Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 09:36 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,003,192 times

Advertisements

[quote=goodgal;24394477]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Only on forums such as this do people so passionately defend a killer. "Injustice to Zimmerman." How about the injustice done by this man, who initiated a confrontation with a 17-year-old and then killed him?

And you wonder why black people say our lives mean nothing in this society.[/quote]

Affirmative action...works for you not me...
So minorities need "affirmative action" to safely walk to and from a store? Utter nonsense. Whites have never neededanything but their skin to give them every right under the sun. Check Zimmerman's 4 arrest/DV sheets; on only ONE is he listed as Hispanic...the other three classify him as "WHITE."

Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,907,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You conveniently left off these parts:

Dispatcher: Are you following him?

GZ: Yeah
. . . .

After agreeing to meet by the mailboxes:

GZ: Actually, could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?

Dispatcher: OK, yeah, that's no problem.

Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

Talk about cherry-picking! Fortunately, by now, most of us know this stuff.
I was posting the few sentences that related to the subject at hand. What you added was indeed part of the phone call, but just as surely doesn't indicate that Zimmerman planned to continue following.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:42 AM

812 posts, read 593,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Pardon me, but what are:

"drug crazed predictors thugs and thrives."
These new iPads will change the intent of your spelling??
DRUG CRAZED PREDATORS, THUGS, AND THIEVES. WE SHOLD NOT SURRENDER OUR NEIGHBORHOODS TO THESE TYPE PEOPLE EVEN IF THEY ARE PREVALENT. FIGHT BACK!

Old 05-21-2012, 09:45 AM

2,118 posts, read 4,158,318 times
[quote=Evenstar51;24394743]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post

So minorities need "affirmative action" to safely walk to and from a store? Utter nonsense. Whites have never neededanything but their skin to give them every right under the sun. Check Zimmerman's 4 arrest/DV sheets; on only ONE is he listed as Hispanic...the other three classify him as "WHITE."
Read my earlier post about affirmative action...whites are not always given everything under the sun. Affirmative action has denied many a qualified white a job position due to racial equality even if the person in question is not qualified. Walking to and from a store should be a right of safety for anyone including women yet a woman can't be assured of the same right of safety as a man if she was walking after dark to a store now can she?.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,476,904 times
Quote:
I don't believe he's a writer for the HuffPo. HuffPo compiles stories from other sources. Also, I don't get tha feeling from the HuffPo that they are pro-gz (or TM, either), anti-Corey or pro-Corey. I've read some of their Trayvon stories, and the comments are similar to what you see here.
OK, so when HuffPo chooses to reproduce a Dershowitz anti-Corey article they're spinning the way Fox does when Dersh is a guest. How about MSNBC when Dershowitz said the same things about Corey. MSNBC spin ?

It's just easier for you to knock Fok than deal with what Dersh said.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,284,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Really? I must have missed the sign that says, "This line is for people buying candy and tea for someone else."

And how does the surveillance tape prove anything about an NBA game?

Oh, the drama! (And fabrication.)

How about the statement from his own brother? The skittles that he bought were for his brother

Old 05-21-2012, 09:49 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,237,161 times
Quote:
Are you serious?
Are you?
Some people carry guns for protection and it is perfectly legal. Zimmerman was assaulted and shot his assailant in self defense.
I'm missing your point, probably because you don't have one.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:50 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,224,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Well, if I had a gun, I'd shoot you if I could before you punched my face off. Then I'd bang my face and head on the ground, tell the cops I acted in self defense, and get a lawyer.
And don't forget to start a website for the sole purpose of soliciting monetary donations from gullible, paranoid, gun-toting, card-carrying members of the NRA.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
It is alarming to me that there exist idiots in this country that are so arrogant and bully minded as to believe I have no right to follow them down the street that the act of doing so presupposes the right to attack me and end up on the wring end of a gun. What lunacy to believe that. The further time takes us away from the racist instigators whose sole purpose is political capital the more we understand the injustice to Zimmerman.

I guess that we all will remember you saying that the next time a black or hispanic man follows you without identifying themselves with or without a gun

Old 05-21-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Good god! GZ shot TM because he feared for his life. Kid has a record of drug abuse, defacing property, possession of (probably stolen) jewelry he could not account for and a burglary tool. All this at age 17.
Ten years ago or more GZ drang too much, got in the way of some officer who had not identified himself and had to go to court over that. There was a tit for tat with an ex with both filing restraining orders.
Since ten years ago, GZ was mentoring black children, had tried to lead a charge with black churches to hels some other black person at the hands of the police. He was a community organizer and a big Demcrat.

If Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, some parents, racial groups and the President didn't make this a big news event and race issue these charges would have never been filed.
This was a straight forward self defense case.

....And Trayvon would have been murdered without a peep from anyone.....Sorry legalize lynchings went out in the 60's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies