Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Yes I realize that he was a magistrative judge but like I said his connections are really unknown.

Oh crap never mind I was thinking about expungments, thanks for the info
True, the behind-the-scenes connections are really unknown at this time. Just my opinion regarding any influence he had was because his father was a magistrate in Virginia. IMO, it would be more likely because of his high level military background; perhaps some in the Sandford police department or city officials would be former vets or very pro-military.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:57 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree with this, but I still think his father & mother probably know the right people to call and have some influence. He even mentioned his parents in his application for the Citizen's Police Academy in 2008 and that was 4 years ago when he was 24.

"My father is a retired Magistrate Judge for the Supreme Court of VA and my mother was a Deputy Clerk of Courts for over 20 years."

Just an aside: Regarding his MySpace page, he could have used that immediately to prove he was not a racist. Obviously he knew it would harm him because of the negative image of him it portrays. However, I find it interesting that he would rather stir up a lot of rumors and hatred about his motives than post a few photos from an old MySpace page. Maybe it's because he's bragging that

"2 felonies dropped to 1 misdemeanor!!!!!!!!!!

or talking about a Domestic Abuse case like this:

"Im still free! The ex hoe tried her hardest, but the judge saw through it! Big Mike, reppin the Dverse security makin me look a million bucks, broke her down! Thanks to everyone for checkin up on me!"

..or maybe he's just not too bright. However, his attorney is very clever and crafty. I mean O'Mara first said to the press that all web sites would be shut down because they could be damaging to his client. Then he learns one raised over $200k in only a couple of weeks and decides to create more of them. Interesting, huh? So he changed his tune and is now saying that "social media in this day and age cannot be ignored, and it would be, in fact, irresponsible to ignore the robust online conversation."
Re the assault on a cop, gz wrote "The man knows he was wrong but still got this hump..." Though I don't know what 'but still got this hump' means, The man knows he was wrong means to me that the cops, prosecutor, state, pressed bull felony charges against him. I don't blame him for !!!!!!!! the reduction to a misdemeanor.

The mutual restraining orders, what's wrong with 'bragging' that --- 'the judge saw through it!'...

There's not a spec of evidence to support the notion his parents had any influence over the court dispositions. None.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Re the assault on a cop, gz wrote "The man knows he was wrong but still got this hump..." Though I don't know what 'but still got this hump' means, The man knows he was wrong means to me that the cops, prosecutor, state, pressed bull felony charges against him. I don't blame him for !!!!!!!! the reduction to a misdemeanor.

The mutual restraining orders, what's wrong with 'bragging' that --- 'the judge saw through it!'...

There's not a spec of evidence to support the notion his parents had any influence over the court dispositions. None.
Okay. You don't think it was stupid to brag. Okay. Your opinion.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Different states have different state laws. Texas laws are different from Florida laws.
There wouldn't even be a case now if this happened inside Zimmerman's home or even outside of it. He rents a townhouse on the other side of the development. Shooting someone during a home invasion or carjacking almost always gets dismissed. If I was getting into my car with bags of groceries and someone put a knife to my throat or threatened me, I'd have every right to blast away. That's what the Castle Law says in Florida.

Perhaps you didn't see this video. Please ignore the picture of Trayvon Martin, since the video is not about an FBI investigation. Just click on the arrow where it reads "play." It's a very brief interview with Zimmerman's attorney from March before he took over the case, when he was a legal analyst for an Orlando TV station. I doubt if he would agree with the reporter now that it's a license to kill. We're not even sure he will use a SYG defense.

[URL="http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Family-of-Trayvon-Martin-wants-FBI-investigation/-/1637132/9326686/-/1x4rcvz/-/"]Mark O'Mara Talks About SYG Law[/URL]

I changed the name of the link so readers will know what it is, since the headline doesn't match the video.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:25 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
I suppose if he knew what would happen in 2012, it'd be stupid. Otherwise, probably anyone who's beat a speeding ticket has 'boasted'. 'Boasted' seems to be the media word for the !!!!!!! in his blog, so it's boasted instead of happy, yahoo !!!!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The partial police report that was on the Sanford website is available at this link---

Metro - Police report reveals George Zimmerman was bleeding after Trayvon Martin shooting

The full report still isn't public.
Thanks, jazzarama...too bad it's only a partial report. The full report was posted
before Zimmerman's arrest; I suppose it will be some time before we're able to see it again. Perhaps it will be entered into evidence once the trial starts.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
It's also a matter of class too. I mean, not only wouldn't I brag about getting 2 felony assaults reduced, but I wouldn't want anyone to even know about them. To me it shows he's bragging that he got off. I see no fear in these entries. The same way we saw no remorse when he shot Trayvon Martin, he isn't upset at all that a woman with whom he lived for years filed charges of domestic abuse. He's just happy the "hoe" didn't get her way.

Funny, the same people kept knocking Trayvon Martin for possibly smoking a little weed or posting a few slang words at age 17, probably to look cool, but Zimmerman gets a pass.

When the Martin family wanted to stop people from exploiting their dead son's image, posters here called them greedy and even implied that they were enjoying the fame and trying to make money from their tragedy. All I've seen are 2 grieving parents. His mother looks as if she's always holding back tears. Yet when we learn Zimmerman made over $200,000 in a couple of weeks and didn't disclose it in court, there are dozens of posts defending his actions. It's just too obvious. (and I don't need to say what "it" is)

Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Zimmerman's father was not that kind of judge. My thinking is that maybe Zimmerman's father knew some people in the SPD on a personal level. You don't have to be a judge or attorney to have some behind-the-scenes influence.

As for felonies being changed to misdemeanors in cases, it's not such an infrequent thing. That is usually negotiated between the prosecutor and defense counsel, agreed to by the defendant, a plea entered before the judge. When there are plea agreements, and a plea entered, there are a series of questions the Court asks the defendant regarding their state of mind and whether or not they were coerced to take a plea. Those things are pretty well covered because guilty pleas cannot be appealed.
Actually, I thought it was pretty common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I remember there was a case in Texas, where a couple guys broke into this guys' neighbors house, and he shot them both. He got cleared of all wrong-doing.

So Freaking what? This shooting didn't take place in Texas, and Trayvon was NOT committing a crime. He wasn't even in the process of committing a crime.

If we take a previous point talking about people chasing after shoplifters, and how it is against company policy. Well why is it against company policy? Is it because it is stupid to chase after shoplifters? If you ran a private business, and someone came in and stole from you, wouldn't you want to chase them?

The reason why its against company policy is actually because, if the employee gets injured or injures someone else, the company could be liable if they didn't have that policy.

Provide some documentation. I thought it was b/c basically, the property is insured, and not worth a life.

<snip>

Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
If I remember correctly the Casey Anthony case had quite a few revealing document dumps...

Side Note: FancyFeast, what are your thoughts about GZ's myspace comments regarding his past cases, do you thing the prosecution can show cause|relevancy to utilize the "Williams Rule"?
What I noticed, from reading the statues myself, especially assault, and from reading some of the reported statements made by Zimmerman at the crime scene and shortly thereafter, was that his reported statements seemed to be almost specifically "crafted" to fit those statutes in terms of "defending" himself. Then when I looked at the myspace page, and the posts made, it seemed to me that surely he had studied those statutes back when he was in trouble for those offenses the first time. I didn't go back and pull up the reported statements made regarding the Feb 26 incident, and do an analysis, that's far too much like "work" for an internet forum, but the connection in my mind seemed really strong.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Actually, I thought it was pretty common.
It is fairly common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies