Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 12:22 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times

Advertisements

DERSHOWITZ BLASTS PROSECUTION: 'NOT ONLY IMMORAL, BUT STUPID'...

Old 04-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Exactly. And with the way the Sanford police totally dropped the ball in every aspect on this case I wouldn't be surprised if these anonymous witnesses don't even exist or were paid to make up some lie.
Each witness should be fully investigated. It would not surprise me at all to find out that the so-called witnesses are paid snitches or people willing to say anything to get out of a recent drug bust.

The police work was so sloppy and knowing the corruption level of LEO in general, they would be willing to do almost anything to cover their butts on this one.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:26 PM

96 posts, read 81,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Y They still have the statement from TM girlfriend, who he was on the phone with at that time, that says Trayvon was worried about some awkward man following him.
Yea sure.....she probably left out the part about, now I'm going to beat this guy's a&&. If something like that was said, do you honestly think she is going to tell you? So anything she says means nothing.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
Let's talk about the call with his girlfriend. If he felt threatened he should have hung up and called 911 or told his girlfriend to, he did neither.
So you are seriously going to blame the victim, who was a child? A child who was minding his own business, being followed, was approached by a strange man, and was then murdered?

Had Trayvon Martin been Becky Whitegirl you would be outraged by the actions of George Zimmerman that night. This case highlights that Black lives are worth less to many in this country.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
If you ever find yourself in such a situation, you better hope your lawyer is smart enough to strike anyone like you as a juror.

For discussion, what would be sufficient? Would it even be possible to prove it since you would dispute any evidence by saying such things as he could have made those scratches himself, could have broken his own nose. If there was a video of the altercation, would you wonder how Zimmerman could evaluate whether or not Martin had the intent to really hurt him? Would it require him to be carried away on a stretcher and then you would say that if he had been conscious at that point, it would have been self defense to shoot then?
It would take more than two tiny scratches and a self serving story for me to be convinced that Zimmerman is telling the truth. Especially considering that it was Zimmerman that was the aggressor and caused the entire incident by following Martin in his vehicle and on foot.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:30 PM

96 posts, read 81,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Each witness should be fully investigated. It would not surprise me at all to find out that the so-called witnesses are paid snitches or people willing to say anything to get out of a recent drug bust.

The police work was so sloppy and knowing the corruption level of LEO in general, they would be willing to do almost anything to cover their butts on this one.

Earth to Sco................what are you talking about? Over and out.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So you are seriously going to blame the victim, who was a child? A child who was minding his own business, being followed, was approached by a strange man, and was then murdered?

Had Trayvon Martin been Becky Whitegirl you would be outraged by the actions of George Zimmerman that night. This case highlights that Black lives are worth less to many in this country.
That's your version. Other people have another version. Most really don't know because they weren't there and don't have all the information, not to mention that flawed information has been presented.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:33 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,853 times
LOL at the picture of Zimmerman's bleeding head finally being released. The blind sheeple must be asking themselves "How could St. Trayvon commit an act of violence? He was just a 13 year old boy. He would never hurt a fly!"

Such is the life for those among us who blindly accept what their media masters feed them, who are devoid of critical thought, and for those in which the act of logical analysis is a foreign concept.

I just hope there aren't riots after Jorge is acquitted. I live in a city that is predominantly "African-American", so I don't want to be on the receiving end of "dis fo tray tray" like that man in Ohio.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:34 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
That's your version. Other people have another version. Most really don't know because they weren't there and don't have all the information, not to mention that flawed information has been presented.
And yet, you still blame the victim. Why?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:35 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Jurors can ignore the law and vote anyway they want. Nobody can ever be sure how a jury or a particular juror came to their verdict. To me, in this case the law is irrelevant, if you are going to shoot someone than you have to be able to prove that it was self defense. If you can't, than you are guilty of murder.
Technically yes, you can keep your mouth shut - however, attorneys can file motions when a jury votes in a way that is patently in conflict with the facts, a writ of error, for example (since I don't believe a JNOV applies to criminal cases).

Nice to hear about your opinions on the rule of law, though.

So in your opinion, a racist who likes to see blacks get shot should just do as you do and vote according to their opinion, and not the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies