Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

I don't understand all the excitement about this case. I mean, we have the Daniel Adkins case (Man walking dog shot, killed at Taco Bell after stepping into drive-through lane) where an unarmed man is out walking his dog. Another man shoots him from the safety of his vehicle, and is not charged with a crime. On the face of it, this is a pretty blatent case of abuse of self defense laws. The guy wasn't getting his head smashed into the ground or nose broken, just for talking to police. He was in the safety of his car, where he is both protected, and has the chance to just drive away. Yet there is no outrage. No calls for mobs to "demand justice". Minimal media coverage of the entire event. And, since he "wasn't charged" the media isn't even releasing the shooters name. Where is the outrage over the mis-carriage of justice in this case? Why does this man get away with murder?

Demand justice for Daniel Adkins.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
ok, I'll spin his myspace comments in favor of gz.

1. the assault of the cop--- "2 felonies dropped to 1 misdemeanor!!!!!!!!!!! The man knows he was wrong but still got this hump. Thanks to everyone"

Isn't he saying the cops, prosecutor, state, knew the police report and felony charges were bull ? I don't know what 'but still got this hump' means. I don't blame anyone for !!!!!!!!!! 2 felonies to a misdemeanor. I'd !!!!!!!!!!!! beating a speeding ticket.

2. domestic violence--- "Im still free! The ex hoe tried her hardest, but the judge saw through it! Big Mike, reppin the Dverse security makin me look a million bucks, broke her down!"

Again, sounds like he's calling the woman's charges false or not the whole story. Like it or not, among many people the word 'hoe' is pretty common, especially referring to a negative experience. I'm still having trouble with 'that sucks' or 'you suck' being acceptable language. I'd have expected the b word.

3. Mexicans --- Harder to spin the Mexican comments, except that the killing wasn't of a Mexican. Maybe he thought tm was Mexican ?
I think the myspace page confirms Zimmermans character that many are conversing about.

I don't think he thought Martin was Mexican. I don't think anyone does. I do believe in spite of being from a multi-cultural family, he has some issues in this case with Mexican American stereo types that doesn't benefit him with his charges of 2nd degree murder with acusations of racial profiling.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I always have to laugh at that "Media Bias" photo, because the person who made it obviously has extremely poor eyesight. The boy in that photo doesn't look one bit like the actual Trayvon Martin, and it's even funnier that millions of people thought it was him, too.

Get some glasses, America.
Yes. The people who are saying this is Trayvon are looking through the eyes of R Limbaugh. Normal people could care less. That picture doesn't change the facts of the case.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
My above comment points out that, if the only accessible sites are those portraying him as the upstanding, law-abiding, quiet family guy that his attorney wants the public to see, it's "advertising" his client, not showing the facts of the case.
Are you serious? Have you visited the websites for CNN, ABC, NBC, et al?

Mainstream "news" sites have been editing information to make him look guilty and racist. Are those sites not available? They are hidden somewhere?
Have you visited the FB page? They are allowing criticism of Zimmerman and are not allowing people to say disparaging things about Trayvon or his family.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Are you serious? Have you visited the websites for CNN, ABC, NBC, et al?

Mainstream "news" sites have been editing information to make him look guilty and racist. Are those sites not available? They are hidden somewhere?
Have you visited the FB page? They are allowing criticism of Zimmerman and are not allowing people to say disparaging things about Trayvon or his family.
I would say that establishing a internet presence for Zimmerman was a smart decision.

Zimmerman can actually see what people are thinking about the case. They can also manage public opinion better than people getting their news through media.

The media has put some things in place to go against Martin as well. Fox even went as far as putting up pictures of a gangster looking teen without verifying it was Martin. Thanks to social media, many of Martins peers denounce the picture. We have to start holding the media accountable for responsible journalism regardless of who benefits.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:18 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I don't understand all the excitement about this case. I mean, we have the Daniel Adkins case (Man walking dog shot, killed at Taco Bell after stepping into drive-through lane) where an unarmed man is out walking his dog. Another man shoots him from the safety of his vehicle, and is not charged with a crime. On the face of it, this is a pretty blatent case of abuse of self defense laws. The guy wasn't getting his head smashed into the ground or nose broken, just for talking to police. He was in the safety of his car, where he is both protected, and has the chance to just drive away. Yet there is no outrage. No calls for mobs to "demand justice". Minimal media coverage of the entire event. And, since he "wasn't charged" the media isn't even releasing the shooters name. Where is the outrage over the mis-carriage of justice in this case? Why does this man get away with murder?

Demand justice for Daniel Adkins.

Were the police involved in the coverup? Did he request help from civil right activist? You have to reach out in order to be noticed in this world of injustice

Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
According to the Miami Herald, this page was confirmed to be him. Highlights of the page contain Zimmerman making disparaging comments against Mexicans and referring to his ex-girlfriend as a "ho". The page was from 2005, making GZ about 22-years-old at that time.

George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com
Thanks, Nairobi...interesting indeed, and not really surprising. I wonder what this comment from Zimmerman's Myspace page means...maybe a reference to drugs? It's certainly not about alcohol...he was over 21.

[quote] I can hit my boy up to handle a lil somethin with my sister and he's at my house with his boys on bikes before i hang up with her! They do a year and dont ever open thier mouth to get my ass pinched.[end quote]

At any rate, he exhibits some of the same behavior that so many people have demonized Martin for. What a puzzling comment that is that I quoted.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Were the police involved in the coverup? Did he request help from civil right activist? You have to reach out in order to be noticed in this world of injustice
Yes, the police are involved in a coverup. They haven't collected any evidence, and are withholding the name of the murderer. The victim's family has reached out for justice, but none is forthcoming.

It's a shame NBC won't get behind this case, fabricate some 911 calls and lie about "following after being told not to", and post some pics of the victim when he was 12. And that some of the race panderers (Sharpton/Jackson) don't have the integrity to actually stand for justice and civil rights. Must not be a buck to be made in this case.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I agree, it is a double standard. I think it was interesting that he made those posts about getting out of those previous charges. That was NOT SMART. Additionally, what it told me was there's a good chance Zimmerman may have spent some time "studying" Florida laws regarding assault during that time.
It does not hurt if your father was a judge either

Old 05-02-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I always have to laugh at that "Media Bias" photo, because the person who made it obviously has extremely poor eyesight. The boy in that photo doesn't look one bit like the actual Trayvon Martin, and it's even funnier that millions of people thought it was him, too.

Get some glasses, America.

Naw, they all just look alike even to immigrants
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies