Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 12:01 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If he did, then he was standing his ground to defend himself from GZ stalking him.
You need to look up the definition of stalking.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:03 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What an amusing post. So little Tray walked so fast he ended up on top of Zimmerman, which prompted him to beat Zimmerman's brains out.

OK, then.
LOL! Yes, you can tell by the severity of the scratches on Zimmerman's head that he was getting his brains beaten out! LOL! They didn't even put butterfly bandages on his head, much less stitches. His nose was "likely
broken?" LOL! He had a cracked rib and pelvic injury, yet the whole world saw him get out of the police car and walk smoothly into the station. The lengths some people will try to go to to justify Zimmerman's stupidity is astounding. I hope he's eating steak and lobster tonight and paying with the donations of those so anxious to help an innocent stranger out.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:05 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
All speculation. We don't know any of this for fact. If Trayvon was found a few hundred feet from his destination, how was Zimmerman near his car? Doesn't make sense.

The only way it makes sense is that Martin doubled back to
start trouble with the guy who he felt was disrespecting him.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Btw, are "burglary tools" manufactured for sale to burglars, or are they tools which can be used for other purposes? Specifically what are burglary tools? Where would one buy such tools?

If you have tools, you may be a carpenter.
If your only tool is a large, flat blade screwdriver, you may be a burglar.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:11 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There were only two pre-shooting witnesses.
John, whose patio Trayvon was beating Zimmerman on and the younger kid more distant who said Zimmerman was on the bottom getting beaten up until later when it seemed someone got to the boy through his family and the kid recanted things.

The big prosecution witness claimed to see SHADOWS run by their window not identifying who or what did or did not run by. Should be a great on the stand, well worth waiting for. :-)
No, you're wrong again. The NYT interviewed a witness who was interviewed by the police the night of the incident, and then again later was interviewed by the State Attorney's office, who saw the fight, was in a bedroom in close proximity to the fight, and said that it was Trayvon who was screaming for help. That particular witness has a lawyer and agreed to talk only if the name was not revealed to the public. That witness has in fact given a sworn statement to the State already. You won't know the name of the witness nor specifically what the sworn statement says until the trial. I have no doubt there are other witnesses who have chosen NOT to go public with what they saw, heard, or know, but have given statements already.

You don't really think that YOU have all the names of all the witnesses the state has interviewed, and the sworn statements they have made at this point, do you? I can promise you that you do NOT have all that information. In fact, the state and the defense have agreed to file motions to ensure the privacy of the witnesses and their statements during discovery, that the witness names will be redacted and the witness statements will remain sealed until the trial. Certainly, you are not so naive that you think the only witnesses out there are the ones to spoke to the media.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:15 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I didn't hear any lies from the Zimmerman camp. The MSM reported that Zimmerman had a record and only showed him in a jumper, so there was no reason to think he had a clean record. He could have had no money before the paypal account was opened, but it doesn't matter because he isn't jumping bail. And the report of Martin's age doesn't mean anything. He could have easily though Martin was in his teens when he was talking to the dispatcher when he saw Martin from far away in the dark and in the rain. He could have changed his perception of Martin's age later when Martin was banging his head on the ground.
Then you missed the interview with the father, I take it? And when you learned that Zimmerman had been arrested for accosting a PO that didn't give you pause to wonder about him? He had little money before they went begging for charity; he'd lost one job for being too aggressive with a customer. You aren't phased by domestic violence? The report of Martin's age is just an example of Zimmerman's inconsistencies. How bizarre that the new RW hero is someone who's capable of violence, has a spotty work record, and anger management issues...usually what would be called a bum. Yet a 17 year-old kid is the monstrous villain...unbelievable.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
If you have tools, you may be a carpenter.
If your only tool is a large, flat blade screwdriver, you may be a burglar.
Geeezzz. I have a large flat blade screwdriver! I use it to unscrew screws and to chip paint off tubes of paint. So, if a person has a large, flat blade screwdriver that means that someone is a burglar? Wow, I'd better make sure there are no screwdrivers in my car. Phillips-head screw drivers are not used as burglary tools?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
You don't think a gang member would engage before running because it's the chump thing to do??

Associating with a gang is a poor decision in and of itself.....gang members, even if they are some phonies, are not exactly known for their stellar judgment....
Still wouldn't be relevant to whether or not Zimmerman feared for his life since Zimmerman apparently did not see any tattoos on Trayvon and was not influenced by such tattoos at the time.

As I said before, Trayvon Martin is not going to be on trial. It's going to be Zimmerman. It is never a good idea in a trial to totally trash a victim who is dead, especially a 17 year old unarmed dead victim.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Geeezzz. I have a large flat blade screwdriver! I use it to unscrew screws and to chip paint off tubes of paint. So, if a person has a large, flat blade screwdriver that means that someone is a burglar? Wow, I'd better make sure there are no screwdrivers in my car. Phillips-head screw drivers are not used as burglary tools?

I have one too.
Along with an assortment of other tools.
Isn't it just a little suspicious for a high school kid
to have this one and only tool in his backpack?
Do you suppose he was makin' a few bucks on the side
tightening things? Mebbie that's how he got the jewelry.

BTW, no...Phillips-head screwdrivers make poor burglary tools.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
No, you're wrong again. The NYT interviewed a witness who was interviewed by the police the night of the incident, and then again later was interviewed by the State Attorney's office, who saw the fight, was in a bedroom in close proximity to the fight, and said that it was Trayvon who was screaming for help. That particular witness has a lawyer and agreed to talk only if the name was not revealed to the public. That witness has in fact given a sworn statement to the State already. You won't know the name of the witness nor specifically what the sworn statement says until the trial. I have no doubt there are other witnesses who have chosen NOT to go public with what they saw, heard, or know, but have given statements already.

You don't really think that YOU have all the names of all the witnesses the state has interviewed, and the sworn statements they have made at this point, do you? I can promise you that you do NOT have all that information. In fact, the state and the defense have agreed to file motions to ensure the privacy of the witnesses and their statements during discovery, that the witness names will be redacted and the witness statements will remain sealed until the trial. Certainly, you are not so naive that you think the only witnesses out there are the ones to spoke to the media.
I just read again in the news that there were not witnesses to what led up to the event. We know we have Zimmerman on the bottom getting beat up by Martin who only had bruised or cut skin on his nuckles and witnesses say they saw Martin beating Zimmerman mixed martial arts style. That was it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies