Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 01:56 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
That is a good example. Especially if you are hunting outside hunting season, the bear getting the better of you does not negate the fact that you were wrong to be hunting the bear in the first place
Yeah and the injuries to the hunter we're so minor that a couple of Bayer aspirin took care of the pain.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:59 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If you are a hunter and you are tracking a bear and the bear gets the best of you, how is it the bear's fault that you got your azz handed to you?
If you want to talk about hunting start a new thread, it has nothing to do with this thread since hunting involves someone tracking an animal with the sole purpose of killing it while this case is about self defense against a violent animal.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:03 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If you want to talk about hunting start a new thread, it has nothing to do with this thread since hunting involves someone tracking an animal with the sole purpose of killing it while this case is about self defense against a violent animal.
Are you calling the kid a violent animal?

There's no evidence that the boy had a violent background.

If you're stalked by a fat guy in a car with a gun would you simply stand there and allow him to shoot you without confronting him stalking you?

Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

If you're stalked by a fat guy in a car with a gun would you simply stand there and allow him to shoot you without confronting him stalking you?
Martin was never stalked, he was seen beating HZ before he was shot in self defense. The hunter in this situation got shot rightfully before he could kill his prey or rob him.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Bottom line is, to determine who is responsible for starting and escalating the situation, as to whether or not SYG can be applied here. If Z backed off and TM attacked him with no or very little provocation and got the upper hand, then Z may have been well with in the SYG guidelines.If he was being being beat as bad as he says, then with SYG he had no duty to find an avenue of escape. That is the major thing with this law, no duty to retreat makes it easier to defend ones self without having to worry about being wrongly prosecuted by overzealous DA's.
That is the stupid thing about SYG. That is something extraneous to the information that is NOT contested.

what we know:
1. Z followed M when told not to
2. Struggle occurred
3. Z shot and killed M

now just knowing this does that sound like SYG applies to you?
I think not. We need more facts. The facts need to be tried and a ruling be given by a judge or jury. Like I said SYG gives the defendant immunity from prosecution, so how would SYG apply in your case?

The police didn't even interview witnesses, how are they to know who cooled off and who accelerated/ flamed the fire, and whether or not Z had the right to stand his ground. I mean there is too much leeway given to the police. Are they gonna just take the word of the defendent?

If I don't like my neighbor can I just corner him on the street, start an altercation and when things heat up can I just shoot him and say I had a right to stand my ground??? BS!!!!!

Fact of the matter is a trial of the matter needs to be done, which means it is regular self defense and not SYG. And that is what the family has been seeking in the first place- that someone is tried for the killing of their son. The MOm even concedes that it may have been a mistake and that Z might not be a bad man, but common, an unarmed Boy just walking gets killed and no trial??? BS

The biggest fact of all:
Trayvon would have been alive if Zimmerman was not stalking him

Old 05-08-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

They are always trying to make the victim the bad guy.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
That is the stupid thing about SYG. That is something extraneous to the information that is NOT contested.

what we know:
1. Z followed M when told not to
2. Struggle occurred
3. Z shot and killed M

now just knowing this does that sound like SYG applies to you?
I think not. We need more facts. The facts need to be tried and a ruling be given by a judge or jury. Like I said SYG gives the defendant immunity from prosecution, so how would SYG apply in your case?

The police didn't even interview witnesses, how are they to know who cooled off and who accelerated/ flamed the fire, and whether or not Z had the right to stand his ground. I mean there is too much leeway given to the police. Are they gonna just take the word of the defendent?

If I don't like my neighbor can I just corner him on the street, start an altercation and when things heat up can I just shoot him and say I had a right to stand my ground??? BS!!!!!

Fact of the matter is a trial of the matter needs to be done, which means it is regular self defense and not SYG. And that is what the family has been seeking in the first place- that someone is tried for the killing of their son. The MOm even concedes that it may have been a mistake and that Z might not be a bad man, but common, an unarmed Boy just walking gets killed and no trial??? BS

The biggest fact of all:
Trayvon would have been alive if Zimmerman was not stalking him
That last "fact" would be a lot more powerful if you were telling the truth.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
They are always trying to make the victim the bad guy.
Hardly, George Zimmerman did what I would expect anyone to do if they were attacked by a violent thug.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Yeah and the injuries to the hunter we're so minor that a couple of Bayer aspirin took care of the pain.
When did GZ say that?

Old 05-08-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Hardly, George Zimmerman did what I would expect anyone to do if they were attacked by a violent thug.
sad that you have no respect for a dead kid, who might be totally innocent.

it is appalling how you are characterizing the victim.

I bet it is because the kid was black. If so it is a shame that people who think like you still exist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies