Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 AM

96 posts, read 81,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I am tending to agree with you. However, the problem with this situation is that nobody saw the encounter escalate. If Zimmerman walks then it sets a precedent that you can pick a fight, lose it, shoot and kill the other guy and get away with it.

Since we do not have Martin's side of the story we don't know what exactly happened upon the encounter.
You say, pick a fight???????? Why do you assume GZ picked a fight? So in other words, if you were to ask someone a question = that means you are picking a fight?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:50 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
In regards to an earlier conversation, "intermediate range" is apparently defined as "1 to 18 inches" in the case of a gunshot.

Autopsy of Trayvon Martin reportedly shows fatal bullet fired from 'intermediate range' | Fox News

So, yesterday's news reports from NBC that reported the shots fired from "intermediate" range actually support the other reports that there were powder burns indicating a close proximity between the gun and the target. It's a shame that NBCs reporters lack the thoroughness of other networks when reporting issues on this case. They could have avoided some confusion for their readers.

The evidence supporting self defense get stronger and stronger.

Since it came from Faux, no thanks I think that I rather wait for the trial

Old 05-18-2012, 07:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
...Burglary tools, stolen jewlery...
Where, exactly does it say the kid had stolen jewelry and burglar tools on him? Unless, of course, sweet tea and skittles are now considered burglary tools in Sanford.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I have one too.
Along with an assortment of other tools.
Isn't it just a little suspicious for a high school kid
to have this one and only tool in his backpack?
Do you suppose he was makin' a few bucks on the side
tightening things? Mebbie that's how he got the jewelry.

BTW, no...Phillips-head screwdrivers make poor burglary tools.
A 20 yo was recently arrested due to having two tools in his possession consistent with stealing copper from homes in the area he was loitering in. It happens...so this area was burglarized..a flat head screwdriver works wonders getting into some(not all) doors that can be pryed open...just speculating of course

Old 05-18-2012, 07:56 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
If Zimmerman walks then it sets a precedent that you can pick a fight, lose it, shoot and kill the other guy and get away with it.
That's what it boils down to. You can't claim "self-defense" when you initiate the confrontation.

Case closed.

Zimmerman guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Are you a man?

If so, let me ask you: Would you run if you noticed a man following you?

I asked this earlier to all of the men posting on this thread and have yet to receive an answer.
In this day & age if smart the answer is yes..get the heck out of dodge or pay the piper!

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Well, I just find it interesting that so many are asking why Trayvon didn't run. Most folks are forgetting that Trayvon was a young man. Most men just aren't going to run unless danger is obvious (someone is brandishing a gun) and/or he is outnumbered.

re: the fight. Zimmerman's injuries do not look like they would cause someone to fear for their life. Just looked like he was losing the fight and wanted it to end.
So in order to defend yourself you first have to do some sort of internal triage analysis before you can determine when to strike back? How is a person to know if the next blow will be the fatal blow? There have been people who have been killed with one punch. Your argument doesn't make much sense.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ok, but I'm trained in the field and
Quote:
I question the wisdom of letting someone who has suffered traumatic head injuries go home without professional medical observation (hospitalization).
When anyone goes through what he supposely had, pictures should have been taken and test (xray/labs) should have been done as well. If things happened the way zimmerman claimed he could have possibly suffered from a concussion which could have been life threatening.

The interesting thing will happen when the EMT takes the stand, and I doubt very seriously that he/she will lie to protect zimmerman and lose their EMT license.

I also think that you are missing the point, his whole arguement is based on that he was fighting for his life and shot Trayvon in self defense. Minor abrasions verses a concussion which would you kill someone over?
Zimmerman refused to go to the hospital (his choice) but did take preliminary treatment at the scene. Which is why he looked so clean on the police surveillance videos, but he did receive follow up treatment with his own doctor. (his choice also) Another thing, had he not shot TM, the head injuries may have been much worse/or killed, thus his reason for shooting TM. Also, why didn't TM stop the attack after punching Z in the nose and disabling him, why did he continue to pummel him, he certainly had the ability to run away?

Old 05-18-2012, 08:00 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Are you sure? If ballistics show that zimmerman was more than 10 feet away from Trayvon when he shot him why would zimmerman be calling for help?
he was shot from close range 1" - 18"

it is CLEARLY self defense

Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Wow....just wow. If anything, your claim that Trayvon was taller makes him even more gaunt and skinny. Tall does not equal intimidating if you resemble Olive Oyl.
He didn't resemble Olive Oil. And many a wiry light on their feet fighter has beat the heavy slow on his feet guy in a fight. This is really not the issue who could beat who or who was intimidated by who. It was a dark night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies