Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,272,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
In your emotive state he is simply innocent becuae he's black and bears no responsibility for events spiraling out of control. You sir are biased, irrational and frankly agenda driven.
Why? because I'm aware of the (in)justice systen here in the south and I know what it is to be minding my own business and be accosted by people for no reason, or perhaps I see my son going to the store and this happening to him and then being defamed by racist, clueless and the incredibly stupid for no other reason except to justify the killing of an unarmed child

Old 05-18-2012, 09:36 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,272,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Its a shame that they wont move somewhere where they can be happy and leave other people alone.
To whom are you referring to, the blacks or the racists?

Old 05-18-2012, 09:36 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,883,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Bull!
Here is the legal clause in Florida for stalking: Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Notice the term "and repeatedly"
Did you notice what the law says about repeatedly, ""Course of conduct" means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, evidencing a continuity of purpose."

Meaning the following doesn't have to happen over several nights. It doesn't matter how short the time frame is. Zimmerman followed Martin, then stopped, then followed him on foot. That constitutes repeatedly.

A reasonable person would see those actions by Zimmerman as threatening.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:38 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,456,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I didn't hear any lies from the Zimmerman camp. The MSM reported that Zimmerman had a record and only showed him in a jumper, so there was no reason to think he had a clean record. He could have had no money before the paypal account was opened, but it doesn't matter because he isn't jumping bail. And the report of Martin's age doesn't mean anything. He could have easily though Martin was in his teens when he was talking to the dispatcher when he saw Martin from far away in the dark and in the rain. He could have changed his perception of Martin's age later when Martin was banging his head on the ground.
Really?

They lied about how much money George Zimmerman had. He actually lied to the court about the amount of money that he had access to; he allowed his attorney to tell the court that he was destitute yet had over $200K in his PayPal account from the website that his family setup to rake in the cash as his bounty prize for killing a child.

Again, the people who are calling GZ a saint and a hero are basically the ones who fantasize about being able to do what he did and get away with it. They ALL have that fantasy.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:39 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,909,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It looks as if that kid beat the good living christ out of him.

My opinion hasn't changed. Again, look at what the Detective said, he said it could have been avoided if Zimmerman did what the dispatcher told him to. He didn't. Now a 17 y/o kid is dead, and he's facing murder charges.

*chuckle*

The officers are trained to answer in a manner that will always publicly suggest the option of the least confrontational means and safety. Departments even have policy (and training) as to how an officer is to answer as a public statement. It is a default answer anyone who was answering "by the book" would make.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,175,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Really?

They lied about how much money George Zimmerman had. He actually lied to the court about the amount of money that he had access to; he allowed his attorney to tell the court that he was destitute yet had over $200K in his PayPal account from the website that his family setup to rake in the cash as his bounty prize for killing a child.

Again, the people who are calling GZ a saint and a hero are basically the ones who fantasize about being able to do what he did and get away with it. They ALL have that fantasy.
Seriously? We are going full on stupid here.

Just admit that this fits the anti gun / self defense agenda that you believe in and no evidence that anyone authority discloses will change that fact.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:41 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,892,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Folks claimed he stole the candy? I never heard that one nor have I ever mentioned it. It's irrelevent.

One thing the video showed is Trayvon was quite tall and more than capable of fighting MMA style as one witness described the fight. Once he got his long arms swinging Zimmerman probably never had a chance.
You can just read message boards like the one your on and you will read about people claiming that he stole the candy and tea. You know the racist have come in droves.

Trayvon wasn't figthing MMA style or else Zimmerman would have been knocked out with one hit. He probably would have suffered a broken jaw and some other severe injuries other than a broken nose and busted lip. IMO, Trayvon was a teenager fighting like he was scared for his life.

Based upon what has been posted online about the case. I don't know if the 2nd degree murder charge will stick. We don't know if screams where from George or Trayvon. There is no way of proving anything. George did get beat up but not MMA style.

George has an uphill battle with the FBI's hate crime charges. A coworker has come forward reporting George was a bully and made fun of his middle eastern accent and made several racial comments about terrorism. By his Mother being peruvian, that doesn't say too much about his intelegence and his outlook on race. There were Black neighbors on record saying the George was racist.

I have to wait for more evidence to be published before forming a stronger opinion. So far its probably going to manslaughter possible 2nd degree murder.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:43 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,456,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Where was your medical training again? EMT, PA, Dr.? Just trying to establish if you know WTH you're talking about as you fling around these pronouncements. It's not looking good for you unless you just kept forgetting to post it...the other guy who WAS trained and said it, I buy his version. Otherwise you're just yammering to hear yourself yammer.
I have numerous physicians in my family as well as friends. I am in a Masters program that also requires knowledge of the anatomy. So, yes, I know what I am talking about. Do you?

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-18-2012 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 05-18-2012, 09:43 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,892,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
To whom are you referring to, the blacks or the racists?
The racist.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,883,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
If Zimmerman is not acquitted how many people will respond the pleas for help from others?

This case will define how neighbors help neighbors in their fight against criminals. Can you imagine yourself during a quiet evening at home when you hear the screams of a woman just outside. You have no idea what is happening but you assume the woman is being attacked. On the way out the door you grab your son's baseball bat for something to defend yourself with. You see the attacker attempting to rape a woman who you recognize as one of your neighbors. You confront the assailant who then attacks you and you swing hitting the assailant squarely in the head killing him instantly. You did good and your neighbor is overjoyed by your heroism. The police write the report and press no charges.
A week later you find yourself arrested for murder with the news media bending and slanting the truth. The assailant was black and this brings out Sharpton and Jackson along with the Black Panthers and other black groups. The Frankenstein mob lights their torches and you wonder why did you even get involved. You saved an innocent woman from being raped and possibly murdered and now you find yourself the target. You become the subject of public scorn losing your job and forced to move your family into hiding.
How many would help others knowing that if the assailant dies they could be tried for murder or manslaughter?
Your scenario bears no resemblance to the Zimmerman/Martin case. Zimmerman was not fighting Martin off of a woman he was raping. Martin was simply walking down the street. If Zimmerman had stayed in his car and the police showed up, they would not have done anything to Martin accept asking him where he was going. Martin would tell them he was headed to his dad's girlfriend's house, and that would be that. He might also mention that this creepy guy was following him. There would be no reason for the police to do anything else. God only knows what Zimmerman hoped to have happen. Martin wasn't seen breaking into anyone's house. It is not illegal to walk to your dad's girlfriend's house.

Maybe, the cops would find some cause to search Martin's person for marijuana, but they wouldn't find any because he didn't have any on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies