Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 07:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Cops, Witnesses Back Up George Zimmerman's Version - ABC News

Look at what ABCNEWS put in the last paragraph of this two-page report;

Why, this can't be. Not the 12 year old sweet baby-faced boy...with THC in his blood?
New Evidence Released: Trayvon Martin Had Traces Of Pot In System : The Two-Way : NPR
**The Orlando Sun-Sentinel reports that Sanford Police believed George Zimmerman's shooting of Trayvon Martin was "ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement."

Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Did you notice on that NBC news report that they said hundreds of pages of evidence is going to be released soon, (I think they said 300 pages) and 67 CDs of info?
I do hope that they don't release the info because he does deserve a fair trial and it would be hard to get people (jurors) that don't know any thing about it.
I personally think that he did it because he thought he was doing the right thing and I don't think that it was self defense at all. Now with the meds comings out I had thought that he was probably on some kind of medication because most people won't call the cops for every little thing (I am not talking about the Martin call).

Old 05-17-2012, 07:29 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
WFTV has learned that the medical examiner found two injuries on Martin’s body: The fatal gunshot wound and broken skin on his knuckles.

When you compare Trayvon’s non-fatal injury with Zimmerman's bloody head wounds, the autopsy evidence is better for the defense, Sheaffer said.

“It goes along with Zimmerman's story that he acted in self-defense, because he was getting beaten up by Trayvon Martin,” Sheaffer said.

Are you still refusing to read the official autopsy report by the ME and look at the diagrams on Page 7? I've posted links to the ME report several times already.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-18-2012 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 05-17-2012, 07:34 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Even CNN is now showing how badly Zimmerman was beaten. It turns out that Martin had drugs in his system as well. This case looks worse for the prosecution every day, but that's what happens when the State files criminal charges for political reasons.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I do hope that they don't release the info because he does deserve a fair trial and it would be hard to get people (jurors) that don't know any thing about it.
I personally think that he did it because he thought he was doing the right thing and I don't think that it was self defense at all. Now with the meds comings out I had thought that he was probably on some kind of medication because most people won't call the cops for every little thing (I am not talking about the Martin call).
I think that a significant amount of information was released today already. However, Zimmerman's attorney (I think) made a statement on the Zimmerman web site that motions are being filed to not release some critical information, like, many witness statements, and other information to be redacted.

The attorneys and the Judge will extensively examine potential jurors during the jury selection process in an attempt to find biased jurors so they won't be selected to sit on the final jury panel. They are very experienced at that sort of thing and usually do a good job of sorting out biased jurors. Of course, if someone is hell bent on lying, not much you can do about that. Jurors are placed under oath before jury selection, so if they lie, they are just that kind of person. Nothing you can do about that. Although I will say that attorneys and judges have ways of asking questions which will reveal liars fairly well.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
So he was only two or three inches taller and a few pounds lighter than Zimmerman?
He was five inches taller and about 30 lbs lighter.

Quote:
Compared to Trayvon he was a Saint based on what keeps coming out.
Saints beat their SOs?

Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
So he was only two or three inches taller and a few pounds lighter than Zimmerman?
Which contradicts your continued posting that Trayvon was a 6'3" "football" player, indicating that he was much bigger and stronger than Zimmerman. 158 lbs is not that heavy.

Autopsy reports he was 71" tall (approx. 5'9") and weighed 158 lbs.

How much did Zimmerman weigh at the time?

Old 05-17-2012, 07:48 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
[

New Evidence Released: Trayvon Martin Had Traces Of Pot In System : The Two-Way : NPR
**The Orlando Sun-Sentinel reports that Sanford Police believed George Zimmerman's shooting of Trayvon Martin was "ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement."

And that's the crux of the matter in a nutshell. So sad, so much hate.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The police stated in their report that the incident was "ultimately avoidable" had George Zimmerman stayed in his car and waited for police to arrive. Instead of taking the law into his own hands.

George Zimmerman evidence Trayvon Martin: New evidence in George Zimmerman shooting of Trayvon Martin released - Orlando Sentinel
Well, every murder, robbery, rape is "avoidable" at some point I guess. That is NOT the point, is it?

The evidence BACKS UP ZIMMERMAN and I wonder why the prosecutor still has her job.

There is NO WAY with this evidence a charge of 2nd murder was justified.

Cops, Witnesses Back Up George Zimmerman's Version - ABC News

Quote:
"He witnesses a black male, wearing a dark colored 'hoodie' on top of a white or Hispanic male and throwing punches 'MMA (mixed martial arts) style,'" the police report of the witness said. "He stated that after hearing the pop, he observed the person he had previously observed on top of the other person (the male wearing the hoodie) laid out on the grass."
Quote:
A second witness described a person on the ground with another straddling him and throwing punches. The man on the bottom was yelling for help, the witness told police.
The man on the bottom was Zimmerman.

This case is DONE.

The judge should dismiss all charges immediately and the prosecutor, who I said at the time of her presser was enjoying herself, should be disbarred.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
[

Of course, no disputing that. It was also avoidable if Trayvon kept his hands to himself. Or if he didn't get the muchies from smoking weed. What's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies