Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 08:48 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,289,663 times

Advertisements

In every picture I've seen of Trayvon Martin, he still looks like a chubby-cheeked teenager, to me. Nothing about the boy looked threatening at all.

The right wingers are simply doing the same thing to TM that they accused the liberals of doing to George Zimmerman.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:49 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,542,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why?

Here, I will help you. We don't know. That is for a jury to decide after they have analyzed all the evidence. So why would you even mention the fact that GZ killed TM unless you have a bias?

Bias is the subject of the thread. The MSM had a bias and printed a picture that fueled only one side of the case. That is wrong.

You seem to be biased too Harrier, so whats your point? You're allowed to be biased but nobody else is?

Old 05-20-2012, 08:52 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,484,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL this has to be the witness you are referring to:

Read more here: Cries in the night: Witness conflict about what happened in Trayvon Martin case - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

She can't see anything because it's too dark but after she watches TV she definitely thinks it's Zimmerman. Is this the best the prosecution can do?
My guess is it's Mary Cutcher, the lady who appeared at press conferences with the Martin family.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:59 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,542,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Do you seriously believe that the media were offered a variety of Trayvon Martin photos, from birth to current, and deliberately picked the 12 year old boy photo to publish/broadcast?? That's not the way it works. In the mad frenzy to be the first to publish a photo - any photo - a newspaper or TV station publishes/broadcasts the first photo of the victim/perpetrator that they can get their hands on. Then all the other media outlets pick up on that photo and it gets re-published/broadcasted ad nauseum.

Anyone with at least two functioning neurons could tell that the first photo published was not one of a 17 year old.

Problem is, apparently there are lots of people in this country who don't have two functioning neurons. And although I get the point that the media could have just run with the first picture they got. I believe that posting the young picture of him did add to or worsen the outrage.

Of course there will be people who will believe what they want to believe no matter what "evidence" comes to light. But the fact remains, that picture certainly didn't help matters.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:00 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,484,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Nope. That's not the witness either.

One witness said a police investigator twice declined her offer to show him the close and unobstructed vantage point from a partly opened bedroom window where she had watched and heard the struggle between Mr. Martin and Mr. Zimmerman. The witness, who agreed to be interviewed on the condition she remain anonymous because the investigation is active, said the detective taped part of her account.
She also recalled telling him that night that she was haunted by the cries for help she believed came from Mr. Martin during the struggle. But she said the investigator seemed to have already formed an opinion about what had happened. He told her, she said, that it was Mr. Zimmerman — not Mr. Martin — who was the one screaming, an assertion that remains in dispute

NYT: Police errors shadow Trayvon Martin case - US news - The New York Times - msnbc.com
I haven't heard the audio of interviews and admit some of the written witness statements are hard to read. However, if I'm guessing right [yes, guessing], one witness said it sounded like a boy's voice. How she [guessing] can conclude a 'boy's voice' was tm and not gz is beyond me.

But as you say over and over, the judge or jury will assess credibility.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:15 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,442,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I haven't heard the audio of interviews and admit some of the written witness statements are hard to read. However, if I'm guessing right [yes, guessing], one witness said it sounded like a boy's voice. How she [guessing] can conclude a 'boy's voice' was tm and not gz is beyond me.

But as you say over and over, the judge or jury will assess credibility.
Possibly b/c Trayvon was a boy and GZ is an adult.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:22 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,842,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Not nice to refer to a black man as a boy.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:22 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,060,059 times
Quote:
You have been watching NBC news too much.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:25 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,442,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Not nice to refer to a black man as a boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You have been watching NBC news too much.
I don't know what either of you are talking about. Trayvon had just turned 17 a few weeks before he was killed. He was still a child, a boy child to be exact.

Do you think NBC is misrepresenting the ages of Trayvon and Zimmerman?

Old 05-20-2012, 09:42 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,842,185 times
Quote:
I don't know what either of you are talking about. Trayvon had just turned 17 a few weeks before he was killed. He was still a child, a boy child to be exact.

Do you think NBC is misrepresenting the ages of Trayvon and Zimmerman?
You are not a child at 17. I am sure if someone had referred to Trayvon as a boy he would have taken offense. The fact is the "boy" was whipping the "man" pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies