Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The first prosecutor saw enough to do the right thing. Corey saw political opportunity.

‘Intermediate range’ shot killed Trayvon Martin - Video on TODAY.com

Innocent.
Wrong. Actually, the first prosecutor appears to have acted more along political lines than Corey. He was the State Attorney for an area of the state which has a long history of racism.

What political opportunity is there for Corey in this? Her job is to prosecute and get convictions. Since you think this is such a slam-dunk, why do you think an acquittal is going to help her?

I, frankly, don't know whether or not Zimmerman will be found guilty or not guilty because I have not studied all the case evidence at this point. I've found that it is very unwise to "blow off" an opponent without knowing as much as possible about their side.

Btw, you do know that there is no verdict of "innocent" ....don't you?

Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I think I heard Zimmerman was a bit drunk, was upset a friend was being harassed by a officer that did not identify himself. When he identified himself Zimmerman was still problem (in the way), don't know of any hitting though.
I just read the report from the link Donna posted. I admit that "punch" is a bit harsh. He pushed the officer and then swore at him. Then there was a struggle and he was arrested. That was a long time ago and he was probably drunk. In any case, nobody's perfect, which is why it's ridiculous when so many people use Trayvon Martin's high school suspensions as a reason he was killed.

It's only a coincidence, but I was thinking Zimmerman sounds like a bully after reading the arrest report and the domestic abuse complaint, and then I Googled "Zimmerman, bully" and this is what I just found.

[URL="http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/i-team-former-co-worker-says-george-zimmerman-was-a-bully"]Former co-worker says George Zimmerman was a bully
[/URL]

Interesting comment in this article: "When a defendant says I was involved in a fight because of self defense and he was the aggressor, the victim was the aggressor, it opens the door for the state to call witnesses that will say you know in the past you've been the aggressor,” says Steve Crawford.

Last edited by justNancy; 05-19-2012 at 11:06 PM..

Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Police officers do the same thing. Aren't police officers portrayed as people from the community who try to keep the community "safe"? Isn't that what neighborhood watch groups are supposed to do. And isn't that what George Zimmerman was doing?
Police officers are TRAINED and PAID to do that work. No, neighborhood watch people are not trained to do the work of police officers. They are trained to CONTACT police and let them do their jobs. That is NOT what Zimmerman did that night.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:00 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post

Now with that being said, guilty or not - Zimmerman has to be convicted of murder, without a doubt. The result of him walking away from a trial not guilty will result in the same type of riots that occured in Los Angeles in the early 90s when the police officers in the Rodney King case were found not guilty. Only the Martin-Zimmerman riots are going to happen all over the country and be alot worse.
Really? Our justice system has been reduced to the point where certain verdicts must be rendered regardless of the evidence just so lawless thugs don't beat, burn, and pillage? God help us.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:05 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
So to some people on here,a black kid in a hoodie doesn't look innocent,but looks like criminal just because he has a hoodie on?
Sounds like racism to me.....

Also,I could say that Zimmerman looks like an illegal immigrant,so really he doesn't look innocent either.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I just read the report from the link Donna posted. I admit that "punch" is a bit harsh. He pushed the officer and then swore at him. Then there was a struggle and he was arrested. That was a long time ago and he was probably drunk. In any case, nobody's perfect, which is why it's ridiculous when so many people use Trayvon Martin's high school suspensions as a reason he was killed.

It's only a coincidence, but I was thinking Zimmerman sounds like a bully after reading the arrest report and the domestic abuse complaint, and then I Googled "Zimmerman, bully" and this is what I just found.

Former co-worker says George Zimmerman was a bully
Interesting link, nancy!

So there is a witness who is saying Zimmerman was on top. More conflicting information. More witnesses. I thought this quote was interesting:

Steve Crawford is a Tampa defense attorney and says ...

"I think the more controversy there is to who was on top. Who was fighting with whom, that type of thing. The less chance Zimmerman will be able to get Stand Your Ground defense or have the charges dismissed,” Crawford tells the I-Team.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The Black Panthers put out a bounty on Zimmerman, his defense team was getting death threats, people are randomly attacking others out of "revenge" for Martin... if I was a key witness for Zimmerman I might change my story too.
I was going to write that nobody cares what the New Black Panthers say except for Fox News, but I guess I was wrong.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:11 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
The FBI has ruled the cry for help tape inconclusive.
Why is the FBI even involved in the investigation?

Old 05-19-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Interesting link, nancy!

So there is a witness who is saying Zimmerman was on top. More conflicting information. More witnesses. I thought this quote was interesting:

Steve Crawford is a Tampa defense attorney and says ...

"I think the more controversy there is to who was on top. Who was fighting with whom, that type of thing. The less chance Zimmerman will be able to get Stand Your Ground defense or have the charges dismissed,” Crawford tells the I-Team.
Sorry for all the editing. I was trying to fix the link. Guess it works now!

I also added a comment at the end of my post. I didn't realize that the prosecution can call witnesses from the past. So this must be what you meant when you wrote in previous comments that Zimmerman is using an "affirmative" defense? (was that the word?)

Old 05-19-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
prosecution needs to show Zimmerman is lying. Where is the evidence?
Whogo, here's a witness that contradicts Zimmerman's story. That evidence, maybe?

Former co-worker says George Zimmerman was a bully

Zimmerman claims during the confrontation, Martin was on top of him, pummeling his head into the ground.
Not so, said one eyewitness in her recorded interview with police.
"I think Zimmerman was definitely on top because of his size. I know after seeing them on TV showing the pictures of Zimmerman,” says a witness whose name is being withheld by prosecutors

Read more: I-Team: Former co-worker says George Zimmerman was a bully
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies