Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 02:35 PM

140 posts, read 94,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
And this has what to do with the night in question? If you want to bring up the past criminal history that has some relationship to that night you better not look at zimmerman's past
It will be standard defense strategy to put Trayvon's character and lifestyle on trial. If those allegations are true in the post you were responding to, it could reflect on the jury's decision.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:35 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
[quote=theredsnowman;24328988]It is very proper, correct and quite accurate to assume that anybody attempting to obtain a concealed carry permit or already has one is indeed suffering from some sort of mental illness or is actively engaged in an illegal activity. It is quite unfortunate that the vast majority of legal gun owners are insane criminals, but it is because of this undeniable fact that we must begin taking guns away from people. [quote=theredsnowman;24328988]

Preserved for the sheer ignorance of this statement. Please do share with us where you gathered this nugget.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:37 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
wow...this tripe is still going on.

A child is dead.

I still find it interesting that Treyvon is called a Thug due to school suspensions, BUT Zimmerman is a victim with clean hands and he has has an actual criminal record for violence. smh
What crimes have Zimmerman been convicted of? Please list them.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:38 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Zimmerman has an arrest record and a history of violence against others, including police officers and women.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:39 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Zimmerman has an arrest record and a history of violence against others, including women.
So merely being arrested is an indication of guilt. Good to know, I'll file this post away for future use.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
He's just using some of the silly logic some of your bretheren are using to try and convict this man when the evidence is pretty clear this was a justifiable homicide.
Remember that when someone profiles your younger brother and aggressively pursues him for existing while black.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
fasle (that's false for better typers)

he was suspended (considered a punishment) 3 times
Punished, yes. Who didn't get punished in school? He did not even have a juvenile record, as far as I can tell. Trayvon's "paper trail" did not make him a thug.

Zimmerman, OTOH, has an arrest record, and a record of violence (his ex gf got a restraining order on him), and now, it turns out, a history of ADHD.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
If - if - Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, why did he? Might it have to do with Zimmerman following him from behind and provoking a confrontation?

Do you think that simple action of following someone is justification for a physical attack? Provocation is the the action of circumstances to which reasonably results in the reaction. Are you saying "following" someone is justification for such? More specifically, following someone on publicly accessible and legal land?

Old 05-16-2012, 02:57 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I always wondered why there were no pictures of him by the police/EMT right after the "assault". My biggest question is if his head was being bashed as badly as his brother said he should have been sent to the hospital with a possible concussion. Once there he would have been given xrays and a BAT and pictures would have been taken as well. As far as anyone knows he could have some self afflicted wounds. Don't laugh, because if you know that you are facing some serious jail time why would'nt you do anything to make yourself less guilty?
I wouldn't discount the possibility that before leaving the police station, the racist cops punched gz to help bolster his story ? I'm also wondering if racist, vigilante, mentally unstable gz saw tm carrying skittles and iced tea and set out to rob him ?

Old 05-16-2012, 03:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
One of the medications is a sedative. Zimmerman should not have been driving if he was under the influence of this medication let alone carrying a loaded weapon! Perhaps that is why Zimmerman refused an immediate hospital work up, because it would have included blood tests!
Yes, I always did wonder why GZ did not go to the ER that night. IIRC, one account said he refused transport. Apparently he had something to hide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Now comes word that George Zimmerman's great grandfather is an African-American, and that AG Eric Holder tends to charge him with a hate crime, for which he can be executed if convicted.
Please provide a link for your assertion about Eric Holder.

The Peruvian GF does not look black, he looks hispanic in the grainy black and white picture that we've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
.................................................. .................................................. ................TIRESOME.

Let the court figure out what is going on.
Then do not participate in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Too much said.

A hunter does not allow his prey to attack him before killing it. Zimmermen was a concerned citizen trying to protect his neighborhood when he was viciously attacked.
Crock of compost! He was on his way to Target, which seemed to require him to take his gun. He was in no way doing anything for Neighborhood Watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Both seem to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tragedies happen...Courts will decide!
I'm sure you'd blow it off like that if one of your family members were killed in such a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I know nothing about how trayvon acted

sorry but facts dont support you...I was not taling about the day he died...but the days/weeks/years before

fact travon was suspened from school for possession ......certainly an action...

fact trayvon was ALSO suspened for graffiti and possession of burgulry tools and possible stolen good...certainly an action

fact trayvon was ALSO suspended for truency...certainly an action..of a punk

trayvon attacked zimmerman..zimmerman defended himself and trayvon is dead
Posession is not an action. The only action was the truancy, and that hardly makes one a thug.

Quote:
I'd love to know what you did when you were a kid. By your standards, lots of kids are punks who deserve to die.
If - if - Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, why did he? Might it have to do with Zimmerman following him from behind and provoking a confrontation?

And you've been dancing animatedly on his grave ever since.
Exactly. I remember way back in the 60s, my father and some friends were talking at a church function. They all agreed that some of the stuff they did as kids would be considered juvenile delinquency in the 60s.

Quote:
His ex girlfriend obtained a restraining order against him for domestic violence. It expired when she did not renew it.

What crimes has Trayvon been convicted of? PLease list them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies