Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Earlier in this thread, someone posted the police report of the event you are speaking of and it clearly stated that the Zimmerman was interfering with the officer questioning Zimmerman's friend and that the officer showed him (Zimmerman) his credentials and informed Zimmerman that he was a police officer and continued to question Zimmerman's friend. It was then that Zimmerman pushed the cop causing the cop to place him under arrest. I have seen you take the word of cops before on this site, yet you are taking the word of Zimmerman right now when the police report clearly stated that the officer informed Zimmerman he was an officer before the pushing occurred.

I don't know where you get this from. There are conflicting accounts and like I said earlier in this thread, why are you believing someone who admitted that they killed the victim and who has a history of being a hot head. I don't believe him just because he has lied continuously since killing Martin, but I guess a history of lying and violence is not enough for some people to not trust the person with said history.
If everything the cop said is true, gz shrugged away, pushed his arms, and was handcuffed after an undescribed brief struggle.

The dv incident was she hit him, he hit her, mutual restraining orders granted.

Judge Lester calld the cop incident a run-of-the-mill type run-in with the alcohol and beverage agents, fairly common, and the dv as somewhat mild. He ignored both in setting bond.

Events to be proud of ? Nope. But 'a history of violence' is way overboard and is used intentionally to portray gz as someone with a nasty rap sheet. Sort of like people who describe tm as a thug

Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I believe him because we have witness statements that support a portion of the events he said. In particular the witnesses who saw Trayvon beating up Zimmerman before he was shot. Coupled with Zimmerman's saying Trayvon is approaching him I tend to believe Trayvon not only initiated contact but threw the first punch.

Of course the last sentence is speculation on my part but the witness statements are not.

Also I'm not sure where you are getting conflicting reports from, the prosecution has admitted they do not know who started the "struggle". So we only have one version of events of the start of the verbal and physical exchange between the two. So there can be no conflict.
And we have eyewitness statements that contradict Zimmerman's (and his father's and brother's) accounts. We have eyewitness accounts of a man in a white shirt, when there was no such person. We have contradictory statements such as Trayvon covering Zimmerman's mouth yet Zimmerman being heard (allegedly) screaming for help. It was a "dark and stormy" night out there. Most people, from what I have read, did not have their back porch lights on. Visibility, in other words, was limited.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And we have eyewitness statements that contradict Zimmerman's (and his father's and brother's) accounts. We have eyewitness accounts of a man in a white shirt, when there was no such person. We have contradictory statements such as Trayvon covering Zimmerman's mouth yet Zimmerman being heard (allegedly) screaming for help. It was a "dark and stormy" night out there. Most people, from what I have read, did not have their back porch lights on. Visibility, in other words, was limited.
You're right, a 911 caller said the guy on top's wearing a white t-shirt. Though neither tm nor gz wore white, I'd say tm's gray hoodie matches more than what gz wore. No 911 caller contradicts that.

When gz's statements become public, we'll know what he said about the mouth covering. Until then, note that people can do different acts at different times. Scream, then Attempt to cover mouth.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:45 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
And we have eyewitness statements that contradict Zimmerman's (and his father's and brother's) accounts.
Such as? I don't take into account the brother's or father's version since it is hearsay.

Quote:
We have eyewitness accounts of a man in a white shirt, when there was no such person.
Then it would appear those witnesses are not credible it doesn't necessary contradicts "John's" statements.

Quote:
We have contradictory statements such as Trayvon covering Zimmerman's mouth yet Zimmerman being heard (allegedly) screaming for help.
Did the 911 calls cover the whole length of the fight? It is quite possible he did cover his mouth and then resumed pummelling him. You need two hands to beat someone up.

Quote:
It was a "dark and stormy" night out there. Most people, from what I have read, did not have their back porch lights on. Visibility, in other words, was limited.
"John" actually had a verbal exchange with Zimmerman as he was getting beaten. Again it would appear that the other witnesses including one that saw "shadows" racing by her window aren't that credible, doesn't mean "John" or the 13 year old boy's version of events are incorrect.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
And we will never have Trayvon's account.
Probably due to his own choices.

There are tons of kids 12 and up doing remarkably criminal and dumb things these days. Like Trayvon there is usually a pot or other drug connection.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:49 PM

9 posts, read 11,545 times
Hi ive been lookin at this stuff and got a day off, one of the coments in this stuff says its the martin guy on the tape at 133 so i had a look and i think it is whats goin on first the martin says at 133 , you can call, like...you got trouble mister and then somebody says.you been followin him ? with a question type tone and then martin says in answer some kind of fighten talk
are you guys slow or somethin, therres three people all the cops and everybody are playin you guys cause they know you like all the fussin about a story..i'm not educated and wrok 60 hours so if somebody is mean then your ignoralled.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cnn-...ial-slur-used/

Last edited by penlope; 05-06-2012 at 01:22 PM..

Old 05-06-2012, 12:51 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
I believe him because we have witness statements that support a portion of the events he said. In particular the witnesses who saw Trayvon beating up Zimmerman before he was shot. Coupled with Zimmerman's saying Trayvon is approaching him I tend to believe Trayvon not only initiated contact but threw the first punch.
Since Trayvon broke a nose, I would bet that was the first punch and that he took Zimmerman off guard.
The main thing you can do to dictate winning a fight is to be the one starting it. More than likely with Trayvon on top, he probably initiated the fight. Later when Zimmerman had his life threatened he initiated his gun. So Trayvon won the fight, but lost the battle.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:24 PM

9 posts, read 11,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Since Trayvon broke a nose, I would bet that was the first punch and that he took Zimmerman off guard.
The main thing you can do to dictate winning a fight is to be the one starting it. More than likely with Trayvon on top, he probably initiated the fight. Later when Zimmerman had his life threatened he initiated his gun. So Trayvon won the fight, but lost the battle.
why did u ignorall my thinkin

Old 05-06-2012, 01:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Such as? I don't take into account the brother's or father's version since it is hearsay.

Then it would appear those witnesses are not credible it doesn't necessary contradicts "John's" statements.

Did the 911 calls cover the whole length of the fight? It is quite possible he did cover his mouth and then resumed pummelling him. You need two hands to beat someone up

"John" actually had a verbal exchange with Zimmerman as he was getting beaten. Again it would appear that the other witnesses including one that saw "shadows" racing by her window aren't that credible, doesn't mean "John" or the 13 year old boy's version of events are incorrect.
Seems you are putting all your confidence and faith in one witness whose sworn statement has not been published publicly, and he has not been challenged in a deposition by the defense at this time.

Btw, the jury ultimately decides which witnesses are credible and which aren't. For example, say, if the witness John turned out to be very good friends with Zimmerman, or very close to Zimmerman and his wife, then that could very well affect the jurors' perception of his credibility.

And, of course, you have not had the benefit at this point of all or any of the forensics reports, plus you may have a negative bias toward Trayvon.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
^^ Among the many reasons eye witness testimony is known to be very unreliable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies