Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 08:41 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You are only assuming GZ was following TM to confront him. He was more likely following him only to observe him, to see if he was committing a crime and to let the cops know where he was. GZ had no idea if TM could be violent. I don't remember GZ saying the suspect in the hoodiw might be armed and dangerous. Those are your words, I suspect.
Words like "he's up to no good" and "he's got something in his waistband" doesn't imply that he's a threat?

What about "he looks like he's on drugs" or "these a-holes, they always get away." Was he talking about the nice a-holes?

Your post is really silly. You are saying GZ was following TM to see if he was about to commit a crime, but then you say GZ didn't think he could be violent. So he thought that he was going to commit a polite crime? He either thought he was a suspicious person or he didn't. If he wasn't sure what he was up to (as he clearing said in the 911 call) then he really didn't know if he was violent, did he? "I don't know what his deal is" he said to the 911 dispatcher.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:42 PM

812 posts, read 594,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"the preponderance" of WHAT? You're throwing out buzzwords that don't fit. "the preponderance" of what "predicated on profiling"......

Also, now you've added a new element. This is the first time you've mention "verbally" provoking Trayvon.

this is not a riddle. It's a criminal case in the court system in Florida.
Are you a judge, a prosecutor, an attorney. I don't feel your drama. I don't think verbally provoking anyone no matter how belligerent warrants or justifies an attack so ultimately that won't hold water. In this case I did not say preponderance of evidence and did not mean to suggest that. For you and me there is as yet no evidence only speculation here say and extraordinary imagination.

To the best of my understanding this is what z said happened. He complied and ceased to follow he lost sight of t and when he saw him again itvwasvat close quarters. T asked him if he had a problem and then said you do now and I don't think itbisa huge leap of imagination to suspect soon thereafter the beating began.
The fact that I might or might not agree that z was within his rights to follow him to his front porch is immaterial. I do happen to believe that you and I have the right to look out for what goes on in our neighborhoods. Would impersonally have handled it the way z did? No. Would I have followed him ? No. Was it profiling when it was well known that young black males were suspect of break ins in the neighborhood? No.
You may or may not care about the security of your home and neighborhood. I care very much. I have occasionally written down a license plate and in no case that I remember we're they black. A young black male came to my doorstep soliciting one night just after dark. I called the cops and wanted to know why. If it had been a white orvoriental or even a religious call I would still have called the cops. Out of order. Drive by my house slowly a couple of times in a strange out of place beat up van...I'm calling the cops.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:48 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So what does copyrighting anything have to do with her positively identifying her son's voice? She knows his voice from the moment he was born....for 17 years his voice was probably more familiar to her than any other voice in her life. A mother recognizes the sound of her child's voice.
Since copyrighting as a legal action is aimed at monetary gain it makes me believe that everything she says has the same objective.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
You may or may not care about the security of your home and neighborhood. I care very much. I have occasionally written down a license plate and in no case that I remember we're they black. A young black male came to my doorstep soliciting one night just after dark. I called the cops and wanted to know why. If it had been a white orvoriental or even a religious call I would still have called the cops. Out of order. Drive by my house slowly a couple of times in a strange out of place beat up van...I'm calling the cops.
People on this board sound too paranoid.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:56 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Since copyrighting as a legal action is aimed at monetary gain it makes me believe that everything she says has the same objective.
So you're saying she lies about recognizing her son's voice on the recording screaming for help because she has a copyright out there on something? That's just too jaded for anyone and doesn't make any sense.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
People on this board sound too paranoid.
I don't stand out in the yard looking for opportunities I just try to be aware and conscious of my surroundings. Don't plan on being broad sided in a parking lot or my front door. Paranoid jn is making assumptions that the world is after you because of your skin color. I have an oriental friend that grew up in a red neck area of ky. He was taunted and mistreated by blacks and whites and actually scarred thecwayvsome here are evidently scarred. When we become adults that generally goes away particularly in the work place.
In this day and age donyounhonestly believe thevsanford police ad a bunch of sunglasses wearing bubbas that said damn Miami hoodlum got what he deserved and let z go based on hate of blacks and carelessness for justice toward a young man. If you believe that, those that believe that, grow up, get a life, get out more, gt a job change neighborhoods loose the yoke.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:05 PM

The copyright was to protect her son's name and image. I can't believe anyone is even mentioning this after GZ raised over $200k from a website and told the judge he was indigent. Many parents of murdered children (John Walsh, for example) have made money from the death of a child, but the money has always gone to good use, like helping others.

As I wrote earlier, I feel as if we're talking about the same things over and over again. I suppose that's the definition of insanity, since we're getting the same results!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Because practically everything said here, the preponderance is predicated on profiling and the notion the picture the idiot liberal corrupt liberal media painted of a choir boy. It is about what I said it was about. mr. Zimmerman did you verbally provoke, physically invade the space of this young adult. If your old enough to puff on a joint and pack a throw down punch on an adult you are you have called the shots of adult responsibility.
Did z invade his space. Answer that question you have solved the riddle. Otherwise it was self defense.
Quote:
Are you a judge, a prosecutor, an attorney. I don't feel your drama. I don't think verbally provoking anyone no matter how belligerent warrants or justifies an attack so ultimately that won't hold water. In this case I did not say preponderance of evidence and did not mean to suggest that. For you and me there is as yet no evidence only speculation here say and extraordinary imagination.

To the best of my understanding this is what z said happened. He complied and ceased to follow he lost sight of t and when he saw him again itvwasvat close quarters. T asked him if he had a problem and then said you do now and I don't think itbisa huge leap of imagination to suspect soon thereafter the beating began.
The fact that I might or might not agree that z was within his rights to follow him to his front porch is immaterial. I do happen to believe that you and I have the right to look out for what goes on in our neighborhoods. Would impersonally have handled it the way z did? No. Would I have followed him ? No. Was it profiling when it was well known that young black males were suspect of break ins in the neighborhood? No.
The above is what YOU said. Your use of the word "preponderance" does not make sense in the first sentence of the first quote. I said nothing about preponderance of the evidence, which is the standard of proof in civil cases. I asked you a preponderance of WHAT?

YOU brought up the subject of verbally provoking Trayvon in your above post....see the bolded sections. Now you're objecting to your own question about "verbally provoking".....make up your mind, please.

Maybe English is not your first language; maybe that is the problem with the vocabulary not matching what it seems you're trying to say.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I hope he does have injuries. If some strange wierdo starts chasing me in the rain and corners me, I would beat his ass too.
Hmm..didn't learn much did you?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I don't stand out in the yard looking for opportunities I just try to be aware and conscious of my surroundings. Don't plan on being broad sided in a parking lot or my front door. Paranoid jn is making assumptions that the world is after you because of your skin color. I have an oriental friend that grew up in a red neck area of ky. He was taunted and mistreated by blacks and whites and actually scarred thecwayvsome here are evidently scarred. When we become adults that generally goes away particularly in the work place.
In this day and age donyounhonestly believe thevsanford police ad a bunch of sunglasses wearing bubbas that said damn Miami hoodlum got what he deserved and let z go based on hate of blacks and carelessness for justice toward a young man. If you believe that, those that believe that, grow up, get a life, get out more, gt a job change neighborhoods loose the yoke.
Again you bring up the subject of race, and imply that blacks are paranoid because of the color of their skin.

In addition, the rest of the post seems amazingly naive. Maybe you didn't grow up in this country, and maybe you're unfamiliar with American history, as well as the history of Central Florida and in particular Sanford, Florida. That could account for the naivete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies