strongest evidence?

Who has stated that the trial will REVOLVE around this particular part of the 911 call? (other than you?)
They way you and a few other people are acting, I'd have to point and chuckle at you guys.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:20 AM

[quote=Evenstar51;24110206]Here's an interesting read:

Walking While Black: The Killing of Trayvon Martin | Common Dreams

Quote:
Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee has defended his department’s decision not to arrest Zimmerman. They bagged Martin’s body and took it away, labeling him a “John Doe,” even though they had his cellphone, which anyone, let alone law enforcement with a shooting victim, could have used to easily identify a person. They tested Martin’s corpse for drugs and alcohol. Zimmerman was not tested. Neighbors say that Zimmerman loaded things into a U-Haul truck and left the area. [end quote]
Nothing interesting or groundbreaking in any of that. According to you, the police can just pick up a cell phone and know automatically the first and last name and address of the victim. It doesn't work like that. The phone has to first be logged in as evidence, then LATER they can use it to find next of kin or a friend to ID him. Dead victims are ALWAYS tested for drugs and alcohol, it's called a toxicology report. I've never seen or heard of the other party being tested.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:21 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Hot Damn, we've solved the case!!! A Neighborhood Watch quote from 2,000 miles away with no revelance to the case? That's all we needed for the last missing piece. Clearly Zimmerman is guilty, fry him. (I don't think I've ever used the head smack smiley before, but the nonsense of all the NW quotes truly deserves one.)

Any private citizen has a right to report possible crime in their neighborhood. And anyone with a CCW permit has a Constitutional right to carry a gun. (And as shocking as it is to believe, the Constitution is superior to NW guidelines.)
No one has a right to assault another person. So the question here is who assaulted whom? And that's what we will find out in court.
You're right, those individual items are not against the law; however, when you put them all together, they could add up to an illegal action. The question is when is deadly force legal....when someone "assaults" you. Florida law regarding what constitutes "assault" is interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies