Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times

Advertisements

Isn't Zimmermann on record saying that he pursued Martin?

punks always get away was his statement?

If that's the case the idea Martin being the aggressor is totally backwards

Old 05-17-2012, 02:14 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,348,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If George Zimmerman's head had been BANGED and/or SLAMMED into the pavement, he would have had more than just those superficial scratches. His injuries are not consistent with his story. Where are the medical records showing that he received treatment for these life threatening wounds inflicted by TM?
Can you like, help us all out by letting us know where you went to medical school? Because you sure seem to know a lot about what the results of various physical confrontations would be or what injuries should/should not be treated.

On second thought, no, you don't. As anyone who has actually been in a significant fight could tell you.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
None of the pro-Zimmerman people can answer the following questions which go to the incident NOT being self defense...

1) If George Zimmerman believed that his life was truly in danger and that he acted in self defense, why did he apologize to Trayvon Martin's family? I wouldn't apologize for killing someone who was trying to kill me, so why would he apologize.
Common decency, he's a young man and events spiraled out of control that should not have. I;ve always maintained Trayvon did not deserve to die. I wished Zimmerman would have pistol whipped him or something. Or the neighbor that witnessed part of the fight intervened. Still that doesn't mean Zimmerman is guilty of murder.

Quote:
2) Why did George Zimmerman keep saying, "I'm sorry. I didn't know he was a kid." If he was acting in self defense and this kid was truly a threat to his life, why would it matter that TM was a kid, right?
Are you talking about his response months after the shooting at the bail hearing? His psuedo apology has nothing to do with the case. Once again you're grasping which means you have once again departed from the realm of logic.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:23 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/us...-missteps.html

The Martin case was hindered by police blunders, says NYT.
Oh well not the defense's problem. Maybe the family has the basis for a civil suit against the department?

I think they would have a good case against whoever released Trayvon's schools records. That's about the only good civil case they have at the moment.

I know they're suing the HOA who knows maybe they can extract a settlement from them. Although to me I don't see how the HOA is responsible. Zimmerman can walk around the development armed as a private citizen.

If Trayvon's murder is deemed justifiable Zimmerman can't be sued civilly.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:23 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Can you like, help us all out by letting us know where you went to medical school? Because you sure seem to know a lot about what the results of various physical confrontations would be or what injuries should/should not be treated.

On second thought, no, you don't. As anyone who has actually been in a significant fight could tell you.

Ok, but I'm trained in the field and I question the wisdom of letting someone who has suffered traumatic head injuries go home without professional medical observation (hospitalization). When anyone goes through what he supposely had, pictures should have been taken and test (xray/labs) should have been done as well. If things happened the way zimmerman claimed he could have possibly suffered from a concussion which could have been life threatening.

The interesting thing will happen when the EMT takes the stand, and I doubt very seriously that he/she will lie to protect zimmerman and lose their EMT license.

I also think that you are missing the point, his whole arguement is based on that he was fighting for his life and shot Trayvon in self defense. Minor abrasions verses a concussion which would you kill someone over?

Old 05-17-2012, 02:25 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,756 times
If accurate, the medical report obtained by ABC “is a game-changer,” says Harvard University law professor Alan Dershowitz, who suggests prosecutors acted inappropriately by not referencing the extent of Zimmerman’s injuries in their sworn affidavit to the court.

“A jury that’s not afraid of causing a riot, an objective jury, is not going to convict somebody of second degree murder after his nose was broken, eyes blackened, and his head banged against the ground,” he says.

“The prosecution’s best case is that Zimmerman provoked Martin, absolutely improperly followed him, and confronted him,” Professor Dershowitz adds. “But as a result of that, a battle ensues and Martin’s on top, banging his head against the ground, and [Zimmerman] reasonably believes that his life is at stake and pulls out the gun. It’s classic self-defense, and if it’s not self defense, it’s at worst involuntary manslaughter.”

Report: Trayvon Martin beat, bloodied George Zimmerman. Game-changer? - CSMonitor.com

Old 05-17-2012, 02:41 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Common decency, he's a young man and events spiraled out of control that should not have. I;ve always maintained Trayvon did not deserve to die. I wished Zimmerman would have pistol whipped him or something. Or the neighbor that witnessed part of the fight intervened. Still that doesn't mean Zimmerman is guilty of murder.
Careful about suggesting that Zimmerman could have pistol-whipped Martin; I suggested that last night and was soundly admonished for suggesting that there may have been an alternative to simply shooting Martin in the chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Are you talking about his response months after the shooting at the bail hearing? His psuedo apology has nothing to do with the case. Once again you're grasping which means you have once again departed from the realm of logic.
Everything that Zimmerman has said to LE will be usable by both the defense and prosecution, including his remarks at the bail hearing. What Zimmerman said speaks to his perception of Trayvon Martin, and that is essential to this case and any others that may ensue as a result of the death of Martin...that's simple logic. If Zimmerman didn't perceive Martin as a threat, why did he call dispatch to report him? By even Zimmerman's own account, Martin had done nothing more than walk slowly; never was there a suggestion that Martin was engaging in any unlawful activities. So why Zimmerman perceived Martin as a threat speaks directly to his actions that night; the complex was multi-ethnic, so why exactly did Zimmerman see him as a threat?

Old 05-17-2012, 02:50 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
If accurate, the medical report obtained by ABC “is a game-changer,” says Harvard University law professor Alan Dershowitz, who suggests prosecutors acted inappropriately by not referencing the extent of Zimmerman’s injuries in their sworn affidavit to the court.

“A jury that’s not afraid of causing a riot, an objective jury, is not going to convict somebody of second degree murder after his nose was broken, eyes blackened, and his head banged against the ground,” he says.

“The prosecution’s best case is that Zimmerman provoked Martin, absolutely improperly followed him, and confronted him,” Professor Dershowitz adds. “But as a result of that, a battle ensues and Martin’s on top, banging his head against the ground, and [Zimmerman] reasonably believes that his life is at stake and pulls out the gun. It’s classic self-defense, and if it’s not self defense, it’s at worst involuntary manslaughter.”

Report: Trayvon Martin beat, bloodied George Zimmerman. Game-changer? - CSMonitor.com

All that will not mean a hill of beans if they confirm that zimmerman was at a safe enough distance that he was no longer in danger but shot Trayvon anyway

Old 05-17-2012, 03:11 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
All that will not mean a hill of beans if they confirm that zimmerman was at a safe enough distance that he was no longer in danger but shot Trayvon anyway
Safe distance?? LOL . . .^^^911 calls negate this.

Zimmerman was screaming for help while TM was beating him up and immediately thereafter the shot was heard.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Safe distance?? LOL . . .^^^911 calls negate this.

Zimmerman was screaming for help while TM was beating him up and immediately thereafter the shot was heard.

The screams were Trayvon Martin's.

People seem to think that it was unreasonable for TM to defend himself from a strange man who was stalking him on his way back home from buying Skittles and iced tea. Trayvon Martin had no idea what GZ's intentions were towards him, so why wouldn't he have tried to fight off GZ in his own self defense? And if GZ's gun was visible, then I am sure that TM fought even harder. So GZ's injuries do not back up his claim of self defense.

And for the sake of argument, where did GZ have his gun?
Did he point his gun at TM to get him to stop walking away in the beginning?
How was GZ able to access his gun if Trayvon had him on the ground?
Did TM see the gun and decide that he needed to fight for his life?
Was GZ on top when he shot TM?
Wouldn't be obvious to GZ that TM didn't have a weapon since he didn't display one at anytime during the altercation nor did he have one on his person?
GZ had to realize that TM was unarmed because TM did not use a weapon during the incident.

Last edited by calipoppy; 05-17-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies